Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Roddy White a top 3 WR?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is he?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 73

Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Is Roddy White a top 3 WR? Reply with quote

Pretty simple, is Roddy White better than Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald?

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i have him at either 5 or 6 with either him or Jennings switched out.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even close for me.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Not a single wide receiver outside of Roddy White has had over 85 catches, 1150 yards and 6 TD's over each of the last five seasons. Add in his clutch plays and how teams have to account for him every play, he can be frustrating for a defense. His performance this year has him on pace to add a sixth straight year to his 85-1150-6 streak. One that has only been duplicated by two other players: Torry Holt and Jerry Rice.

Roddy White is the Rodney Dangerfield of Wide Receivers. He gets no respect from fans or analysts. But his colleagues will all say he is one of the best in the game.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
JDKing14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Yes. Not a single wide receiver outside of Roddy White has had over 85 catches, 1150 yards and 6 TD's over each of the last five seasons. Add in his clutch plays and how teams have to account for him every play, he can be frustrating for a defense. His performance this year has him on pace to add a sixth straight year to his 85-1150-6 streak. One that has only been duplicated by two other players: Torry Holt and Jerry Rice.

So which of Andre, Calvin, or Fitz is he better than?
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

He thinks he's better than all of them.

He's the reason this thread has come to be. Laughing

Roddy White supposedly draws just as much if not more attention from D-coordinators than all of them.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

He's more consistent then Calvin and Fitz. I have it as this:
1) Calvin Johnson
2) Andre Johnson
3) Roddy White.
4) Larry Fitz.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Roddy White supposedly draws just as much if not more attention from D-coordinators than all of them.

Way to try and put words in my mouth. Why don't you actually let me explain my stance in more than 140 characters. Quit acting like a jackhole.

I said Roddy is gameplanned against just like Andre, Calvin and Fitz are. You said he wasn't. You are completely wrong. Nice try though.

Roddy also CAN'T be the entire focus like any of those three. Mainly because you put 3 on Roddy, you give Julio and Tony the rest of the field. can't do that.

JDKing14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Way to try and put words in my mouth. Why don't you actually let me explain my stance in more than 140 characters. Quit acting like a jackhole.

I said Roddy is gameplanned against just like Andre, Calvin and Fitz are. You said he wasn't. You are completely wrong. Nice try though.

Roddy also CAN'T be the entire focus like any of those three. Mainly because you put 3 on Roddy, you give Julio and Tony the rest of the field. can't do that.

This is just false...especially Calvin. Nobody gets gameplanned against like he does.

I'm a Falcons fan btw, but Roddy is not the dominant force that those top 3 are.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

1) Calvin Johnson
2) Andre Johnson
3) Roddy White.
4) Larry Fitz.

Roddy white is not better than Larry Fitz. I have Greg Jennings better than him in fact. Hes either 5 or 6.

This is all prisoner of the moment. I guarentee you if roddy white didnt catch that ball which easily couldve been intercepted, we wouldnt be discussing this right now.

Roddy white is very good but there are couple more receivers than the consensus 3 i'd take over him.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, Scar is maddddd.

Just went all e-tough guy on me on Twitter.

Apparently Roddy White means a lot to him. Laughing

DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT RODDY LIKE THAT! Laughing Laughing Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not Top-3.

He is a Top-10 receiver easily.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

1) Calvin Johnson
2) Andre Johnson
3) Roddy White.
4) Larry Fitz.

Sorry but there is no way White is better than Fitzgerald if for the sole fact Fitzgerald is far more consistent catching the football.

But White is a top 5 receiver.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Yes. Not a single wide receiver outside of Roddy White has had over 85 catches, 1150 yards and 6 TD's over each of the last five seasons.

It's easy to have seasons with that much stat accumulation when you are thrown to so much.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Dang, Scar is maddddd.

Just went all e-tough guy on me on Twitter.

Apparently Roddy White means a lot to him. Laughing

DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT RODDY LIKE THAT! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mesa, don't act like you know me. you don't. And you never will have the pleasure. But yes, I would call you a complete and total punk to your face. I'd call you much worse than anything that's allowed here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: