Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Roddy White a top 3 WR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is he?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 73

Author Message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38162
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Since when have we said WR's are bad because they get more targets? This forum is stupid and that guy who keeps posting the laughing smiley is cocky and thinks he's an expert on everything football.

If this forum is stupid, why are you posting here?

mse already warned people to stop with the name calling. Cut it out with this nonsense. That goes for everyone.


ATL Jones Bro3,

This isn't the first time where your comments towards others have been very negative in nature. I understand that you are defensive over your team, but if you cannot tone it down a bit with the attacking demeanor against others, you will force us to take action against you.

We know you're passionate, and that is awesome - but we're trying to promote actual discussion, not passive/aggressive behavior towards one another as well as blatant attacking of others because they simply don't see it the way you do. Please be mindful of that prior to posting again.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

- ET
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3270
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to agree but Jennings really is overrated in these parts. I wouldn't go as far to say that he isn't as good as Jordy but if he's in my top 10 I'd say he's in the 8-10 range.

As far as Roddy, he's a beast no question but I'd have a hard time putting him over both Johnsons and Fitzgerald and I suspect he will soon be the second best WR on his team once Julio Jones hits his prime.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
TheGreatDebater


Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 346
Location: Atlanta,GA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Roddy White is in no way shape or form better than Megatron, Fitz, Andre or AJ Green.. I'm not sure I'd take him before Dwayne Bowe, or Hakeem Nicks


OK im getting the feeling AJ Green is getting slightly overrated, Roddy White has been producing for about 5 years now AJ Green has 1 season on his resume and you say AJ is better and not even debatable LOL Laughing Remember what White was doing when AJ wasn't even in the league i mean come on i love AJ Green but stop with these ridiculous posts AJ is arguably top 5 though at best but i will say no one is touching Calvin/Fitz/Andre...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9220
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't rank White in the top 3, top 8 for sure though.

Also who cares what Roddy did 3-5 years ago, the question is about today. How can one use what Roddy 4 years ago against what Green is doing this year Confused

If I had to choose a receiver to play for Tampa next week I would probably go Calvin, Fitz, Green, Johnson, Marshall-Jones-Nicks
_________________

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5174
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Roddy White a top 3 WR? Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Pretty simple, is Roddy White better than Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald?


Uhh.. no. He's probably somewhere in the 6-9 range. He's a very good player but elite receiver's don't have the 49th highest catch rate in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4701
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
JDKing14 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Yes. Not a single wide receiver outside of Roddy White has had over 85 catches, 1150 yards and 6 TD's over each of the last five seasons. Add in his clutch plays and how teams have to account for him every play, he can be frustrating for a defense. His performance this year has him on pace to add a sixth straight year to his 85-1150-6 streak. One that has only been duplicated by two other players: Torry Holt and Jerry Rice.


So which of Andre, Calvin, or Fitz is he better than?

He's more consistent then Calvin and Fitz. I have it as this:
1) Calvin Johnson
2) Andre Johnson
3) Roddy White.
4) Larry Fitz.


It's probly still those 3...AJ Green and Bowe are 4 and 5. I think that's pretty clear...those two guys are consistent and put up numbers with either a bad QB (Bowe) or being the only legit playmaker on offense (Green). Most everyone else has both a good to elite QB AND other threats. The numbers are all pretty similar. Bowe could easily be 1st in yards and TD's if not for the obvious Cassel misfires.

Green may be top 2 or 3, but i'll wait til the season's over. Bowe, is more unclear...his numbers are as good as anyone's outside the top 3 with no down years, while easily playing with the worst QB's since '07. I just want so bad to see this guy with a real QB, with the Chiefs or somebody else, before he gets old. He's top notch at getting his feet down in bounds, running after the catch, and blocking for a WR. As many catches as he does get, he's open without getting thrown to more than any other #1 WR.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4506
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fitz and Megatron are firmly set as the top 2 WRs in the league. Don't really see an argument against them. Roddy isn't a top 3 WR because he gets thrown to like 180 times a year from a Pro-Bowl QB. I'd take Andre and maybe even AJ Green over White. White has a great #2 WR to take pressure off him and a top 5 TE as well. Megatron is the best receivers on his team and it's not even close. Same goes for Fitz who has absolutely no one to take pressure off him and average QB play(at best) and he still produces. Andre is super injury prone however when he's 100% every corner has a tough time covering him. IMO AJ may take the top spot in 2-4 years.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4701
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some evidence for Bowe to be top 5

'07 rookie-1,000 yards with Croyle
'08-1,000 yards with Thigpen
'09-injury/suspended
'10-1,000 yards with Cassel
'11-1,000 yards with Palko
'12-1,000 yards with Quinn???
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blink


Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 722
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatDebater wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Roddy White is in no way shape or form better than Megatron, Fitz, Andre or AJ Green.. I'm not sure I'd take him before Dwayne Bowe, or Hakeem Nicks


OK im getting the feeling AJ Green is getting slightly overrated, Roddy White has been producing for about 5 years now AJ Green has 1 season on his resume and you say AJ is better and not even debatable LOL Laughing Remember what White was doing when AJ wasn't even in the league i mean come on i love AJ Green but stop with these ridiculous posts AJ is arguably top 5 though at best but i will say no one is touching Calvin/Fitz/Andre...


Well, AJ is a better wideout right now.

Who cares what Roddy did 3 years ago? By this logic Watt isn't the best 34 DE in the game.

Roddy is talented, just not as talented as the 7-8 guys ahead of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wislakrak


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 225
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While he is a top 10 lock, and possible top 5 receiver. His hands aren't as sure as the three other guys, but they're not so bad that they would kill his bid to be a top receiver in the league. Also the three guys you just named are possible Hall of Famers, while White is talented All Pro/Pro Bowl he is not a high ranking tier hall of fame candidate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
renndawg37


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 1696
Location: Toronto, ON
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Gimme Fitz, CJ, AJ Green, and Andre Johnson over White. He is my number five however.
_________________
2013/14 ADOPT-A-TITAN

Zach Brown
George Wilson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superfly3176


Joined: 14 Nov 2011
Posts: 614
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No and by the end of the year I'm not even sure he'll be the best WR on his team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9564
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Roddy White is in no way shape or form better than Megatron, Fitz, Andre or AJ Green.. I'm not sure I'd take him before Dwayne Bowe, or Hakeem Nicks

How are they better? Oh right they're flashier.


Yeah Nicks might be a little much lol, but if Dwayne Bowe gets a consistent QB he could enter top tier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84229
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have him at #4 behind Johnson x2 and fitz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 4690
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Roddy White is in no way shape or form better than Megatron, Fitz, Andre or AJ Green.. I'm not sure I'd take him before Dwayne Bowe, or Hakeem Nicks

How are they better? Oh right they're flashier.


Yeah Nicks might be a little much lol, but if Dwayne Bowe gets a consistent QB he could enter top tier.


Why not Nicks? He doesn't get nearly the amount of targets, but the guy is extremely sure handed, a very good route runner, impressively strong for a WR and a big play threat on every down. I'm not trying to say Nicks is definitely better then White, but I don't think it's clear he's not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group