Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Did we make a big mistake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can beat the Steelers at home we've a good chance against the Jags, chiefs, Bucs and Browns. A fighting chance against the Saints and Broncos. On our travels is where we could struggle though, especially since we visit Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, chargers and Chiefs. Still would think two wins from that is possible.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
great pass rushers coming out this year. Any smith or watt's in this draft.

Jarvis Jones - OLB - ideally a 3-4 fit, but could thrive in a Von Miller like role in a 4-3. Kids a solid pass rusher. Great first step.

Yes, but it looks like we'd need a top 3 pick for that guy.

Should work out, because this team will compete w/ Cleveland for the #1 overall pick and they are more talented than Oakland.

The Browns are more talented then the Raiders? I've heard it all now. Crazy to think that such a talent deprived team had a chance to go 9-7 in week 17 last season without Palmer and McFadden on the field at the same time. Hue Jackson should have been named COY.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Jarvis Jones - OLB - ideally a 3-4 fit, but could thrive in a Von Miller like role in a 4-3. Kids a solid pass rusher. Great first step.

Should work out, because this team will compete w/ Cleveland for the #1 overall pick and they are more talented than Oakland.

The Browns are more talented then the Raiders? I've heard it all now. Crazy to think that such a talent deprived team had a chance to go 9-7 in week 17 last season without Palmer and McFadden on the field at the same time. Hue Jackson should have been named COY.

Blah blah... the AFC west was crap the last 2 seasons. If Cleveland played in it, they'd find more success. You can't compare last season to this and you KEEP doing it. There are too many moving parts and changes in the NFL

And yes. The Browns defense is full of talented players. Sheard is a fantastic up and coming pass rusher, Haden is a top 5 CB in my book, Jackson might be the most underrated MLB in the game. TJ Ward plays SS like it's suppose to be played.

So when the Raiders face the Browns and Weeden gets his crack at this pathetic defense, I'll take Cleveland to stall out the Raiders O far more than the Raiders to control Weeden and Richardson as sad as that is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Blah blah... the AFC west was crap the last 2 seasons. If Cleveland played in it, they'd find more success. You can't compare last season to this and you KEEP doing it. There are too many moving parts and changes in the NFL

And yes. The Browns defense is full of talented players. Sheard is a fantastic up and coming pass rusher, Haden is a top 5 CB in my book, Jackson might be the most underrated MLB in the game. TJ Ward plays SS like it's suppose to be played.

So when the Raiders face the Browns and Weeden gets his crack at this pathetic defense, I'll take Cleveland to stall out the Raiders O far more than the Raiders to control Weeden and Richardson as sad as that is.

Need to get your Kindle looked at. Top 5 no. Top 10 probably so.

edit: also want to add we are better with or even with the Browns on just about every offense position on the field. Their defense is better than ours I agree with that though.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

You don't get it do you? Chargers had no Oline. Broncos had no QB and KC was w/out Charles.

They had a chance and the Hue Jackson offense couldn't finish games. And Breneshan's defense couldn't stop other teams. Which brings us to 2012. Chargers have and Oline and improved D. Denver has a HOF QB. Charles is back and running strong despite KC's failures.

And Oakland. They did NOTHING to improve the talent of this team. They couldn't. The defense was bad last year, injuries have made it even worse now.

This team was 8-8 in a poor division. That's it. They were not talented enough to compete in the playoffs. They were talented enough to finish 8-8 and 3rd place in the division. That's who they were.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Need to get your Kindle looked at. Top 5 no. Top 10 probably so.

edit: also want to add we are better with or even with the Browns on just about every offense position on the field. Their defense is better than ours I agree with that though.

A good defense can keep a team in games. As poor as the Browns O is, the Raiders defense will make them look good. Remember, they made Colt McCoy look good and it took a Ford KR TD to pull off a win last year.

As for Haden. Top 5 for me. Kid is a stud all the way around. I'd rank them today in no order.

Revis, Joseph, Browner, Asomugha, Haden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
They were talented enough to finish 8-8 and 3rd place in the division. That's who they were.

Still crazy since according to you they're the least talented team in the league.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
They were talented enough to finish 8-8 and 3rd place in the division. That's who they were.

Still crazy since according to you they're the least talented team in the league.

They're battling with Cleveland for least talented. Obviously. Get your facts straight.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

You don't get it do you? Chargers had no Oline. Broncos had no QB and KC was w/out Charles.

They had a chance and the Hue Jackson offense couldn't finish games. And Breneshan's defense couldn't stop other teams. Which brings us to 2012. Chargers have and Oline and improved D. Denver has a HOF QB. Charles is back and running strong despite KC's failures.

And Oakland. They did NOTHING to improve the talent of this team. They couldn't. The defense was bad last year, injuries have made it even worse now.

This team was 8-8 in a poor division. That's it. They were not talented enough to compete in the playoffs. They were talented enough to finish 8-8 and 3rd place in the division. That's who they were.

The combination of McFadden and Palmer playing together with an off-season under his belt isn't improving to you? Interesting.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland really isn't as bad as their record indicates. If Greg Little and other WRs could catch, they'd have a couple wins and one would be against the Eagles.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

That was talking about last year.

This year, yes. They might be the least talented team in the league.

My hope is Carter can give them some much needed pass rush. Spencer and Bartel come back healthy. That is about the only stopping this team from vying for the #1 overall pick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

The combination of McFadden and Palmer playing together with an off-season under his belt isn't improving to you? Interesting.

Sure and I thought they might be a 6-7 win team solely on the offense. I wasn't buying a defense with no pass rushers and little depth.

Not enough faces changed on defense to give me hope. Was really crossing my fingers Bartel and Spencer showed out and played well and well we see how that's gone.

But I was not blind enough to think that this team was going to improve from 8-8 when everyone around them got better on the schedule and they got worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

They're battling with Cleveland for least talented. Obviously. Get your facts straight.

Care to show me some less talented teams?

Titans maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapp has allowed me to fall asleep in the third 3tr in 2 of the last 3 games he is looking like the ultimate weak link. well him and our cb and wr depth.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
knapp has allowed me to fall asleep in the third 3tr in 2 of the last 3 games he is looking like the ultimate weak link. well him and our cb and wr depth.

The lack of pass rush, too... No?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: