Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers 28 Saints 27 FINAL. Post Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Wekk 1 we play mostly zone. Alex Smith was J. Montana 2.0.

Weeks 2 and 3 we play mostly man. Our defense looks 100% better.

Yesterday we play mostly zone, and got carved up like a turkey. Sure, Brees is the best QB we've faced so far, but he'll also eat you alive if you play zone and get no pressure, which is what happened. The times we did play man, we fared MUCH better.

We also gave up some big plays in man too yesterday.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
snackattack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did James Jones putdateamonhisback?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel this is thread worthy so I'm going to post it here.

Quote:
New from JS: Burnett had helmet with radio receiver in it instead of D.J. Smith http://bit.ly/VljWuL

Interesting. I wonder if Capers thought this would help cut down secondary mis-communications?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james jones had a hand transplant

1st half with jennings 21 pts.

2nd half w/o #85, 7 pts.
Bucks
Badgers
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:
Wekk 1 we play mostly zone. Alex Smith was J. Montana 2.0.

Weeks 2 and 3 we play mostly man. Our defense looks 100% better.

Yesterday we play mostly zone, and got carved up like a turkey. Sure, Brees is the best QB we've faced so far, but he'll also eat you alive if you play zone and get no pressure, which is what happened. The times we did play man, we fared MUCH better.

We also gave up some big plays in man too yesterday.

Our man/zone percentages were nearly 50/50 against Chicago. Haven't run the numbers yet to see how effective both were. Also played a lot more zone with the lead, which is to be expected. Quarter breakdowns will be interesting. Won't bother with them until the first quarter though. Will also be interesting to see the splits with lead vs. trailing/tie
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's in line with Capers history also, RS. Looks as if he likes about a 50/50 split. No real pattern in his play calling though. Man could show you anything on any given play. Gets crazy with it at times also. Not common with him, but I broke one down last year where he flipped zone/man on 9 consecutive plays! There is a method to his madness, no doubt. But it makes for a interesting watch more weeks than not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
Despite Tripplette's best efforts we came out with the win.

Seriously, almost wanted the replacements back after the DROPPED catch by Graham and the FUMBLE by Sproles. (And the push by Colston to start it all)

We did play pretty crappy on D though, most I attribute to Capers running schemes from the Do Not Use pile (Zone). When we played man we did alot better.

The thing is. We looked good in man against Seattle and Chicago. I don't think our guys would have held up in man against the offense we played yesterday. I just remember that nightmarish Monday Night game back in 2008 when Sanders tried to play man against Drew Brees and it was 60+ yard TD city all night long. Brees is just too accurate to try to play man against him. I think you'll limit his completion % but you'll give up some big plays.

We can't forget. Brees put up 460 yards against the 49ers. Brees is going to get his yardage. That is how New Orleans is built. They have pass catching threats in the short, intermediate, and deep parts of the field. You can't man up on everybody. I thought we got decent heat on Brees at times during the game. We did force 20 incompletions from Brees which doesn't happen a whole lot. We did well in the red zone and that's half the battle against a team like New Orleans. The Packers were 4 out of 5 in the red zone. The Saints were 2 out of 4.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
That's in line with Capers history also, RS. Looks as if he likes about a 50/50 split. No real pattern in his play calling though. Man could show you anything on any given play. Gets crazy with it at times also. Not common with him, but I broke one down last year where he flipped zone/man on 9 consecutive plays! There is a method to his madness, no doubt. But it makes for a interesting watch more weeks than not.

Is that why there seem to be communication breakdowns week after week(especially with young players like Shields/Burnett vs Morgan this week)?

Sig brought to you by Justo
SplashDive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
On a totally different note, is Malcolm Jenkins one of the dirtiest players around or what? There were at least 3 memorable times during the game yesterday that I thought, "This kid is a punk!"

Another observation: Wasn't the kid that Woodson got into it with (Charles, not Darren Woodson, Mr. Aikman) the same guy that he punched in the stomach last year when they got into that little, tif?

I am 95% sure that it was David Thomas yes.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
SplashDive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Quote:
New from JS: Burnett had helmet with radio receiver in it instead of D.J. Smith http://bit.ly/VljWuL

Interesting. I wonder if Capers thought this would help cut down secondary mis-communications?

Could be because we played a ton of 3 safety sets. Interesting to say the least.

Props to Jamison. for the sick sig!!
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Quote:

Me thinks it has to do more with that Jennings+Dime CB in over Smith and Hawk package.

Edit: beat me to it. Quick question: what happens if the dude with the radio gets hurt? No radio? Someone else gets it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Quote:

Me thinks it has to do more with that Jennings+Dime CB in over Smith and Hawk package.

Edit: beat me to it. Quick question: what happens if the dude with the radio gets hurt? No radio? Someone else gets it?

Im pretty sure there is a designated player that has a back-up radio helmet in case the one who wears it on the field gets hurt. Im just surprised they didn't give it to Woodson.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Though we dominated the Bears in man and zone (because of the pass rush), we were again better in man. Does make you think if the numbers hold up, whether the creativity and the number of different looks are needed every week? Guess conversely, our guys just need to play better in zone. Something's got to give and the D has to show some improvement in zone or perhaps Capers has to be more flexible with his needs and try to get us into more man looks, using zone looks more sparingly.

If that pass rush starts getting home, doesn't matter what type of defense we line up in.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we keep looking for a DC that can shut down Brees, we are going to be looking for DCs for a long time. Sometimes you just have to do what we did yesterday, and thats enough. Like Brees said after the game to Rodgers, man I would like to beat you once. Laughing Capers is good enough in the games where the offense struggles and then when the D struggles, thats when Rodgers and company go to town.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
If we keep looking for a DC that can shut down Brees, we are going to be looking for DCs for a long time.

Except it isn't just Brees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: