Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best CB in the Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too subjective of a question. Milliner is the most likely to step in and makea Day One contribution. Xavier Rhodes and Carrington Byndom both have higher ceilings, but are going to require more seasoning and may take a season or two before they really establish themselves (assuming that they do). Banks and Gilbert have quite high floors, but lack high-end ceilings (not a terrible thing considering the position; the same was said of Brandon Flowers as a prospect and he's fared just fine as a pro).

Poyer... I haven't see enough tape on because I avoid having to watch the Beavs play like the plague just on principle alone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I'm a big fan of Xavier Rhodes. The play he made yesterday was great.

I am also a big fan of Rhodes. I like him and Banks

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Too subjective of a question. Milliner is the most likely to step in and makea Day One contribution. Xavier Rhodes and Carrington Byndom both have higher ceilings, but are going to require more seasoning and may take a season or two before they really establish themselves (assuming that they do). Banks and Gilbert have quite high floors, but lack high-end ceilings (not a terrible thing considering the position; the same was said of Brandon Flowers as a prospect and he's fared just fine as a pro).

Poyer... I haven't see enough tape on because I avoid having to watch the Beavs play like the plague just on principle alone.

Not an attack, but I am curious - can you expound on your comment about Rhodes needing some seasoning at the NFL level?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that a single game and especially not a single play makes a season for sure but it seemed like alot of the bigger names at the position had some less-than-stellar showings.

Kyle Fuller looked solid pretty much for the whole game against the Bearcats but gave up the last second touchdown pass.

Justin Gilbert had some key penalties against Texas and had coverage (with poor safety help to be fair) on one of the touchdown passes I saw.

Johnny Adams gave up a touchdown pass against Ohio State.

Carrington Byndom didn't really stand out one way or another, which is generally a good thing for a cornerback.

When I was watching Florida State playing USF, I didn't notice Rhodes in the game after looking specifically for him. Did he get injured?

c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradley Roby. Once Mel Kiper or whoever starts talking about him you'll all agree. That Amerson guy is garbage... slow, lazy and can't tackle.

Beast
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Bradley Roby. Once Mel Kiper or whoever starts talking about him you'll all agree. That Amerson guy is garbage... slow, lazy and can't tackle.

Thank you for shining your light upon us oh mighty Draft God. Without your wisdom we would all be lost because none of us have any clue and only follow what Kiper spews.

samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you all think of Terry Hawthorne of Illinois. I've only seen bits and pieces of his game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:

I an Ohio State fan and I love Bradley Roby but I could have sworn he was only a sophmore. Bradley Robi is legit and I'm highly critical of Ohio State's pro prospects the last decade. I have not liked many but Bradley Roby is a stud. Like I said, however, I could have sworn he was only a sophmore.

Jamison on the sig
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Thank you for shining your light upon us oh mighty Draft God. Without your wisdom we would all be lost because none of us have any clue and only follow what Kiper spews.

It's true... most the names mentioned are those spouted by the Draft Gods... be it Kiper and crew or highly regarded posters on this site. Then those names are regurgitated and ranked randomly by everyone who claims to have seen said players.

Roby has been fantastic this year. He has it ALL... better than Malcolm Jenkins was during his Senior year when he won the Thorpe Award and ended up being a Top 10 pick... and Roby is JUST a third year Sophomore. Was the best player on the entire team last year.

My point is if anyone has seen him play then it would be impossible to keep him out of your 1st round projections, let alone a Top 10 CB list... which is laughable at this point considering how fickle the position is and how important the Combine / Pro Day is.

And extreme sarcasm doesn't cover up the fact that you probably have no idea what you're talking about.

Beast
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came in here to say Banks. Hes gonna be a stud in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

I an Ohio State fan and I love Bradley Roby but I could have sworn he was only a sophmore. Bradley Robi is legit and I'm highly critical of Ohio State's pro prospects the last decade. I have not liked many but Bradley Roby is a stud. Like I said, however, I could have sworn he was only a sophmore.

3rd year sophomore, he's draft eligible.

Beast
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
That Amerson guy is garbage... slow, lazy and can't tackle.

It's ridiculous how much he has regressed since last season. While he has looked pretty bad, there's no doubting his play making ability and ball skills. With his size, length, and ball skills I fully expect him to make the transition over to safety in the NFL.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Not an attack, but I am curious - can you expound on your comment about Rhodes needing some seasoning at the NFL level?

Largely it's a discipline thing. He has a tendency to let his technique get sloppy and coast a little too much on his athletic gifts. He also seems to freelance a bit more than you'd like to see from a guy who will be drafted and asked to man-up on the opposition's best wide-out. Where this is a bit of a concern for me, because it's a trend I've noticed from him in almost every game I've seen him play in, is that without seeing him taken out of his element (i.e. FSU's scheme) there can be reason to suspect his football IQ. Again, not a completely damning quality (Deion had/has god awful football IQ but that didn't stop him from having a great career; not everyone can be Rod Woodson and have both supreme athletic gifts and that chess-player mentality), but it just paints a bit of a question mark as to how quickly/well he'll translate into some of the more complex NFL defensive schemes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

It's true... most the names mentioned are those spouted by the Draft Gods... be it Kiper and crew or highly regarded posters on this site. Then those names are regurgitated and ranked randomly by everyone who claims to have seen said players.

Roby has been fantastic this year. He has it ALL... better than Malcolm Jenkins was during his Senior year when he won the Thorpe Award and ended up being a Top 10 pick... and Roby is JUST a third year Sophomore. Was the best player on the entire team last year.

My point is if anyone has seen him play then it would be impossible to keep him out of your 1st round projections, let alone a Top 10 CB list... which is laughable at this point considering how fickle the position is and how important the Combine / Pro Day is.

And extreme sarcasm doesn't cover up the fact that you probably have no idea what you're talking about.

Agree. That's the only reason people have mentioned Adams in this thread, because he hasn't been great this season (not exactly bad or anything), but he isn't even the best CB (prospect) in the Big Ten.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

He's been on my radar for a while now; was kind of hoping he'd fly low for a little longer, to be honest. There are programs that typically can be depended upon to produce a higher average of prospect at particular positions, part of that lies in the strengths of the coaching staff at recognizing and honing particular positions. Tressel's program was rather underrated at their ability to recruit and prep DB's.

And Roby's a red-shirt sophomore, he red-shirted as a true freshman in the 2009 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: