Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings, Cardinals, Bengals- Contender or Pretender?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
The Cardinals just lost to the Rams 17-3 and they go to 4-1. Their OL has given up 17 sacks in their last 2 games. They play the Bills in 10 days for their next game.

Does this game change any thoughts on the Cardinals?

Nope. The Rams defense has absolutely stifled the opposing passing attack over the last 3 weeks.

Cards aren't dead in the water yet. Just need to adjust. We'll see if they can.
Really the Bears have had the best performance and we thought ours wasn't great. Rams are a much better team than people want to give them credit for.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
kmvoss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
The Cardinals just lost to the Rams 17-3 and they go to 4-1. Their OL has given up 17 sacks in their last 2 games. They play the Bills in 10 days for their next game.

Does this game change any thoughts on the Cardinals?

Nope. The Rams defense has absolutely stifled the opposing passing attack over the last 3 weeks.

Cards aren't dead in the water yet. Just need to adjust. We'll see if they can.

I think they will be 5-4 (win vs. vikings) and have a shot at a WC.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how Arizona is going to go to MN and win, given how exposed there Oline looked. The Vikes pass rush is just as good, if not better than the Rams.

Of course I could be wrong, I just dont see AZ as a team that matches up well against MN based on MN's strengths on defense.

Prior to last night, the Vikes had 12 sacks as a team and the Rams had 6.

Regardless, the game should be a great defensive battle.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings game plan should always be to dare you to try and run on us and take away the deep plays by playing deep safetys. Try and go underneath for 80 yard drives.

We'll run the ball, limit possessions and allow the clock to run.
Special Teams is far more important in these kinds of games.

The team is young, and they are improving.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
The Vikings game plan should always be to dare you to try and run on us and take away the deep plays by playing deep safetys. Try and go underneath for 80 yard drives.

We'll run the ball, limit possessions and allow the clock to run.
Special Teams is far more important in these kinds of games.

The team is young, and they are improving.

I think this is a good strategy on defense, once they became more aggressive in taking the ball away. They dont give up the big play and its hard to run the ball on MN. Therefore to move the ball, you need to sustain long drives against this defense. Which becomes hard and if MN can begin to force more turnovers, sustaining those drives will be even harder. MN hasnt shown much ability in forcing turnovers, but generally, they will play than bend-dont-break type defense and require the offense to be perfect.

Of course, this strategy is dependent on good field position, which means that the offense cant really afford to go three and out that often, they need a strong running game and they need efficiency in the passing game.
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I dont see how Arizona is going to go to MN and win, given how exposed there Oline looked. The Vikes pass rush is just as good, if not better than the Rams.

Of course I could be wrong, I just dont see AZ as a team that matches up well against MN based on MN's strengths on defense.

I don't think there's a huge talent gap between the teams. The Vikings have the better OL, but the Cards are better on defence from top to bottom. Ponder and Kolb are basically the same guy.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I don't think there's a huge talent gap between the teams. The Vikings have the better OL, but the Cards are better on defence from top to bottom. Ponder and Kolb are basically the same guy.

No there isnt a substantial talent gap between the two teams, they are fairly even. Though, AZ has obviously better receivers and MN has a superior Oline and RB. I think the Rams showed that a dangerous pass rush can completely shut the Cardinals offense down. Defensively, I think the Cards and Vikings are actually closer than most may want to even think. Its really hard to compare defenses since they are complete polar opposites, but in terms of impact given MNs pass rush, I think they really have the potential to control AZ just like was saw the Rams do.

The Rams had some gashing runs against the Cards once the game went on, and I would expect the Vikes to try and exploit that as well.
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

No there isnt a substantial talent gap between the two teams, they are fairly even. Though, AZ has obviously better receivers and MN has a superior Oline and RB. I think the Rams showed that a dangerous pass rush can completely shut the Cardinals offense down. Defensively, I think the Cards and Vikings are actually closer than most may want to even think. Its really hard to compare defenses since they are complete polar opposites, but in terms of impact given MNs pass rush, I think they really have the potential to control AZ just like was saw the Rams do.

The Rams had some gashing runs against the Cards once the game went on, and I would expect the Vikes to try and exploit that as well.

I'm just saying: the Vikings are not a mortal lock to beat the Cards, Seahawks or Rams. Given that two of those games are on the road they will be fortunate to go 2-1.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I'm just saying: the Vikings are not a mortal lock to beat the Cards, Seahawks or Rams. Given that two of those games are on the road they will be fortunate to go 2-1.

I never said anything about the Rams and Seahawks, I actually have predicted that MN loses both games since they are on the road and both teams have looked tough at home.

MN isnt a lock to win against AZ, but give the game is in MN and how the Rams have exposed the Cards, I think MN matches up extremely well against AZ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: