Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Apple II Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This MacBook is so amazing. I'm never going back to Windows.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

So my new MacBook does not need to be calibrated? Or am I reading that wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

It's a good idea to do it every once in a while just to make sur it's calibrated correctly, but it's not necessary anymore.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
swoosh wrote:

It's a good idea to do it every once in a while just to make sur it's calibrated correctly, but it's not necessary anymore.

Alright, I'll probably do it this weekend and then every three months or so. Thanks.

Any tips for getting the most out of my battery? Should I have it plugged in as much as possible? Let it go all the way down? Etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk why but for some reason two nights ago my phone with making random vibrates.... and now it just vibrates when a text comes or incoming call comes while the ringtone setting is clearly on and phone is off silent

any ideas?

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time using my iPhone for the media services on it, listening to a podcast. The attention to detail really impresses me.

- Best since day one -
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting a Mac as a graduation present two years ago, and an iPhone 4s as a birthday present, (that I helped pay for) and using them a lot, I think it's safe to say that I'm going to go back to windows for my next laptop and back to either android or windows phone or whatever else.

I feel a lot more limited with apple products than I ever did with microsoft. The iPhone doesn't even support flash. There are a lot of products not available for Mac, and since I am looking to make a career in web design, it seems that I will benefit a lot more from a windows laptop.

The best thing about the Mac is the mousepad, and that it is safer when it comes to viruses compared to Windows, but I am smart when I browse the internet, and great at removing viruses so that's irrelevant to me. I just don't see the case anymore for apple products being better than the competition.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a black iPhone 5 and the power/sleep button is slightly loose. It's only evident if I put my finger on it and wiggle it though but still it's not something I expected from a brand new device. Is this normal? Or should I make a trip all the way to the apple store to attempt to get this fixed/replaced?
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
After getting a Mac as a graduation present two years ago, and an iPhone 4s as a birthday present, (that I helped pay for) and using them a lot, I think it's safe to say that I'm going to go back to windows for my next laptop and back to either android or windows phone or whatever else.

I feel a lot more limited with apple products than I ever did with microsoft. The iPhone doesn't even support flash. There are a lot of products not available for Mac, and since I am looking to make a career in web design, it seems that I will benefit a lot more from a windows laptop.

The best thing about the Mac is the mousepad, and that it is safer when it comes to viruses compared to Windows, but I am smart when I browse the internet, and great at removing viruses so that's irrelevant to me. I just don't see the case anymore for apple products being better than the competition.

You know why the iPhone doesn't support Flash? Because Flash sucks. It lags, destroys battery life and doesn't even work properly on mobile devices. Flash sucks so bad on mobile devices that Abobe killed it from ever being released on any future mobile OS, so that they could focus on building stuff for html5, which is exactly what Apple said they should have done in the first place, and had been pushing for. So you won't get Flash on Android or Windows Phone or any other phone either heading forward.

What programs aren't you finding on the Mac? Because pretty much anything on PC, there's an equivalent on the Mac platform. And all your web design tools will be available.

- Best since day one -
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
I just got a black iPhone 5 and the power/sleep button is slightly loose. It's only evident if I put my finger on it and wiggle it though but still it's not something I expected from a brand new device. Is this normal? Or should I make a trip all the way to the apple store to attempt to get this fixed/replaced?
Mine has a little wiggle too. I think it's like that so it better works with cases.

- Best since day one -
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright gonna need some of you Apple gurus to help me out here....

Here is the DEAL:

I have an iPhone 3Gs and I updated the new software about a week or two ago. I plugged it into my computer (Macbook Pro that is running OSX 10.5.8 - I bought it the Summer of 09) to go through the whole update, back up some contacts, etc etc

The thing is, I had my iTunes Store on the Italy version because I was looking up an artist a few days prior and I never changed it. Because of this, my iPhone's App Store and Music Store are all in the Italian version, and I cannot download any apps/songs/etc because of this. I went back on my computer to change this, but I get a pop up box that says my iPhone cannot be used because "it requires iTunes version 10.6.3 or later (I am running 10.6). I cannot download the new iTunes because it is not supported by OSX 10.5.8.

I was telling a buddy about this, and he told me to either revert back to the old software or just buy/download OSX Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8, I believe.) This sounds like a good idea, as I cannot even run Chrome on this 10.5.8 anymore...but my question is this - is there any chance that jumping from 10.5.8 to 10.8 could harm my computer? Do I have to do updates in a sequential order?

Any help would be much appreciated!

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
patdt13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Alright gonna need some of you Apple gurus to help me out here....

Here is the DEAL:

I have an iPhone 3Gs and I updated the new software about a week or two ago. I plugged it into my computer (Macbook Pro that is running OSX 10.5.8 - I bought it the Summer of 09) to go through the whole update, back up some contacts, etc etc

The thing is, I had my iTunes Store on the Italy version because I was looking up an artist a few days prior and I never changed it. Because of this, my iPhone's App Store and Music Store are all in the Italian version, and I cannot download any apps/songs/etc because of this. I went back on my computer to change this, but I get a pop up box that says my iPhone cannot be used because "it requires iTunes version 10.6.3 or later (I am running 10.6). I cannot download the new iTunes because it is not supported by OSX 10.5.8.

I was telling a buddy about this, and he told me to either revert back to the old software or just buy/download OSX Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8, I believe.) This sounds like a good idea, as I cannot even run Chrome on this 10.5.8 anymore...but my question is this - is there any chance that jumping from 10.5.8 to 10.8 could harm my computer? Do I have to do updates in a sequential order?

Any help would be much appreciated!

You have to buy Snow Leopard first.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can't go right from Leopard to Mountain Lion. You'll need to install Snow Leopard, run all the updates for that, then install Mountain Lion.

You'll also want to make sure your machine is compatible with the update.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5444

- Best since day one -
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Yeah, you can't go right from Leopard to Mountain Lion. You'll need to install Snow Leopard, run all the updates for that, then install Mountain Lion.

You'll also want to make sure your machine is compatible with the update.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5444

OK, will I be good going from 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion?

This should cost me about $40, right?

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 6 of 100

Jump to: