Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hightower vs Woolfe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denver4Life03

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up until last night I would agree with the people saying he has been medicore. It's weird tho because by the numbers he's actually been really good. Numbers say he's getting good pressure. He's got 5 sacks and leads the league in forced fumbles with 4 on top of that as well. He's still not good against the run, but he never has been and he's not the only pass rusher in the league that's lacking in that area. Just what you have to live with sometimes.

So I dunno if it's the numbers lying or were just being tough on Dooms.
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Elvis is neither a fine run defender or pass rusher. As a pass rusher it takes a combination of bad blocking and bad pocket awareness for him to even get to the Quarterback. Every team we have faced blocks him one on one with the Left Tackle and sits in the pocket waiting for routes to open up. He takes wide outside rushing angles and it takes forever for him to get to the Quarterback generally. He has very little inside moves, he has no power, he has zero explosion, he's an entirely reliant on the coverage holding up and the Quarterback not being able to step up in the pocket. Against the run he gets blocked by Tight Ends.

He's basically a glorified Mathias Kiwanuka, a guy who the Giants only bring in at Defensive End every once in a while to rush the passer because he's not good enough at anything to play extended minutes.

Frankly I don't care what he did against the Chargers, a team who everyone including the Saints and Chiefs gets sacks against. Against New England Dumervil didn't provide any pressure all night, his one half a sack he was being blocked handily and merely cleaned up on a play where Woodyard's blitz provided the pressure, it took him 6 seconds to get the Quarterback and if it weren't for the fact that Woodyard had Brady pressured and was grabbing him Dumervil wouldn't have even got to the Quarterback in that time. This is the kind of garbage play that's being praised by Dumervil's defenders.

The fact of the matter is, he's being blocked one on one by Left Tackles with ease and the only exceptions to this are when he is going against terrible players, like against Oakland and San Diego, and in one case against Derek Newton the Right Tackle of the Texans. Frankly I'm being nice calling him mediocre because I think outside of the Linebacker position(not counting Von) he's the worst player out there.

In your view everything Dumervil does right is as a result of incompetence of the opposition. You give him no credit for any of his accomplishments. I hope similar standards are applied to you in your own life.

The man has nearly 60 sacks in 5 1/2 seasons of actual playing time and you call him mediocre? He made the pro bowl as a mediocre player. He has distinguished career stats also as mediocre player. And we know this because his distinguished excellency Anti Superstar says so. lol........
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Elvis is neither a fine run defender or pass rusher. As a pass rusher it takes a combination of bad blocking and bad pocket awareness for him to even get to the Quarterback. Every team we have faced blocks him one on one with the Left Tackle and sits in the pocket waiting for routes to open up. He takes wide outside rushing angles and it takes forever for him to get to the Quarterback generally. He has very little inside moves, he has no power, he has zero explosion, he's an entirely reliant on the coverage holding up and the Quarterback not being able to step up in the pocket. Against the run he gets blocked by Tight Ends.

He's basically a glorified Mathias Kiwanuka, a guy who the Giants only bring in at Defensive End every once in a while to rush the passer because he's not good enough at anything to play extended minutes.

Frankly I don't care what he did against the Chargers, a team who everyone including the Saints and Chiefs gets sacks against. Against New England Dumervil didn't provide any pressure all night, his one half a sack he was being blocked handily and merely cleaned up on a play where Woodyard's blitz provided the pressure, it took him 6 seconds to get the Quarterback and if it weren't for the fact that Woodyard had Brady pressured and was grabbing him Dumervil wouldn't have even got to the Quarterback in that time. This is the kind of garbage play that's being praised by Dumervil's defenders.

The fact of the matter is, he's being blocked one on one by Left Tackles with ease and the only exceptions to this are when he is going against terrible players, like against Oakland and San Diego, and in one case against Derek Newton the Right Tackle of the Texans. Frankly I'm being nice calling him mediocre because I think outside of the Linebacker position(not counting Von) he's the worst player out there.

In your view everything Dumervil does right is as a result of incompetence of the opposition. You give him no credit for any of his accomplishments. I hope similar standards are applied to you in your own life.

The man has nearly 60 sacks in 5 1/2 seasons of actual playing time and you call him mediocre? He made the pro bowl as a mediocre player. He has distinguished career stats also as mediocre player. And we know this because his distinguished excellency Anti Superstar says so. lol........

A few things:

1. Jake Plummer also made the Pro Bowl so lets not get carried away

2. Dumervil is a situational pass rusher. He is not an every down DE. When he plays every down he is not effective.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you can say whatever you want to say. All I know is anyone who calls someone who has almost 60 sacks in 5 plus seasons a mediocre player is as close to a moron as you are going to get in real life.

Anti superstar is as dumb as you are going to get as a football analyst. And why is that fact? Cos he ignores pertinent stats and any measure of performance by imposing his own opinions based on nothing but ignorant bias.
Talk about clueless.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

He's still a fine run defender. And he pressures the QB on passing downs. That's good enough for me. If he can keep that up for another 4+ years, he's a great player. Not a star. But a great player.

He's avg at best vs run. He's consistently below imo.

Consistently below against the run, maybe, but he holds contain, and he's got speed and technique to make solid tackles for loss. Anti and 67 want a HOF-caliber, all-around, every-down, game-wrecking DE. Doom isn't that but he's a good player. Just because he has flaws or deficiencies in his game doesn't mean he can't get it done and he obviously does as the numbers show he it, as I and mke have pointed out. Much bigger needs at DT, MLB, WLB, and a spot to fill at safety right now.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying nor have I ever said or insinuated Elvis is a HOF player or a complete player.
What I do state with rigid emphasis is that he is much more than a medicore player by any measure. And anyone who says otherwise is either completely biased or delusional in the worst possible way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: