Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hightower vs Woolfe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Hightower. From what I have seen maybe we should have been the one giving up a 3rd to move up 5 or 6 slots to draft Chandler Jones. He is going to be a beat of a defensive end for the next decade.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Forget Hightower. From what I have seen maybe we should have been the one giving up a 3rd to move up 5 or 6 slots to draft Chandler Jones. He is going to be a beat of a defensive end for the next decade.

Orlando Franklin has that effect on people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

To be fair, Jones whooped Clady at times yesterday, and Clady got away with holding on at least two occasions that weren't called.

MUFC OK
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

To be fair, Jones whooped Clady at times yesterday, and Clady got away with holding on at least two occasions that weren't called.

A lot of OTs have. I had biggest draft crush on Jones. I wanted to trade up to Seattle's pick for him Laughing
But I think Ninkovich was against Franklin most the time and the 6 snaps he didnt play I'd guess it was some Cunningham's 40 and Scotts 13.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put money on Wolfe being arguably our 3rd best defender. I kind of like the way we use him and would like him to be a fulltime DT but I just don't think he has the size for it. JDR is utilizing him in a good way.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Wolfe is playing way too many snaps. We need to limit him because we all know the rookie wall is going to hit at some point.

MUFC OK
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I still think Wolfe is playing way too many snaps. We need to limit him because we all know the rookie wall is going to hit at some point.
I've seen that Malik Jackson has been playing a bit more as is Robert Ayers but you're completely right.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

Isn't he playing something like 75% of the snaps?
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Not sure of the exact figure, but I bet it is in and around that. Like Russell2Bailey made reference to, we need to find a way to get players like Malik Jackson into non critical downs to give players like Wolfe a rest.

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Not sure of the exact figure, but I bet it is in and around that. Like Russell2Bailey made reference to, we need to find a way to get players like Malik Jackson into non critical downs to give players like Wolfe a rest.

I'd love to see Jackson on the field more. There'd be some growing pains but come Nov/Dec it would pay dividends.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to find more ways to get Elvis Dumervil on the bench where he belongs. He's been terrible this year.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I just want to find more ways to get Elvis Dumervil on the bench where he belongs. He's been terrible this year.

We all see how Elvis hasn't performed up to the standard of play he has set over the years, but wow. If somebody other than you or Lomax had said this, I would have laughed but since you bring it up, it as me on alert.

Would you say Dumervil's struggles are scheme related? What did DA do with him in comparison to what JDR has been doing this season?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

We all see how Elvis hasn't performed up to the standard of play he has set over the years, but wow. If somebody other than you or Lomax had said this, I would have laughed but since you bring it up, it as me on alert.

Would you say Dumervil's struggles are scheme related? What did DA do with him in comparison to what JDR has been doing this season?

I think the problem with Elvis is the same it has always been; he simply isn't a good enough run Defender in the NFL to be playing in base packages. Now I think he has done some good things on 3rd and long in obvious pass rushing situations, so I wouldn't say he has been terrible. But if you are talking about his all around game in relation to the money he is earning - well, he simply isn't worth the money lets put it that way.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

I think the problem with Elvis is the same it has always been; he simply isn't a good enough run Defender in the NFL to be playing in base packages. Now I think he has done some good things on 3rd and long in obvious pass rushing situations, so I wouldn't say he has been terrible. But if you are talking about his all around game in relation to the money he is earning - well, he simply isn't worth the money lets put it that way.

But he hasn't even come through on passing downs. Of course the finite sack is not the single way to judge pass rush performance, but still... there has to be a reason for that. Especially since we mainly judge him by his pass rushing. His all around numbers are certainly nothing we expect to be high. Of course I'd have to go back and watch games of last season, but I have the impression that Elvis didn't struggle as much in run defense under DA.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually just getting ready to ask about Dumervil"s play. I have watched every game , but am unable to rewatch games and was wondering if he has done anything this year. I was wondering this because watching live at a bar he has looked useless.

I was even thinking yesterday that it might be more beneficial to the defense to get him off the field and turn him into a situational pass rusher.

Again, I only can watch games at a bar or someone elses house, but from that perspective it seems that Von Miller is commanding more attention from the offense leaving Dumervil with 1v1 matchups and he isn't winning those battles, is this happening?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: