Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hightower vs Woolfe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRONCOS_BABY!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Here are some quotes for your enjoyment (pretty sure I did this a while back too) :-

big_palooka wrote:
Hoping the pick is Miller. 3-4 pass rusher moving to a 4-3 DE. I can't understand taking an OLB #2 overall. He's not a fit in a 4-3.

WOOPSY DAISY.

b_rent87 wrote:
Von Miller is the pick. Unfortunately

Changed your mind yet?

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
What I keep hearing on NFLN is that Miller is "versatile" and that's a big reason why we're picking him. I guess the McDaniels influence lives on at Dove Valley.

Laughing

And to just to blow my own trumpet; here is what I said 10 minutes after our pick :-

lomaxgr wrote:
Love the pick. The guy is an absolute beast, and I can't wait to see a guy with this kind of explosion on our Defense. I hate to compare people to HOF players, but he has Derrick Thomas written all over him ...

Never been more happy to be right Cool

What was my reaction to the pick? I cant remember if I was excited at first reaction...
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Elvis hasn't had a good season as a pass rusher. If he was any good as a pass rusher he wouldn't be singled teamed every play. But teams have figured out they don't have to respect Dumervil like that. Soon Broncos fans will figure it out too.

Dude gets blocked handily most plays, I don't care if it's pass or run plays. He doesn't deflect passes at the line, he's not a great stunt player, he doesn't offer much in the running game, and it takes him time to get in the backfield. He's mediocre, not good.

In 6 NFL seasons, (one of which was wiped out due to a season ending injury) Dumervil has career stats of:
Tackles 194
Quarterback sacks 55.5
Interceptions 1
Forced fumbles 12

Wow!! What a mediocre player. I am sure these stats are pretty mediocre for every DE in the NFL within the same time period. An average of 11 sacks a year and 2.5 forced fumbles per season is pretty mediocre if you ask me.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Elvis hasn't had a good season as a pass rusher. If he was any good as a pass rusher he wouldn't be singled teamed every play. But teams have figured out they don't have to respect Dumervil like that. Soon Broncos fans will figure it out too.

Dude gets blocked handily most plays, I don't care if it's pass or run plays. He doesn't deflect passes at the line, he's not a great stunt player, he doesn't offer much in the running game, and it takes him time to get in the backfield. He's mediocre, not good.

In 6 NFL seasons, (one of which was wiped out due to a season ending injury) Dumervil has career stats of:
Tackles 194
Quarterback sacks 55.5
Interceptions 1
Forced fumbles 12

Wow!! What a mediocre player. I am sure these stats are pretty mediocre for every DE in the NFL within the same time period. An average of 11 sacks a year and 2.5 forced fumbles per season is pretty mediocre if you ask me.

Look at this list then tell me he's mediocre. Look who he's past, look at the guys is nearly tied with.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/sacks_career.htm

He's had a great 6 seasons here. He's not Julius Peppers but he's above average for sure. And you can't run at him as much as you think.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what a post "analyzing" Elvis' career have to do with another post(mine) bashing Dumervil's performance this season. Perhaps you can explain when you're done congratulating yourself for googling Dumervil's career stats.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I'm not sure what a post "analyzing" Elvis' career have to do with another post(mine) bashing Dumervil's performance this season. Perhaps you can explain when you're done congratulating yourself for googling Dumervil's career stats.
He's still on pace for 10 sacks and has more than Babin, Cole, Mario, and quite a few more.

He's never been good against the run so idk why all you people are crying about it now.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
He's still on pace for 10 sacks and has more than Babin, Cole, Mario, and quite a few more.

He's never been good against the run so idk why all you people are crying about it now.
Anti isn't saying that Doom is bad, he's just saying he's inconsistent, there's games where Doom makes a big impact and other's that he's invisible in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

People are glancing over the fact that Dumervil has done nothing this season. His sacks are about the only impactful plays he has made on the entire year. No matter how you want to spin that with comparisons or projections, that isn't a good DE or player. It isn't like Dumervil is living in the oppositions backfield and harassing QB's all game. He isn't doing that though, as Anti mentioned he is getting 1v1 matchups and getting handled the vast majority of the time.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

People are glancing over the fact that Dumervil has done nothing this season. His sacks are about the only impactful plays he has made on the entire year. No matter how you want to spin that with comparisons or projections, that isn't a good DE or player. It isn't like Dumervil is living in the oppositions backfield and harassing QB's all game. He isn't doing that though, as Anti mentioned he is getting 1v1 matchups and getting handled the vast majority of the time.

While I dont disagree that Dumervil has been wildly inconsistent I think PFF has some stats to say otherwise. Take this for what its worth:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/10/pass-rushing-productivty-the-story-so-far/
Doom is 5th in the NFL at pass rushing productivity.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Here are some quotes for your enjoyment (pretty sure I did this a while back too) :-

big_palooka wrote:
Hoping the pick is Miller. 3-4 pass rusher moving to a 4-3 DE. I can't understand taking an OLB #2 overall. He's not a fit in a 4-3.

WOOPSY DAISY.

b_rent87 wrote:
Von Miller is the pick. Unfortunately

Changed your mind yet?

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
What I keep hearing on NFLN is that Miller is "versatile" and that's a big reason why we're picking him. I guess the McDaniels influence lives on at Dove Valley.

Laughing

And to just to blow my own trumpet; here is what I said 10 minutes after our pick :-

lomaxgr wrote:
Love the pick. The guy is an absolute beast, and I can't wait to see a guy with this kind of explosion on our Defense. I hate to compare people to HOF players, but he has Derrick Thomas written all over him ...

Never been more happy to be right Cool

I was hoping we'd pick Peterson, but was mighty pleased with Von. I didn't figure we could go wrong with either.
mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Just shinning the spotlight on how absurd your comments about Dumervil were. As usual, your harsh comments do not reflect reality. Googling Elvis's career stats should have given you pause to walk back your statement.
Fact is anyone calling Dumervil a mediocre player obviously is not taking in to account reality. Cheers.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Fact is anyone calling Dumervil a mediocre player obviously is not taking in to account reality. Cheers.

Praising a player for stats he has accomplished in four plays, one of which he was unblocked on, isn't exactly looking at the big picture.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Praising a player for stats he has accomplished in four plays, one of which he was unblocked on, isn't exactly looking at the big picture.
5th in the NFL in PRP. Von Miller is first.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti Superstar you hater.
Why dont you come out tonight and tell us why Dumervil is so mediocre.
Elvis was big tonight and showed he is a star much as he has his entire career. I think what really illuminates is the fact that you are a mediocre analyst and evaluator of talent. Dumervil told you tonight to stick it where the sun dont shine.
Go Broncos!!!!
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Anti Superstar you hater.
Why dont you come out tonight and tell us why Dumervil is so mediocre.
Elvis was big tonight and showed he is a star much as he has his entire career. I think what really illuminates is the fact that you are a mediocre analyst and evaluator of talent. Dumervil told you tonight to stick it where the sun dont shine.
Go Broncos!!!!

He was amazing tonight!! However, he has been mediocre before this year. Hopefully, tonight signals a huge turn around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRONCOS_BABY!!! wrote:
What was my reaction to the pick? I cant remember if I was excited at first reaction...

A very positive one. Good opinion Cool

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: