Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hightower vs Woolfe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Anti Superstar you hater.
Why dont you come out tonight and tell us why Dumervil is so mediocre.
Elvis was big tonight and showed he is a star much as he has his entire career. I think what really illuminates is the fact that you are a mediocre analyst and evaluator of talent. Dumervil told you tonight to stick it where the sun dont shine.
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.
mke1010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Elvis was big tonight and showed he is a star much as he has his entire career. I think what really illuminates is the fact that you are a mediocre analyst and evaluator of talent. Dumervil told you tonight to stick it where the sun dont shine.
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

lol......
Wouldn't expect any different an answer.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.
Elvis played pretty bad in the first half

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

He played well when his only responsibility was to go after Rivers.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Dumervil had a big impact in the game during the 2nd half.

I'm sure this won't go anywhere because your pretty set in your ways. Anyway, how Dumervil played in the 2nd half should be seen more consistently by a "star" player. No, I'm not saying he has to get strip sacks every game, so don't take it out of context, but in the 2nd half he was harassing River's consistently and that's the first time he has done that all season.

SD completely disrespected Dumervil last night. They had a rookie UDFA at LT and rarely gave him any help and for a half of football Mike Harris won that battle. I wonder if the coaching staff lit a fire under him at half time and pointed that fact out because in the 2nd half Dumervil beat Harris repeatedly, which he should have been doing from the beginning.

I hope Dumervil can consistently do what he did in last nights 2nd half, if he can ill change my tune, but 1 good half of football against a UDFA at LT isn't enough to change the fact he has been mediocre the rest of the season.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

Yeah but that wasn't until the 2nd half, in the 1st he was getting ran on and contained with ease.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

Yeah but that wasn't until the 2nd half, in the 1st he was getting ran on and contained with ease.

I know, I was pretty much emphasizing your point lol.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know why people are making a big deal about Elvis' Run Defense. It's never been good. Why are we now making a big deal about it?
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

He did change the momentum though, him and Tony.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

He's still a fine run defender. And he pressures the QB on passing downs. That's good enough for me. If he can keep that up for another 4+ years, he's a great player. Not a star. But a great player.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Go Broncos!!!!

Didn't watch the game.

He's still a fine run defender. And he pressures the QB on passing downs. That's good enough for me. If he can keep that up for another 4+ years, he's a great player. Not a star. But a great player.

He's not a "fine" run defender. He's a very poor, below average run defender who frequently gets washed out of plays. That was made better by the fact that in the past he had shown much more as a pas rusher than he has this season. Hopefully this game triggered something, because otherwise, it's a lot of money for one dimension.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Elvis gets to come at the passer, he is great. Blame our personnel, not Elvis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvis is neither a fine run defender or pass rusher. As a pass rusher it takes a combination of bad blocking and bad pocket awareness for him to even get to the Quarterback. Every team we have faced blocks him one on one with the Left Tackle and sits in the pocket waiting for routes to open up. He takes wide outside rushing angles and it takes forever for him to get to the Quarterback generally. He has very little inside moves, he has no power, he has zero explosion, he's an entirely reliant on the coverage holding up and the Quarterback not being able to step up in the pocket. Against the run he gets blocked by Tight Ends.

He's basically a glorified Mathias Kiwanuka, a guy who the Giants only bring in at Defensive End every once in a while to rush the passer because he's not good enough at anything to play extended minutes.

Frankly I don't care what he did against the Chargers, a team who everyone including the Saints and Chiefs gets sacks against. Against New England Dumervil didn't provide any pressure all night, his one half a sack he was being blocked handily and merely cleaned up on a play where Woodyard's blitz provided the pressure, it took him 6 seconds to get the Quarterback and if it weren't for the fact that Woodyard had Brady pressured and was grabbing him Dumervil wouldn't have even got to the Quarterback in that time. This is the kind of garbage play that's being praised by Dumervil's defenders.

The fact of the matter is, he's being blocked one on one by Left Tackles with ease and the only exceptions to this are when he is going against terrible players, like against Oakland and San Diego, and in one case against Derek Newton the Right Tackle of the Texans. Frankly I'm being nice calling him mediocre because I think outside of the Linebacker position(not counting Von) he's the worst player out there.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Elvis is neither a fine run defender or pass rusher. As a pass rusher it takes a combination of bad blocking and bad pocket awareness for him to even get to the Quarterback. Every team we have faced blocks him one on one with the Left Tackle and sits in the pocket waiting for routes to open up. He takes wide outside rushing angles and it takes forever for him to get to the Quarterback generally. He has very little inside moves, he has no power, he has zero explosion, he's an entirely reliant on the coverage holding up and the Quarterback not being able to step up in the pocket. Against the run he gets blocked by Tight Ends.

He's basically a glorified Mathias Kiwanuka, a guy who the Giants only bring in at Defensive End every once in a while to rush the passer because he's not good enough at anything to play extended minutes.

Frankly I don't care what he did against the Chargers, a team who everyone including the Saints and Chiefs gets sacks against. Against New England Dumervil didn't provide any pressure all night, his one half a sack he was being blocked handily and merely cleaned up on a play where Woodyard's blitz provided the pressure, it took him 6 seconds to get the Quarterback and if it weren't for the fact that Woodyard had Brady pressured and was grabbing him Dumervil wouldn't have even got to the Quarterback in that time. This is the kind of garbage play that's being praised by Dumervil's defenders.

The fact of the matter is, he's being blocked one on one by Left Tackles with ease and the only exceptions to this are when he is going against terrible players, like against Oakland and San Diego, and in one case against Derek Newton the Right Tackle of the Texans. Frankly I'm being nice calling him mediocre because I think outside of the Linebacker position(not counting Von) he's the worst player out there.

Add Mike Adams to your last part and actually I'd have to agree. Our CBs, Rahim Moore, Von, Wolfe, Vick, Trevathan (when he plays)...yeah they've all been better than Doom.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
SD completely disrespected Dumervil last night. They had a rookie UDFA at LT and rarely gave him any help and for a half of football Mike Harris won that battle. I wonder if the coaching staff lit a fire under him at half time and pointed that fact out because in the 2nd half Dumervil beat Harris repeatedly, which he should have been doing from the beginning.

vet OLman and vet pass rushers can see why they're being beaten. And those players adjust. Rooks rarely can see those things. If you watched when Jones was doing really well vs Clady, he adjusted and was making Jones disappear on drives.

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

He's avg at best vs run. He's consistently below imo.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: