Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is John Fox on the hotseat after this year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Is John Fox on the hotseat after this year? Reply with quote

Let me start off by saying, I am a huge Fox guy. I thought hiring him was a no brainer. I still think he is a terrific coach. However, I have never seen a team this sloppy. With the talent they have, they should be much better. There are way too many turnovers and stupid plays. If this continues, there will be a fall guy. The question is... is that guy Fox? For me I'm not so sure. I would have to be convinced that the new guy we would get would be better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put him, McCoy, and JDR on the hot seat. I would be pissed to have let Dennis Allen go.

Better yet, make a power play for Dungy as HC. Two hearts will beat as one if the Broncs can manufacture that reunion.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I would put him, McCoy, and JDR on the hot seat. I would be pissed to have let Dennis Allen go.

Better yet, make a power play for Dungy as HC. Two hearts will beat as one if the Broncs can manufacture that reunion.

thats a pipe dream, but would be a great way to end both their careers. i really liked the fox hiring last year because i thought the team was going to focus more on the defense, which it shouldve back when mcnevertobementioned was hired. rex ryan as much as i hate his mouth wouldve taken that team to another level.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he shouldn't be and he won't be.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

thats a pipe dream, but would be a great way to end both their careers. i really liked the fox hiring last year because i thought the team was going to focus more on the defense, which it shouldve back when mcnevertobementioned was hired. rex ryan as much as i hate his mouth wouldve taken that team to another level.

Rex Ryan wouldn't have taken any team to the next level. He's an overrated fat, POS, who has run his mouth much more than necessary.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncospride95

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Agreed. We need more talent in the LB corp and another good WR threat imo. That'll help a lot.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Agreed. We need more talent in the LB corp and another good WR threat imo. That'll help a lot.

Aren't we like three games from getting DJ back...thank god for DJ!
LW33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we miss DJ a ton but I think they found their nickel tonight. Noticed Woodyard and Trevathan playing together which makes sense....
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Rex Ryan wouldn't have taken any team to the next level. He's an overrated fat, POS, who has run his mouth much more than necessary.

Rex Ryan crippled the Jets. mangini was a better at getting young talent in and Ryan has ended all incoming young talent. This team would've been awful w/ Ryan as HC after McDaniels.

John Fox is what he is and that is a solid coach. They made the playoffs last yr. Only way he hits hot seat if he loses the team and ends season in embarrassingly horrible fashion.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance.

MUFC OK
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think 2013 is the "all in" year for Denver.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Not a chance.

Truth.

Next question.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Why?

Donut wrote:
Rex Ryan crippled the Jets. mangini was a better at getting young talent in and Ryan has ended all incoming young talent. This team would've been awful w/ Ryan as HC after McDaniels.

The Jets were closer to being a contender under Rex Ryan than they ever were with Mangina and that's without the benefit of a good Quarterback like Pennington. Quinton Coples and Stephen Hill are both legitimate young talents who the Jets just added. People just had too high of expectations for the Jets and because of Rex Ryan's loudmouth nature he becomes an easy target. He's a good coach. Blame management for the lack of talent on the Jets.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Not a chance.

Truth.

Next question.

Put me in this group ^.

When Fox took over we had the 2nd overall pick. Two years later he is on the hot seat if what? If we don't make the playoffs? If we don't win a playoff game?

I have to say, I thought this was a joke when I read the title. There is no chance in hell Fox is on the hot seat. McDaniels got two years to tear this team apart, don't you think Fox should get a little more to put it back together?

There is zero chance anyone in this organization is on the hot seat. We were the laughing stock of the NFL a couple of years ago and now there is talk of Fox being on the hot seat when we are in control of the division? I'm sorry for being so frank, but Fox has done a tremendous job thus far and he is not getting fired because a team full of new people are "sloppy." We have a new defensive coordinator, at least 7 or 8 new starters from last year, a completely new playbook and a QB who hasn't played in over a year. I'm really not trying to be a jerk but it iritates me that this is even being talked about (and not just on here, if there is talk any where else also.)

It's always greener on the other side, isn't it? Until a Josh McDaniels walks through the door and obliterates your team. Don't kid yourself, that could happen again. I'll take what we have right now over even a chance of that happening. Fox is exactly what this teams needs.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
What? Why?

Donut wrote:

The Jets were closer to being a contender under Rex Ryan than they ever were with Mangina and that's without the benefit of a good Quarterback like Pennington. Quinton Coples and Stephen Hill are both legitimate young talents who the Jets just added. People just had too high of expectations for the Jets and because of Rex Ryan's loudmouth nature he becomes an easy target. He's a good coach. Blame management for the lack of talent on the Jets.

But the 2 yrs they were extremely competitive were because of Mangini guys. Poor management is definitely part of him being HC. Tannebaum and the rest were not nearly as aggressive as they were w/ mangini. Ryan definitely is part of that. Is Tannebaum an idiot for agreeing to go for these shortsited moves? absolutely, its on both of the FO and coaching staff. I'm not going to say anything bad about his coaching on defensive side of the ball because he's very good.
We'll see how they develop though since the main young talent is just the 2 rooks. When before he took over it was Revis, Harris, Mangold, Rhodes, and Ferguson. Right now besides the 2 rooks you mentioned they have Wilkerson, and possibly could consider Wilson.

If Ryan took over an established team w/ talent we saw what happened. The improvement of Xs and Os was the big difference in Jets haviing a better(and a few big additions).
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: