Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Activate Mike Neal, Cut Phillip Merling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rbens06


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 788
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Question is, is Sherrod that much of an upgrade to tinker with the line?
I mean we have to, right? We can't just have Sherrod sit on the bench as a first round pick.


If Rodgers and McCarthy are comfortable with Newhouse then you do keep Sherrod on the bench because you do not want to mess with continuity among the lineman if you do not have to. Now, I would like to see Sherrod get the opportunity because I think Newhouse could be better this year. But again lineman get comfortable with who they are playing with and quarterbacks get the same comfort level. If Sherrod is way ahead of Newhouse in practice then you definitely might lean on giving him the chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kampman74


Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 6885
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Question is, is Sherrod that much of an upgrade to tinker with the line?
I mean we have to, right? We can't just have Sherrod sit on the bench as a first round pick.


We probably will until next TC unless Newhouse really mails it in this year.
You guys think so? Damn I've been off this whole time then Laughing I thought he was going to be a plug and play as soon as he got healthy. You figure if a G gets hurt though we bound Newhouse in and let Sherrod play T.



I am with Justin all the way, Sherrod plays as soon as possible. Gotta now if he can stay healthy and how good he is, so TT knows to get another LT in the draft. And before anybody says "well what if he gets Rodgers gets killed" because its a miracle that Rodgers is still trucking at this point, ESPN just showed a stat that he is the most sacked QB since the start of the 2011 season.
_________________


Last edited by Kampman74 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13066
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also how much worse could it get with Sherrod....like really...how much worse
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13801
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Also how much worse could it get with Sherrod....like really...how much worse
Tony Moll, Daryn Colledge (LT version), Allen Barbre. It can get so much worse. I'm much more worried about C then at LT. Newhouse is below average and Sherrod (who i love) will take time to get up to speed when he comes back but Saturday is straight bad and nobody on our roster is going to help that. And no, i don't think EDS will help.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1493
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
justo wrote:
Also how much worse could it get with Sherrod....like really...how much worse
Tony Moll, Daryn Colledge (LT version), Allen Barbre. It can get so much worse. I'm much more worried about C then at LT. Newhouse is below average and Sherrod (who i love) will take time to get up to speed when he comes back but Saturday is straight bad and nobody on our roster is going to help that. And no, i don't think EDS will help.


What EDS can start ag guard and not C his natual position. I don't get that, still don't get why we didn't give him a shot unless he is that bad yet on our team again. EDS is strong and a fighter at lease I'd love to see them give him a shot but he backs up the other 3-4 spots so likely we don't give him a try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13066
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbre got worked out with someone today Laughing
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group