Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF 2012-2013 NBA Power Rankings: #20
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team is the 20th Best in the NBA Right Now?
Atlanta Hawks
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Brooklyn Nets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chicago Bulls
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dallas Mavericks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Denver Nuggets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Golden State Warriors
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Los Angeles Clippers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Memphis Grizzlies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Milwaukee Bucks
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Minnesota Timberwolves
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New York Knicks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Philadelphia 76ers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Washington Wizards
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: FF 2012-2013 NBA Power Rankings: #20 Reply with quote

Which Team is the 20th Best in the NBA Right Now?

30. Charlotte Bobcats
29. Orlando Magic
28. Phoenix Suns
27. Houston Rockets
26. Detroit Pistons
25. Cleveland Cavaliers
24. Toronto Raptors
23. New Orleans Hornets
22. Sacramento Kings
21. Portland Trail Blazers
20. ?????????????????????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards here.

Then either the Bucks or Warriors.

Wizards will have problems spacing the floor on offense, especially since their 3 point shooters are weak. Not to mention that John Wall probably won't take too many steps forward this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Wizards being better then the Hakws next season. I'll go Hawks here.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what's the Hawks starting lineup?

PG: Teague
SG: Morrow
SF: Smith
PF: Horford
C: Zaza
6th Man: Lou Williams

Or is it something like...

PG: Teague
SG: Lou Williams
SF: Korver
PF: Smith
C: Horford
6th Man: Devin Harris

They got a lot of interesting possibilities. I kind of like the first lineup because it inserts Zaza into the starting lineup, and puts Horford at his natural 4. Smith has the versatility to play the 3, and it keeps Lou as the 6th man, where he is very good. Not only that, but it doesn't force Korver to start, but still puts a good shooter out there in Morrow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I see the Wizards being better then the Hakws next season. I'll go Hawks here.

That matchup would be interesting. Hawks got good shooters and can run a fast, small lineup, but the Wizards got good D and rebounding. That tends to play well against those small, fast teams.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um Bucks
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
um Bucks

I think the Bucks have a higher ceiling than the Wizards. Ilyasova will pick up where he left off, and Monta will have a better year up there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
um Bucks

I think the Bucks have a higher ceiling than the Wizards. Ilyasova will pick up where he left off, and Monta will have a better year up there.
I think the Bucks have a higher ceiling than the Wizards, Warriors and Hawks. But, of course, I'm biased (or that's what will be used as the excuse).

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
um Bucks

I think the Bucks have a higher ceiling than the Wizards, Warriors and Hawks. But, of course, I'm biased (or that's what will be used as the excuse).

I can agree to that. I'm probably gonna vote something similar to that too. I'm not sure where I'll put the TWolves tho. They are a bit of a mystery to me. If they had Rubio, then I'd put them ahead of Milwaukee fo sho. But to start the season they won't have him, so I guess I'll put them behind.

However, if Rubio is back at full health for the start of January, then I expect the TWolves to finish higher than the Bucks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the top contenders, who I have purposefully left out of the polls, will be added to the next one. That will conclude the poll entry process. It will be straightforward elimination after that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
um Bucks

How do the Bucks have a higher ceiling then the Warriors? Neutral
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
For 2012-2013? Easy, they have experience playing together and a much better defensive team. Yes, the Warriors have a ton of young talent but that doesn't always equal success. For the future, if everything goes right, the Warriors have the higher ceiling. However, for the 2012-2013 season, it's easily the Bucks.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
For 2012-2013? Easy, they have experience playing together and a much better defensive team. Yes, the Warriors have a ton of young talent but that doesn't always equal success. For the future, if everything goes right, the Warriors have the higher ceiling. However, for the 2012-2013 season, it's easily the Bucks.

You are aware that Steph Curry, David Lee and Andrew Bogut are all proven studs, right? Not to mention Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry making for very good depth. Just because Thompson and Barnes are young doesn't mean they're going to hold the team back.

Last time I checked, Scott Skiles is still coaching the Bucks, who your fan base loathes. Good luck with all those forwards.
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

You are aware that Steph Curry, David Lee and Andrew Bogut are all proven studs, right? Not to mention Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry making for very good depth. Just because Thompson and Barnes are young doesn't mean they're going to hold the team back.

Last time I checked, Scott Skiles is still coaching the Bucks, who your fan base loathes. Good luck with all those forwards.

Injuries happen to forwards all the time. Depth there is a good thing.

Ilyasova and Gooden are capable of very good things, and Dalembert is a strong defensive center. Not to mention that they got a nice backcourt.

The Warriors ceiling could be higher if Bogut wasn't such an injury concern. Curry has been medically cleared I do believe, but from what I have heard, he could easily reinjure himself this year. I could be wrong about that though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

You do realize that only 3 of those 6 have played together right? Also, how many winning teams have they all been a part of? Sure, it looks good on paper but how often does it translate?

And I will Laughing . Our depth is just as good as your depth. Plus, our depth has more experience together. Wink

You act like the Bucks were bad last year. We are who we are. We beat the teams worse than us and lose to the teams that are better. That's proven by our record last year (22-5 vs sub .500 teams and 9-30 vs teams over .500). We are middle of the road and that's exactly where we should be placed in these rankings. 17th or 18th should be where we rank.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: