Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF 2012-2013 NBA Power Rankings: #20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team is the 20th Best in the NBA Right Now?
Atlanta Hawks
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Brooklyn Nets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chicago Bulls
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dallas Mavericks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Denver Nuggets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Golden State Warriors
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Los Angeles Clippers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Memphis Grizzlies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Milwaukee Bucks
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Minnesota Timberwolves
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New York Knicks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Philadelphia 76ers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Washington Wizards
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Call me crazy but I think we'll be fine without joe Johnson. Too many times he just killed our offensive tempo. Marvin Williams will be the harder player to replace IMO, he was so diverse in what he could do. If josh smith continues his improvement and Lou Williams can be a very good scorer, we might actually have a better team than last year

Your backcourt is ridiculously talented. You guys have a plethora of good shooters too.

With that said, I think you guys will be worse than last year. I just don't see you guys improving, especially when so many other teams improved in much more substantial ways.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a tie at top, and it's too close to call right now.

I think this will sort itself out by tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
And it doesn't matter if the Warriors are unproven. So were the Clippers heading into last season. If Curry and Bogut are healthy, the Warriors have one of the best PG-C foundations in the league.

First off, Chris Paul is light years ahead of Steph Curry as a point guard, and that isn't even remotely debatable. And I think the difference between Andrew Bogut and DeAndre Jordan are much closer than you realize.

Player A: 13.0 PPG, 11.4 FGA, .495 FG%, 11.3 RPG, 2.6 BPG
Player B: 9.7 PPG, 6.5 FGA, .632 FG%, 10.9 RPG, 2.7 BPG

Care to guess who each player is? Player A is Andrew Bogut from the 2010-11 season, his last "healthy" season. Player B is DeAndre Jordan. Those numbers are normalized to per 36 to help balance that Bogut averaged almost ten more minutes per game. So if DeAndre Jordan is shooting at a higher clip on less shots, rebounding at a similar rate, and blocking balls at a similar clip, why is Andrew Bogut so much better? And then the difference between Blake Griffin and David Lee doesn't even need to be mentioned. And then Chauncey Billups/Caron Butler > Klay Thompson/Harrison Barnes (right now) until we see Barnes play significant minutes in the NBA.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Darkness wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
And it doesn't matter if the Warriors are unproven. So were the Clippers heading into last season. If Curry and Bogut are healthy, the Warriors have one of the best PG-C foundations in the league.

Andrew Bogut, Jarrett Jack, Brandon Rush, Carl Landry, Festus Ezeli, and Kent Bazemore all play good defense. Before Curry went down last season, he looked much improved defensively as well. The Warriors have a far more balanced and talented team then the Bucks.
Bolded = bahahahahahahahaha

Getting Chris Paul and vets being "unproven" =/= getting Andrew Bogut and young guys being unproven. Hell of a comparison, it made me chuckle.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Ekpe Udoh, Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders, John Henson (potentially, seeing as you used Ezeli) all are defensive monsters. Not just "good" defense there, that's SECOND TO NONE defense.

We won't be balanced? Really? I suppose being the highest scoring team in the East goes for naught. Think

But yes, keep telling yourself whatever you want. Fact is, the Bucks are the better team heading into 2012-2013.

The Clippers were unproven as a team just like the Warriors are now. The Warriors aren't only getting Andrew Bogut, but Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry and Steph Curry back from injury. That's 4 proven vets. 2 being great starters, and the other 2 being great reserves. Not to mention lottery pick Harrison Barnes.

PG: Curry, Jack
SG: Thompson, Rush
SF: Barnes, Jefferson
PF: Lee, Landry
C: Bogut, Biedrins

How is it a fact that the Bucks are the better team?

Bogut is not what he once was though. He improves your team fo sho, but he's not All-Star/All-NBA material like he used to be.

Not that you said that though.

As far as defense and rebounding goes, Bogut is still a beast, which is all the Warriors need. Even if he doesn't get back to how he once was as a scoer, he's still a great passer and finsher around the rim on offense.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

First off, Chris Paul is light years ahead of Steph Curry as a point guard, and that isn't even remotely debatable. And I think the difference between Andrew Bogut and DeAndre Jordan are much closer than you realize.

Care to guess who each player is? Player A is Andrew Bogut from the 2010-11 season, his last "healthy" season. Player B is DeAndre Jordan. Those numbers are normalized to per 36 to help balance that Bogut averaged almost ten more minutes per game. So if DeAndre Jordan is shooting at a higher clip on less shots, rebounding at a similar rate, and blocking balls at a similar clip, why is Andrew Bogut so much better? And then the difference between Blake Griffin and David Lee doesn't even need to be mentioned. And then Chauncey Billups/Caron Butler > Klay Thompson/Harrison Barnes (right now) until we see Barnes play significant minutes in the NBA.

What's the point of this post when I wasn't comparing either team? Did I say Curry was as good as Paul? DeAndre Jordan wasn't a new acquisition for the Clippers last off-season either BTW.

Quote:
I bring up the Clippers because they obviously got better last off-season, and just because they were unproven as a team, didn't mean that you couldn't predict them to play well.

Last edited by Darkness on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

You can't just average them at 36 minutes each because Jordan would be a huge detriment to his team playing that many minutes, he has no offense whatsoever and is an atrocious free throw shooter. He simply is no where near good enough to play starter minutes so to throw those stats together is irrelevant IMO. Bogut is a borderline all-star and Jordan is basically a back-up big starting because their is no better option.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Darkness wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Andrew Bogut, Jarrett Jack, Brandon Rush, Carl Landry, Festus Ezeli, and Kent Bazemore all play good defense. Before Curry went down last season, he looked much improved defensively as well. The Warriors have a far more balanced and talented team then the Bucks.
Bolded = bahahahahahahahaha

Getting Chris Paul and vets being "unproven" =/= getting Andrew Bogut and young guys being unproven. Hell of a comparison, it made me chuckle.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Ekpe Udoh, Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders, John Henson (potentially, seeing as you used Ezeli) all are defensive monsters. Not just "good" defense there, that's SECOND TO NONE defense.

We won't be balanced? Really? I suppose being the highest scoring team in the East goes for naught. Think

But yes, keep telling yourself whatever you want. Fact is, the Bucks are the better team heading into 2012-2013.

The Clippers were unproven as a team just like the Warriors are now. The Warriors aren't only getting Andrew Bogut, but Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry and Steph Curry back from injury. That's 4 proven vets. 2 being great starters, and the other 2 being great reserves. Not to mention lottery pick Harrison Barnes.

PG: Curry, Jack
SG: Thompson, Rush
SF: Barnes, Jefferson
PF: Lee, Landry
C: Bogut, Biedrins

How is it a fact that the Bucks are the better team?

Bogut is not what he once was though. He improves your team fo sho, but he's not All-Star/All-NBA material like he used to be.

Not that you said that though.

As far as defense and rebounding goes, Bogut is still a beast, which is all the Warriors need. Even if he doesn't get back to how he once was as a scoer, he's still a great passer and finsher around the rim on offense.

We'll have to see about Bogut, because last year was probably too small of a sample size. His rebounding numbers were a bit lower, but you are right that he's still a good defensive player and will be able to pass the ball out.

It's kind of like how I feel about Chris Kaman. Because if Kaman is at full health, he's arguably a top 10 C in the league, but he is rarely ever 100%.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks it is.........much to my dismay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: