Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Atlanta Falcons vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think RG3 will,play sunday.
Quote:
UPDATE: RG3 believes he will pass the necessary tests over the next couple days and be ready to play next Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings , a team source told NFL Network's Michelle Beisner.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000078074/nfl-to-look-into-redskins-handling-of-rg3-injury-report/

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE: RG3 believes he will pass the necessary tests over the next couple days and be ready to play next Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings , a team source told NFL Network's Michelle Beisner.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000078074/nfl-to-look-into-redskins-handling-of-rg3-injury-report/

He said it himself earlier he believes he will play.
http://www.realredskins.com/.a/6a015432d86661970c017c326244ce970b-500wi

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Quote:

He said it himself earlier he believes he will play.
http://www.realredskins.com/.a/6a015432d86661970c017c326244ce970b-500wi

If he didn't know what quarter it was or what the score was I think it should be mandatory that he sit for at least a week.

it is DISTURBING that he would possibly be able to play and definitely get hit a week after a concussion. They should play it safe on this one and rest him
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious post below:

If RG3 can't go next week, and you are trying to win the game and not play for the future or draft picks... you unleash the dragon. Sorry Kirk.

- mike23md on the sig!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Serious post below:

If RG3 can't go next week, and you are trying to win the game and not play for the future or draft picks... you unleash the dragon. Sorry Kirk.

There's a reason he's the #2 QB though.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but I don't like it. Haven't since the start. I think Rex would give a better chance to win than Kirk at this point in time.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Rex or RG3 or Kirk doesnt matter look what our defense gives up every game about 24 points a game. We just are not a good team.
Truly, is this a surprise to anyone?

We are getting better as a team but we are very, very young and developing. We are patch work in some key positions with either players no one really wanted or an aging vet.

It should shock no one that we aren't quite there yet. Shanahan has let everyone know that this is a project that won't happen overnight. It's why he's on a 5 year contract and it's why Snyder is being patient for once and letting Shan-Allen build this team one step at a time.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will be the redskins folks. Have some patience, we'll get there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL talks about player safety. They need to do a better job dealing with concussions. A players long term health should be at a premium to the league and the team, not one single game or finishing a game. I'd like to see the league put their money where there mouth has been, and do something about this problem. I don't think Griffin should play this week and I don't think any player who has a concussion should be in the game the next week. The league needs to value the life of their employees better than they currently do.

As to the question on who to start is obvious to me. This team is a team of the future. Who's more of this teams future?

Cousins or Grossman?

The answer to that is obvious. You start Cousins, you showcase Cousins and a young qb with starting potential. In the offseason you shop cousins to teams needing a starting qb. You can evaluate the trades and determine if you want to make a trade if it's a good one or if it's better to keep Cousins as a back up.

This is the chance to showcase Cousins. Let's do it, it could benefit our future in getting draft picks if he plays well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading HH's write up it seems that getting pass happy with our play calling hurt us again towards the end of the game. Quite shocking that the shanahans put so much faith in their 4th round rookie qb. We had Morris who was on a role and having another strong game.

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2012-articles/october/kirk-cousins-enters-game-redskins-lose-and-world-economy-collapses.html

Quote:
Really, people? Not one handoff to Alfred Morris in that drive? The same Morris who averaged 6.4 yards per carry and made six first downs rushing?

With less than two minutes to go, not once did Washington hand off to their other Rookie of the Year candidate.

mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
From reading HH's write up it seems that getting pass happy with our play calling hurt us again towards the end of the game. Quite shocking that the shanahans put so much faith in their 4th round rookie qb. We had Morris who was on a role and having another strong game.

http://www.redskinshogheaven.com/2012-articles/october/kirk-cousins-enters-game-redskins-lose-and-world-economy-collapses.html

Quote:
Really, people? Not one handoff to Alfred Morris in that drive? The same Morris who averaged 6.4 yards per carry and made six first downs rushing?

With less than two minutes to go, not once did Washington hand off to their other Rookie of the Year candidate.

Let's be fair here, we have 2 Rookie of the Year Candidates.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"With less than two minutes to go, not once did Washington hand off to their other Rookie of the Year candidate."

Hmmmm....

I would also like to point out the Redskins ran only one play with under 2:00 to go.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
"With less than two minutes to go, not once did Washington hand off to their other Rookie of the Year candidate."

Hmmmm....

I would also like to point out the Redskins ran only one play with under 2:00 to go.
Is that because of Cousins' ints? Weren't they throwing the ball instead of giving the ball to their rookie of the year candidate some to open up the pass for Cousins, a 1st year player coming off the bench in his first ever game?
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Is that because of Cousins' ints? Weren't they throwing the ball instead of giving the ball to their rookie of the year candidate some to open up the pass for Cousins, a 1st year player coming off the bench in his first ever game?

Why would you run the ball when you're 69 and 80 yards away from the endzone at the start of each drive? On the first drive the team had about 2:39 left on the second 1:21. Both cases merited passing the ball instead of running the clock down.

I swear some of you blame the playcalling 99% of the time something goes wrong and your criticisms are merited about .5% of those times.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Why would you run the ball when you're 69 and 80 yards away from the endzone at the start of each drive? On the first drive the team had about 2:39 left on the second 1:21. Both cases merited passing the ball instead of running the clock down.

I swear some of you blame the playcalling 99% of the time something goes wrong and your criticisms are merited about .5% of those times.
I think we should mix it up. Balance works 99.5% of the time.

There is no question that Kyle is too pass happy. He was in Houston also. When he left the playcalling became more balanced and they kept their defense off the field more.

Until this team starts winning because of all parts involved with it, I'm and others are going to critique everything with it. We're fans, that's what we do bro! Wink
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I think we should mix it up. Balance works 99.5% of the time.

Not when there's little time left and all running the ball would accomplish is running out the clock. When you have barely over 2:00 minutes to go you need big passing plays. Running the ball will get you nowhere.

turtle28 wrote:
There is no question that Kyle is too pass happy. He was in Houston also. When he left the playcalling became more balanced and they kept their defense off the field more.

Yeah, instead of Schaub passing the ball 583 times, he passed it 574 times. Not exactly a huge difference. The emergence of the running game with the Texans had more to do with Arian Foster coming into his own than a change in offensive coordinators. When Kyle Shanahan was the offensive coordinator of the Texans, Steve freaking Slaton was their #1 running back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: