Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A blessing or curse in disguise?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: A blessing or curse in disguise? Reply with quote

With Nicks done for, this could very well be one or the other. This will show the new coaching staff if Freeman is capable of carrying an offense or not. Either way, this will help us fans and coaches determine what type of guy we have under center. Should be interesting to see what happens the rest of the way. #5 is REALLY going to have to step his game up but for the most part he doesn't face an elite defenses. A few stingy defenses but he can manage to hang in there if he plays like he has been doing the past month.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Carrying an offense or not"... with nobody standing in front of the opposing front seven.

I think this will have to do zero with whether Freeman can carry our team or not. He has shown he can produce and produce big when given the chance. Now having three of our five original starting five linemen out, can anyone really get mad if he isn't putting up the same type of numbers over the last three weeks? Can he really be judged if he can't "carry" our team?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't consider losing your two best linemen showing if the QB can "carry an offense" its just gonna suck having to run for your lfe... i consider having no ru game having to carry an offense.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
"Carrying an offense or not"... with nobody standing in front of the opposing front seven.

I think this will have to do zero with whether Freeman can carry our team or not. He has shown he can produce and produce big when given the chance. Now having three of our five original starting five linemen out, can anyone really get mad if he isn't putting up the same type of numbers over the last three weeks? Can he really be judged if he can't "carry" our team?

Nicks wasn't playing all 5 OL positions. It'll be a tougher transition but it's not the end of the world as a Bucs fan.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I don't consider losing your two best linemen showing if the QB can "carry an offense" its just gonna suck having to run for your lfe... i consider having no run game having to carry an offense.
And you do realize Nicks was the KEY to our running game right? Which means we won't be able to run the ball. There will no running game therefore, that's why I'm saying he will have to carry the offense. And "running for your life" is something Big Ben did and Jay Cutler have done before. We will get to see how he plays with these deficiencies.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we will get to see how he does with no running game and hardly enough time to finish his dropback. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're going to see a lot of quicker routes to get the ball out of Freeman's hands quicker to avoid. Josh freeman might have to revert back to 2010 and use those legs. I see a lot of rollouts and runs outside te tackles coming.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I think we're going to see a lot of quicker routes to get the ball out of Freeman's hands quicker to avoid. Josh freeman might have to revert back to 2010 and use those legs. I see a lot of rollouts and runs outside te tackles coming.

That's gonna suck. Free has proven to be much more accurate down field than he has with his short to intermediate passes.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

That's gonna suck. Free has proven to be much more accurate down field than he has with his short to intermediate passes.

Well he's gotta improve in those areas to be a successful qb. Those are the easier throws.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Well he's gotta improve in those areas to be a successful qb. Those are the easier throws.

Agreed. It's sink or swim.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Hopefully not out of the tackles, all our WR's will just get pushed out of bounds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Hopefully not out of the tackles, all our WR's will just get pushed out of bounds.

Laughing
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Freeman did a pretty good job out there today. Zuttah on the other hand was pretty awful.

#EmbraceTheSuck
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
I think Freeman did a pretty good job out there today. Zuttah on the other hand was pretty awful.

Jamon Merredith has been someone I've been extremely impressed with. He's been very good in run blocking and pass protection. I'd keep him down the line bc who knows how bad davin Joseph's patella tendon injury will affect him down the road.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

Jamon Merredith has been someone I've been extremely impressed with. He's been very good in run blocking and pass protection. I'd keep him down the line bc who knows how bad davin Joseph's patella tendon injury will affect him down the road.

It's crazy how every year we have a new guard step up and plays really well
Just hopefully he doesn't drop off like Larsen or Hardman (I forget what that dudes name was but I know it started with an H) I think it was Derrick Hardman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: