Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Injuries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Week 4 Injuries Reply with quote

Keo is fine

Caldwell is DTD with an ankle injury

Tate got a little shaken up

Demps broke his forearm and is out for a little bit

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tate is getting an xray

but loosing Demps could be huge especially against GB. I'd look for Harris to start to be active and for him to take GQ's spot in dime coverages and GQ taking Demps' spot

I'm a lil surprised/glad that Caldwell only sprained his ankle, that injury looked gruesome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Well Tate is getting an xray

but loosing Demps could be huge especially against GB. I'd look for Harris to start to be active and for him to take GQ's spot in dime coverages and GQ taking Demps' spot

I'm a lil surprised/glad that Caldwell only sprained his ankle, that injury looked gruesome

Ya Caldwell got rolled up bad.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect this forces a roster move this week to promote Eddie Pleasant from the PS with Carmichael the most likely to go unless we waste the returnable IR spot on Demps (which would be premature). Carmichael could easily slide though waivers and back to the PS so I'm betting he gets the axe. As much as it scares me, I'm betting Alan Ball becomes the de facto #3 safety with Demps out. It's just a crime that guy is on this roster instead of Troy Nolan, who wasn't my favorite, but is better than Ball.

As great as things have been for this defense thus far, is there any question that Brice McCain is the weak link? I'd venture to say that amongst the 10 longest pass plays from scrimmage, 7 have been on McCain who looks as slow and lost as he did in 2010 and simply has no ability to hang with a slot receiver man to man. He can probably hang against the Jets, but we need an answer before the Packers and Ravens come to town. I'm hoping the Demps injury at least puts Harris on the active roster with an opportunity to show what he can do. The Texans need to have a better depth option should anything happen to Joseph or Jackson as well, as McCain covering a #1 or #2 would be terrifying.

I'm telling you, if Phillips isn't going to ever be comfortable with Harris, Rick Smith needs to be exploring the trade market to make a move for a nickel. If Tracy Porter is still in JDRs doghouse in Denver, I'd be up for that or maybe the 0-4 Saints have seen enough of Patrick Robinson. Porter is a stretch and PR won't excite many, but considering McCain's physical limitations and backsliding play and that Harris can't even be activated over Shilo Keo, they have to be considered significant upgrades and I think they are over their heads as #2's but solid #3's. Of course, the Cowboys are still sitting with lame duck Mike Jenkins on their roster who hopefully gets torched a few times tonight. I guess the recently cut Jacque Reeves won't top any lists around here, huh?

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 4 Injuries Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Ouch, first his thumb...now his forearm? The same arm?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 4 Injuries Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Different arm. He has a cast on both arms. Ouch.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quintin-Demps-out-indefinitely-Ben-Tate-has-toe-injury/994d20c3-aa6a-4b0b-86f0-a304968c3740

This could be an opportunity for us to call up Eddie Pleasant from the practice squad.
That's one possibility. Another is moving Ball to play some safety (since he has experience playing safety with the Cowboys) and call up Brandon Harris on the active roster.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever we bring up, rather its Pleasant or a FA, I believe this is the end of the Trindon Holiday experiment and Forsett will take over.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far injuries haven't been hurting us. We might make a couple of little moves here and there to keep things moving, but overall I'm glad we haven't seen any big injuries.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Week 4 Injuries Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Different arm. He has a cast on both arms. Ouch.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quintin-Demps-out-indefinitely-Ben-Tate-has-toe-injury/994d20c3-aa6a-4b0b-86f0-a304968c3740

This could be an opportunity for us to call up Eddie Pleasant from the practice squad.
That's one possibility. Another is moving Ball to play some safety (since he has experience playing safety with the Cowboys) and call up Brandon Harris on the active roster.

Wish I had thought about this and posted it an hour and half before you did. People learn with a frequency of three, so maybe this will do the trick.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Tate has what speculation has suggested is turf toe. That means that ideally, he needs to sit for at least a couple of weeks.

Does anyone think there's any chance that the Texans throw a late round conditional pick at the Jets to bring Grimes back?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Does anyone think there's any chance that the Texans throw a late round conditional pick at the Jets to bring Grimes back?

Not at all; We still have Davin Meggett to rely on. We move Forsett up to the #2 spot and have Meggett play the #3/3rd down role. Yeah, Grimes was the better between he and Meggett, but why move a pick when you have someone there who can do the exact same thing we'd expect Grimes to do, which is to take garbage carries late in the game?

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:

Not at all; We still have Davin Meggett to rely on. We move Forsett up to the #2 spot and have Meggett play the #3/3rd down role. Yeah, Grimes was the better between he and Meggett, but why move a pick when you have someone there who can do the exact same thing we'd expect Grimes to do, which is to take garbage carries late in the game?

Because based on what I saw, Grimes could take on Tate's role, leap-frogging Forsett, and I would MUCH rather do that than move Forsett into the second runningback spot and rely on Meggett, who couldn't get carries in the preseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: