Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Titans(1-3) @ Vikings(3-1) 11/7 4:25PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Titans
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Vikings
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not down on Hasselbeck as majority of the forum is, I do admit that it seems his play has been on a steady decline since the start of last year.

I was going to be fine with either QB starting to tell you the truth. I prefered Locker only beause of my own bias of liking him more.

My confidence that Hasselbeck can win us a game is strong enough. I just don't have confidence in the rest of the team to pull their weight.
Matt isn't good enough to win a game on his own consistently but he can be part of the solution. He needs a running game, WRs that make plays, a defense that can consistently stop someone.

Right now we don't have much of any of that going on.

Saying that, I still believe we can win. While the Vikings 49ers victory was impressive, they have only beat the Jags and the Lions who we would have beat 'more soundly' if not for late abnormal plays.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Well, I don't even know what to say to that without insulting your intelligence, so I'll just leave it at this.

No, you wouldn't.

Maybe I just dont realize how poor Hasselbeck is, but it seems like most acknowledge that he gets the ball out quickly and doesnt take many sacks. Given that Locker is still a young QB that has struggled on the road, I would actually take my chances with him given the game is in MN. Maybe I am just living in the past in regards to Hasselbeck, but he has always been deadly underneath and gets the ball out quickly. That type of offense is what effectively works against the Vikings. Airing it out has largely been ineffective against MN this year because of the pass rush and bend-dont-break mentality.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Why do you say that? Are we not allowed to have confidence in our team given the game is in Minnesota, an environment that can be hellish for road teams. Given how poorly the Titans defense and running game has been this year and how much hate Matt Hasselbeck seems to be receiving, there isnt a heck of a lot going for the Titans in this game. The Titans saving grace is that MN seems to let teams stick around in game and they havent really developed a downfield passing game. You can do better than calling us "cocky", let's discuss the game! Its more meaningful.

I actually seem to have more faith in Hasselbeck and Johnson that Titan fans seem to Laughing Id rather face Locker frankly.

I don't know. I wouldn't be too excited about my offense scoring only 6 points last week against a trashy Lions defense, but I figure I'd end up being pleasantly surprised at 4:00 on Sunday after realizing that there's a reason the Titans can't hold anyone to under 40 points.

Hasselbeck can't throw anymore. Don't believe me? Go watch the Colts game from week 15 last year or the Texans game from last week. Or wait until Sunday.

The offense did sputter, but I think that is just the way the Vikes generally play with the lead. They had a pretty good lead all game against Detroit due to the defense playing great and the two special teams scores. MN played very conservative against Detroit as MN was basically sitting on the lead for most of the game. In a closer game where there was a bit more pressure (see 49er/Jags games), the Vikes offense showed a bit more life and was able to move the ball. The Vikings leaned heavily on Peterson agaisnt Detroit because MN was getting solid chunks of yards on the ground, though it didnt yield Tds. The Colts game was just plain ugly in terms of stupid penalties given up. It was one of those games that shouldnt have ended the way it did relative to how many times the Vikes decided to shoot themselves in the foot at crucial moments.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a pretty fun game! Ponder has improved alot since last year and AP seems like the old AP.

Hopefully it will be CJ vs AP. Kinda like that game vs the jags were MJD n CJ were just going at it. long run after long run haha. that game was great.

Look for our pass D to shut down these WRs on the outside. by far the weakest group we have played. IMO.

Titans win a close one. IF! Cook and britt n Pimp C play. If not we stay close but AP wears our D down late and we end up losing by 17! Laughing

Im pretty amped for this game. Sucks about locker but Im just glad were not playing a playoff team from last year or a team we haven't beating in like 20 years Laughing Vikings are a solid team and will sneak into the playoffs this year ( Yeah I said it.) but damn those 1st 4 games were rough lol.
Same time as Mike Vicks new dog grooming show.

Justin Hunter #FTW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Viking country i need this win bad or ill have to call into work for 2 weeks
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here for Leah Remini as an Oktoberfest Girl
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Maybe I just dont realize how poor Hasselbeck is, but it seems like most acknowledge that he gets the ball out quickly and doesnt take many sacks. Given that Locker is still a young QB that has struggled on the road, I would actually take my chances with him given the game is in MN. Maybe I am just living in the past in regards to Hasselbeck, but he has always been deadly underneath and gets the ball out quickly. That type of offense is what effectively works against the Vikings. Airing it out has largely been ineffective against MN this year because of the pass rush and bend-dont-break mentality.

In 117 dropbacks, Jake Locker has taken 3 sacks.

In 41 dropbacks, Matt Hasselbeck has taken 3 sacks.

Hasselbeck's field vision at this point is literally between the tackles 0-6 yards from the line of scrimmage or CJ in the flats. There's being deadly underneath and there's exclusively going underneath to a point that you don't even have a chance of moving the chains on offense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

In 117 dropbacks, Jake Locker has taken 3 sacks.

In 41 dropbacks, Matt Hasselbeck has taken 3 sacks.

Hasselbeck's field vision at this point is literally between the tackles 0-6 yards from the line of scrimmage or CJ in the flats. There's being deadly underneath and there's exclusively going underneath to a point that you don't even have a chance of moving the chains on offense.

Ahh, see i originally expected Hasselbeck to be more prone to sacks than Locker since Locker is more mobile, but i was reminded that he gets the ball out quickly. So I guess I dont know what to believe. Laughing

The Vikes do have 12 sacks on the year (7th in the league i believe), and 5 guys do have atleast 2 sacks so they are able to get a pass rush outside of Jared Allen.

The Vikes blitzed quite often against the Colts, Jags and 49ers and blitzed less than 10% of the time against Detroit, a pass heavy team. I expect the Vikes to dial up the blitz as they did prior to the Detroit game.
canadian titan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ( i hope ) this turns out a win for the titans as i will be attending the game. 8 years ago i felt like the only titans fan there and i think this year will be the same. If they do lose i will go down in a blaze. I feel that if the titans get some injured guys back they can win this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the Vikings are 3-1, don't let the record fool you. We still have plenty of work to do. We have yet to hit on all cylinders (allthough week 3 we were pretty damn close imo)

I'm not going to sleep on the Titans. All I'm hearing is about how this team is bottom 5, don't stand a chance but I don't buy it. As a Vikings fan, I know how it feels when everyone is against you. They look at this team like they are insignificant.

But thats simply not true. Any given week, any given day, any given play, a team can win. Sometimes its just who wants it more. I've spoken very lowly of Chris Johnson. I don't care much for Matt Hasselbeck, and I see some clear holes on this Titans team, but don't think for a sec that I'll guarentee a Vikings win.

I'm rooting for Minnesota 100%, but I know not to underestimate my opponent. You guys have just as much a shot to win this game as we do.

Good luck fellas. Enjoy the game. I hope its a great one!

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Even though the Vikings are 3-1, don't let the record fool you. We still have plenty of work to do. We have yet to hit on all cylinders (allthough week 3 we were pretty damn close imo)

I'm not going to sleep on the Titans. All I'm hearing is about how this team is bottom 5, don't stand a chance but I don't buy it. As a Vikings fan, I know how it feels when everyone is against you. They look at this team like they are insignificant.

But thats simply not true. Any given week, any given day, any given play, a team can win. Sometimes its just who wants it more. I've spoken very lowly of Chris Johnson. I don't care much for Matt Hasselbeck, and I see some clear holes on this Titans team, but don't think for a sec that I'll guarentee a Vikings win.

I'm rooting for Minnesota 100%, but I know not to underestimate my opponent. You guys have just as much a shot to win this game as we do.

Your name confuses me... Smile

But yeah...NFL is week to week. I'm sure nobody thought the Vikings would beat the 49ers but yet, here we are.

I'm looking for a competitive game, hoping for a win. Smile
Finnerception

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

With Jake Locker, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, and Colin McCarthy injured we're bottom 1.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Your name confuses me... Smile

But yeah...NFL is week to week. I'm sure nobody thought the Vikings would beat the 49ers but yet, here we are.

I'm looking for a competitive game, hoping for a win. Smile

I'll break it down:

Steel: Steelers
King: Vikings
7: Ben Roethlisberger
28: Adrian Peterson.

I live in Pittsburgh, but started watching/liking both teams around 04 when I was like 12, 13. At the time, Ben and Adrian were my favorite players in the league.

oh, and I don't see this Titans team being "Bottom 1". I see a couple teams fighting hard for that spot, and the Titans aren't in it. Laughing

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and since we are on the topic, seems like alot of guys here have user names relating to former Titans players. Namely, Vince Young and Corteland Finnegan.

and that is why I didn't directly use a players name in my username. If something bad happens, where they get cut/traded/career ending injury, it makes you look silly.

just sayin. Wink

s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
and since we are on the topic, seems like alot of guys here have user names relating to former Titans players. Namely, Vince Young and Corteland Finnegan.

and that is why I didn't directly use a players name in my username. If something bad happens, where they get cut/traded/career ending injury, it makes you look silly.

just sayin. Wink

Let's be honest, a username based on Vince Young was silly long before he was cut/traded/didn't get picked up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: