Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Titans(1-3) @ Vikings(3-1) 11/7 4:25PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Titans
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Vikings
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author Message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6917
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have found it.....Quinn Johnson

LSU won in 2007, won 2A high school championship

http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Quinn-Johnson/b51bc4df-eeed-4ea0-91ac-f8d513ed3db5
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titansfan


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 7402
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Jake Locker is starting to lose some confidence from me. He sees his team is practically at rock bottom, mostly because of our inept backup QB, and he's not gonna play through the pain?

I guess the days of people like McNair and Favre, who'd play through anything to help their team, is gone.

And I don't even want to hear "we're 1-4. no reason to risk him". We started 1-4 back in 02 as well, and we weren't even coming off a successful season. In 2001 we went 7-9. Last year we were 9-7.


Yeah let's throw him in during a lost cause and really ruin his career though injury.
_________________


Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3383
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Jake Locker is starting to lose some confidence from me. He sees his team is practically at rock bottom, mostly because of our inept backup QB, and he's not gonna play through the pain?

I guess the days of people like McNair and Favre, who'd play through anything to help their team, is gone.

And I don't even want to hear "we're 1-4. no reason to risk him". We started 1-4 back in 02 as well, and we weren't even coming off a successful season. In 2001 we went 7-9. Last year we were 9-7.


Yeah let's throw him in during a lost cause and really ruin his career though injury.


The exact excuse that I expected. What a joke. We're 1-4. Not 1-15. McNair would suit up and try and right the ship. I expect the exact same from Locker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titansfan


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 7402
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Jake Locker is starting to lose some confidence from me. He sees his team is practically at rock bottom, mostly because of our inept backup QB, and he's not gonna play through the pain?

I guess the days of people like McNair and Favre, who'd play through anything to help their team, is gone.

And I don't even want to hear "we're 1-4. no reason to risk him". We started 1-4 back in 02 as well, and we weren't even coming off a successful season. In 2001 we went 7-9. Last year we were 9-7.


Yeah let's throw him in during a lost cause and really ruin his career though injury.


The exact excuse that I expected. What a joke. We're 1-4. Not 1-15. McNair would suit up and try and right the ship. I expect the exact same from Locker.


We're 1-4 but that doesn't even begin to tell half the story. We have been absolutely destroyed in four of those games and the other was a complete fluke and a game we still tried our best to lose in. Even with Locker in for the rest of the year I just cannot see this team winning more than four games. They are pathetic.

Believe me, I want nothing more than to see Locker play every week because I cannot take seeing Hasselbeck out there anymore. Locker was the biggest thing to look forward to this season for me. To make matters worse the Titans are being televised live over here for the first time this season on Thursday night and I have to sit up until 5am to see Matt Hasselbeck repeatedly throw it a maximum of three yards down field.

Of course I want to see Locker in but not if it's going to continually hamper his career in the long run.
_________________


Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Jake Locker is starting to lose some confidence from me. He sees his team is practically at rock bottom, mostly because of our inept backup QB, and he's not gonna play through the pain?

I guess the days of people like McNair and Favre, who'd play through anything to help their team, is gone.

And I don't even want to hear "we're 1-4. no reason to risk him". We started 1-4 back in 02 as well, and we weren't even coming off a successful season. In 2001 we went 7-9. Last year we were 9-7.


Yeah let's throw him in during a lost cause and really ruin his career though injury.


The exact excuse that I expected. What a joke. We're 1-4. Not 1-15. McNair would suit up and try and right the ship. I expect the exact same from Locker.


We're 1-4 but that doesn't even begin to tell half the story. We have been absolutely destroyed in four of those games and the other was a complete fluke and a game we still tried our best to lose in. Even with Locker in for the rest of the year I just cannot see this team winning more than four games. They are pathetic.

Believe me, I want nothing more than to see Locker play every week because I cannot take seeing Hasselbeck out there anymore. Locker was the biggest thing to look forward to this season for me. To make matters worse the Titans are being televised live over here for the first time this season on Thursday night and I have to sit up until 5am to see Matt Hasselbeck repeatedly throw it a maximum of three yards down field.

Of course I want to see Locker in but not if it's going to continually hamper his career in the long run.


Dude separated his shoulder...twice...in a month. It's not like we are in a playoff race or anything and one more hit to that shoulder and he's gone for a long long while. Just give him a break, there are way worse things we need to worry about. How about the line that gave up the the clean hit to separate his shoulder? Or the historically bad defense. It's not worth it to ruin Locker's career/season over getting killed by the steelers. You think James Harrison is gonna hold up from going for that shoulder if he plays?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titansfan


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 7402
Location: England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Jake Locker is starting to lose some confidence from me. He sees his team is practically at rock bottom, mostly because of our inept backup QB, and he's not gonna play through the pain?

I guess the days of people like McNair and Favre, who'd play through anything to help their team, is gone.

And I don't even want to hear "we're 1-4. no reason to risk him". We started 1-4 back in 02 as well, and we weren't even coming off a successful season. In 2001 we went 7-9. Last year we were 9-7.


Yeah let's throw him in during a lost cause and really ruin his career though injury.


The exact excuse that I expected. What a joke. We're 1-4. Not 1-15. McNair would suit up and try and right the ship. I expect the exact same from Locker.


We're 1-4 but that doesn't even begin to tell half the story. We have been absolutely destroyed in four of those games and the other was a complete fluke and a game we still tried our best to lose in. Even with Locker in for the rest of the year I just cannot see this team winning more than four games. They are pathetic.

Believe me, I want nothing more than to see Locker play every week because I cannot take seeing Hasselbeck out there anymore. Locker was the biggest thing to look forward to this season for me. To make matters worse the Titans are being televised live over here for the first time this season on Thursday night and I have to sit up until 5am to see Matt Hasselbeck repeatedly throw it a maximum of three yards down field.

Of course I want to see Locker in but not if it's going to continually hamper his career in the long run.


Dude separated his shoulder...twice...in a month. It's not like we are in a playoff race or anything and one more hit to that shoulder and he's gone for a long long while. Just give him a break, there are way worse things we need to worry about. How about the line that gave up the the clean hit to separate his shoulder? Or the historically bad defense. It's not worth it to ruin Locker's career/season over getting killed by the steelers. You think James Harrison is gonna hold up from going for that shoulder if he plays?


Thank you. At least we see it through the same light. It just isn't worth risking him long term for a season that is a lost cause. You might not thing it TL and i wish you were right but the players and coaches aren't doing much to disprove me theory.
_________________


Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 5704
Location: T.G.I.F (Thank God Im Fresh)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Might have found it.....Quinn Johnson

LSU won in 2007, won 2A high school championship

http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster/Quinn-Johnson/b51bc4df-eeed-4ea0-91ac-f8d513ed3db5
But it was the 2nd ranked team. LSU won so aka they would be 1st right?


either way Im having no luck!

Edit::
I looked and they were number 2 coming in so maybe your right!
_________________

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1. Nate "The Great" Washington
2. Michael Preston
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
UTMoc10


Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2508
Location: Lakeland, Fl
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
VinceYoung1010 wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Jake Locker is starting to lose some confidence from me. He sees his team is practically at rock bottom, mostly because of our inept backup QB, and he's not gonna play through the pain?

I guess the days of people like McNair and Favre, who'd play through anything to help their team, is gone.

And I don't even want to hear "we're 1-4. no reason to risk him". We started 1-4 back in 02 as well, and we weren't even coming off a successful season. In 2001 we went 7-9. Last year we were 9-7.


Yeah let's throw him in during a lost cause and really ruin his career though injury.


The exact excuse that I expected. What a joke. We're 1-4. Not 1-15. McNair would suit up and try and right the ship. I expect the exact same from Locker.


We're 1-4 but that doesn't even begin to tell half the story. We have been absolutely destroyed in four of those games and the other was a complete fluke and a game we still tried our best to lose in. Even with Locker in for the rest of the year I just cannot see this team winning more than four games. They are pathetic.

Believe me, I want nothing more than to see Locker play every week because I cannot take seeing Hasselbeck out there anymore. Locker was the biggest thing to look forward to this season for me. To make matters worse the Titans are being televised live over here for the first time this season on Thursday night and I have to sit up until 5am to see Matt Hasselbeck repeatedly throw it a maximum of three yards down field.

Of course I want to see Locker in but not if it's going to continually hamper his career in the long run.


Dude separated his shoulder...twice...in a month. It's not like we are in a playoff race or anything and one more hit to that shoulder and he's gone for a long long while. Just give him a break, there are way worse things we need to worry about. How about the line that gave up the the clean hit to separate his shoulder? Or the historically bad defense. It's not worth it to ruin Locker's career/season over getting killed by the steelers. You think James Harrison is gonna hold up from going for that shoulder if he plays?


Thank you. At least we see it through the same light. It just isn't worth risking him long term for a season that is a lost cause. You might not thing it TL and i wish you were right but the players and coaches aren't doing much to disprove me theory.


The whole "Locker needs to suit up" argument is stupid. Do you really want to risk his season/career for one game? He dislocated it TWICE in a month. That's not a good thing. If it was a rib issue you put extra padding in there. If it's an ankle you play through. The shoulder is complicated. If he pops it out for the 3rd time in a month it'll get worse and he'll likely have to get surgery and the whole year will be lost.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan
Kendall Wright
Damian Stafford
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One site suggested it was Damian Williams, if you wanna check that, lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 6917
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
One site suggested it was Damian Williams, if you wanna check that, lol.


He meets the high school requirement, but USC was only rated #5 in the rose bowl, but maybe it's a case of overrating your own school. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Rose_Bowl
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they were at one point as high as #2?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 26058
Location: Props to Smack on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that posters (maybe not many but a few) are trying to blame Locker for not playing through this and bringing up the inevitable comparison to Steve McNair.

People may not want to talk about it, but maybe Jeff should have stepped up and made Steve sit out a few more times.

I loved Steve, hell I still do, but the guy was plagued by injury after injury throughout his career, and I have to believe some of that came from the fact that he was trying to compensate for his current injury which led to even more of them.

The guy was a warrior. A leader. He loved the team and the fans loved him. But do I want Jake to have to deal with the amount of injuries that he did every single year or would I rest him when he separates his shoulder for the second time in a month regardless of whether or not he was begging to suit up? Rest him every time.

If we believe he is the future of this franchise, we want to make sure he is healthy. The last thing you want to see is him trying to protect his shoulder and injuring his throwing arm or an ankle or a knee or one of the dozen of other ailments that Steve suffered through. McNair never truly developed into the consistently elite quarterback that many of us thought he would be, and I would argue that much of that comes from the warrior mentality that prevented him from almost never being at 100%.
_________________

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3383
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I hate that posters (maybe not many but a few) are trying to blame Locker for not playing through this and bringing up the inevitable comparison to Steve McNair.

People may not want to talk about it, but maybe Jeff should have stepped up and made Steve sit out a few more times.

I loved Steve, hell I still do, but the guy was plagued by injury after injury throughout his career, and I have to believe some of that came from the fact that he was trying to compensate for his current injury which led to even more of them.

The guy was a warrior. A leader. He loved the team and the fans loved him. But do I want Jake to have to deal with the amount of injuries that he did every single year or would I rest him when he separates his shoulder for the second time in a month regardless of whether or not he was begging to suit up? Rest him every time.

If we believe he is the future of this franchise, we want to make sure he is healthy. The last thing you want to see is him trying to protect his shoulder and injuring his throwing arm or an ankle or a knee or one of the dozen of other ailments that Steve suffered through. McNair never truly developed into the consistently elite quarterback that many of us thought he would be, and I would argue that much of that comes from the warrior mentality that prevented him from almost never being at 100%.


McNair was simply an injury prone player. If he didn't play through his injuries, he wouldn't have had a career. It had nothing to do with "he should have sat more". He was just extremely brittle. He quite literally had injuries from head to toe.

This isn't just some period where we're .500 or just a game out of first place in our division. Our season is headed straight down the [inappropriate/removed], and the biggest reason for that, the past two weeks anyway, is the play of our backup QB. As much as I love Hass and what he did last year for us and what he's done to help mentor Jake, he's complete trash now.

It's a losers mentality to think "well we'll just wait til next year", and people going around "Oh, I want the entire coaching staff fired", use this mentality? What a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Finnerception


Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 12960
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't someone post how Munchak said the Titans blitz, but the Vikings scored a touchdown when they did?

According to PFF:

Quote:
Christian Ponder had a QB Rating of 102.2 when there was no pressure, but was down to 38.5 when there was pressure. It was a good thing for the Vikings he was only pressured on seven of his 39 dropbacks.


This whole coaching staff needs to just get out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2738
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Didn't someone post how Munchak said the Titans blitz, but the Vikings scored a touchdown when they did?

According to PFF:

Quote:
Christian Ponder had a QB Rating of 102.2 when there was no pressure, but was down to 38.5 when there was pressure. It was a good thing for the Vikings he was only pressured on seven of his 39 dropbacks.


This whole coaching staff needs to just get out.


I'd be interested in seeing this breakdown for all the QBs we've faced so far. Last year too, for that matter. Anybody know where these stats can be found?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group