Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Reggie Walker The Future At ILB?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Is Reggie Walker The Future At ILB? Reply with quote

I was doing a little roster checking and when looking through things, I was reminded that Paris Lenon is an UFA this offseason. Now, I'm sure with how well he's played and how much Ray Horton loves him that he'll be back next season but at 35 years of age (He'll turn 35 next month), there's only so much time left on his football life clock. We're going to have to turn to someone else within the next 2 years MAXIMUM and it got me to wondering, could the person we turn to be Reggie Walker? He gets a good amount of defensive snaps right now and he's played pretty well in those snaps too. He's clearly trusted by Ray Horton, he's CLEARLY ahead of Stewart Bradley at this point so I ask, is Reggie Walker a future starting ILB for the Arizona Cardinals?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7209
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Walker certainly gets a shot if not completely replacing him. He is under contract, he has played well and like you said, the staff likes him. I would not be opposed to him getting more time to showcase what he can do.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50725
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest thing to then think about is who is going to call the defensive plays, a job currently done by Lenon and not taken over by Washingtin if Lenon leaves the field.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Biggest thing to then think about is who is going to call the defensive plays, a job currently done by Lenon and not taken over by Washingtin if Lenon leaves the field.


I THINK Walker calls them when Lenon leaves the field now. I'll have to ask.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3118
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.


The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3118
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.


The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?


Why can't it be both. They seem to like to rotate between 3 ILB why not draft a guy this year to replace Bradly as the 4th string and let him learn behind Lenon for a season.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think Reggie is a career backup. The Cardinals either draft lenons replacement or hit free agency. I would like to see Stewart Bradley get a chance but I guess that isn't going to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.


The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?


Why can't it be both. They seem to like to rotate between 3 ILB why not draft a guy this year to replace Bradly as the 4th string and let him learn behind Lenon for a season.


Well, our rotation now still has Lenon playing over 80% of our snaps and my thoughts on the ILBs were for guys in rounds 1 and 2.

A 1st or 2nd round pick playing 10 snaps a game for the next decade is....less than ideal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 3118
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.


The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?


Why can't it be both. They seem to like to rotate between 3 ILB why not draft a guy this year to replace Bradly as the 4th string and let him learn behind Lenon for a season.


Well, our rotation now still has Lenon playing over 80% of our snaps and my thoughts on the ILBs were for guys in rounds 1 and 2.

A 1st or 2nd round pick playing 10 snaps a game for the next decade is....less than ideal.


So who do you like at ILB in round 1 or 2. Got to think we will be to high to get Manti Te'o
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5055
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddick from NC or Jones from FSU, both should be there mid 2nd

Both have size, speed to play ILB in a 3-4.

I have slight man crush on anything FSU.

Teo would be good, dont want to waste a 1st on him though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.


The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?


Why can't it be both. They seem to like to rotate between 3 ILB why not draft a guy this year to replace Bradly as the 4th string and let him learn behind Lenon for a season.


Well, our rotation now still has Lenon playing over 80% of our snaps and my thoughts on the ILBs were for guys in rounds 1 and 2.

A 1st or 2nd round pick playing 10 snaps a game for the next decade is....less than ideal.


So who do you like at ILB in round 1 or 2. Got to think we will be to high to get Manti Te'o


Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5055
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent seen many georgia games, only the one so far, and he didnt stand out to me.

would he be there in round 2?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
havent seen many georgia games, only the one so far, and he didnt stand out to me.

would he be there in round 2?


He just got off suspension this past week and was an animal. 15 tackles, 8 solo, 2 PDs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5055
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence why i didnt see him early in the year.

ok, i will watch more intently with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group