Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Reggie Walker The Future At ILB?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Is Reggie Walker The Future At ILB? Reply with quote

I was doing a little roster checking and when looking through things, I was reminded that Paris Lenon is an UFA this offseason. Now, I'm sure with how well he's played and how much Ray Horton loves him that he'll be back next season but at 35 years of age (He'll turn 35 next month), there's only so much time left on his football life clock. We're going to have to turn to someone else within the next 2 years MAXIMUM and it got me to wondering, could the person we turn to be Reggie Walker? He gets a good amount of defensive snaps right now and he's played pretty well in those snaps too. He's clearly trusted by Ray Horton, he's CLEARLY ahead of Stewart Bradley at this point so I ask, is Reggie Walker a future starting ILB for the Arizona Cardinals?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Walker certainly gets a shot if not completely replacing him. He is under contract, he has played well and like you said, the staff likes him. I would not be opposed to him getting more time to showcase what he can do.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest thing to then think about is who is going to call the defensive plays, a job currently done by Lenon and not taken over by Washingtin if Lenon leaves the field.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Biggest thing to then think about is who is going to call the defensive plays, a job currently done by Lenon and not taken over by Washingtin if Lenon leaves the field.

I THINK Walker calls them when Lenon leaves the field now. I'll have to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
Its either Reggie Walker or some draft pick. I would not mind either one. Reggie Walker has looked good to me. Got to think with Lenon at 35 soon they will be looking for another young guy any ways.

The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

The bolded is why I bring this up. There's a lot of good looking ILBs this year. Do we go draft or do we go Walker?

Why can't it be both. They seem to like to rotate between 3 ILB why not draft a guy this year to replace Bradly as the 4th string and let him learn behind Lenon for a season.

#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think Reggie is a career backup. The Cardinals either draft lenons replacement or hit free agency. I would like to see Stewart Bradley get a chance but I guess that isn't going to happen.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Why can't it be both. They seem to like to rotate between 3 ILB why not draft a guy this year to replace Bradly as the 4th string and let him learn behind Lenon for a season.

Well, our rotation now still has Lenon playing over 80% of our snaps and my thoughts on the ILBs were for guys in rounds 1 and 2.

A 1st or 2nd round pick playing 10 snaps a game for the next decade is....less than ideal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Well, our rotation now still has Lenon playing over 80% of our snaps and my thoughts on the ILBs were for guys in rounds 1 and 2.

A 1st or 2nd round pick playing 10 snaps a game for the next decade is....less than ideal.

So who do you like at ILB in round 1 or 2. Got to think we will be to high to get Manti Te'o

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddick from NC or Jones from FSU, both should be there mid 2nd

Both have size, speed to play ILB in a 3-4.

I have slight man crush on anything FSU.

Teo would be good, dont want to waste a 1st on him though.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

So who do you like at ILB in round 1 or 2. Got to think we will be to high to get Manti Te'o

Alec Ogletree, ILB Georgia.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent seen many georgia games, only the one so far, and he didnt stand out to me.

would he be there in round 2?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
havent seen many georgia games, only the one so far, and he didnt stand out to me.

would he be there in round 2?

He just got off suspension this past week and was an animal. 15 tackles, 8 solo, 2 PDs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence why i didnt see him early in the year.

ok, i will watch more intently with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: