Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Bray
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiefsRock420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Tyler Bray Reply with quote

Hey everyone, chiefs fan here and I started this thread to discuss what you like/dislike about Tennessee's QB Tyler Bray.
From what I have seen this year I am very impressed by his ability to get the ball out quick, he also seems to have a strong arm. Honestly I have Geno Smith and Tyler Bray over Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, and Logan Thomas. I feel that there upside is much better than the others.

I know that Matt Cassel hasn't completely failed while with the chiefs but he has shown that he can't always get that big win, his accuracy is not all there, and he can be a poor decision maker at times. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Cassel hater but I feel that it's time to move on and take a quarterback in next years draft.

What are your thoughts on Tyler Bray?
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyler Bray Reply with quote

ChiefsRock420 wrote:
Hey everyone, chiefs fan here and I started this thread to discuss what you like/dislike about Tennessee's QB Tyler Bray.
From what I have seen this year I am very impressed by his ability to get the ball out quick, he also seems to have a strong arm. Honestly I have Geno Smith and Tyler Bray over Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, and Logan Thomas. I feel that there upside is much better than the others.

I know that Matt Cassel hasn't completely failed while with the chiefs but he has shown that he can't always get that big win, his accuracy is not all there, and he can be a poor decision maker at times. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Cassel hater but I feel that it's time to move on and take a quarterback in next years draft.

What are your thoughts on Tyler Bray?

Would you want to use a high draft pick on a QB (1-2)?

PSN: bench515lbs
ChiefsRock420

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope th chiefs draft a QB in the 1st round
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like Bray. Think he's a top 5 pick in the draft and probably the 2nd best QB available.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiefsRock420 wrote:
I hope th chiefs draft a QB in the 1st round

Tyler Wilson.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your typical boom or bust pick. Probably the riskiest on te draft not named Logan Thomas. Lacks intangibles erratic accuracy looks lost at times and does his typical jay cutler hang your head in disgust when down.

Questionable leadership ability as well. But hey he's got a cannon for an arm though so I guess that makes him a top 10 pick? Lol.

He needs to stay another year.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Your typical boom or bust pick. Probably the riskiest on te draft not named Logan Thomas. Lacks intangibles erratic accuracy looks lost at times and does his typical jay cutler hang your head in disgust when down.

Questionable leadership ability as well. But hey he's got a cannon for an arm though so I guess that makes him a top 10 pick? Lol.

He needs to stay another year.

I agree, he seems to have really high highs, and really low lows

PSN: bench515lbs
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So your saying he is a woman?

Seriously though, I think he is a huge boom/bust pick. His cannon and mental makeup sort of paint him as the next Derek Anderson. But, I think he has the potential to be alot like this other guy that wears his emotions on his sleve and has a cannon, Philip Rivers. He would be far more raw that Rivers coming out of college, but I think that is his ceiling.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Mallett sans the coke but with this on his back instead. http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/tyler_brays_back_tattoo_shirt_exists_and_it_is_amazing/11714335

Seriously though. He's got a cannon for an arm, but is pretty inaccurate, especially considering the talent he has at Wide Receiver. He's tall, but needs to but on weight. He reminds me a lot of Mallett at Arkansas.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Seriously though, I think he is a huge boom/bust pick. His cannon and mental makeup sort of paint him as the next Derek Anderson. But, I think he has the potential to be alot like this other guy that wears his emotions on his sleve and has a cannon, Philip Rivers. He would be far more raw that Rivers coming out of college, but I think that is his ceiling.

I was thinking more along the lines of Jay Cutler.

That's exactly who Bray reminds me of.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

That's exactly who Bray reminds me of.

I think you guys make good comparisons with Rivers and Cutler. Bray strikes me as a combination of both.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Agreed, I was just trying to be creative. IMO, Bray is not as nearly as bad as Cutler is. He is immature, certainly, but I think Cutler at 29 is more immature than Bray at 20. I also dont see Bray as mobile as Cutler, and I think he will develop into a better decision maker (Although I would still consiter Bray a gunslinger)
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Bray a lot. I think that he reminds me a lot of Phillips Rivers. I've said that
since the first day I've seen him play. Now that you mention it, he kind reminds
me of Culter too. I like those comparisons. I really would Like to see what Jrry's
thoughts on Bray are. I really like reading what his thoughts on prospects are,
because more times than not, they're really accurate and insightful.

Jamison.'s Gallery
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand what everyone sees in Bray besides the big frame and big arm. I'd probably take 6 qb s in this draft over him. Easily and without hesitation.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Ryan Mallett sans the coke but with this on his back instead. http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/tyler_brays_back_tattoo_shirt_exists_and_it_is_amazing/11714335

Seriously though. He's got a cannon for an arm, but is pretty inaccurate, especially considering the talent he has at Wide Receiver. He's tall, but needs to but on weight. He reminds me a lot of Mallett at Arkansas.

I'd say Mallett is a great comparison although his accuracy this year hasn't been as good as Mallett's his final year in college.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: