Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you look for "The one"?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gobrowns1


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5971
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Do you look for "The one"? Reply with quote

What do you guys think about the idea that there is one person out there for you?

I have a friend who is extremely picky and refuses to ever date someone just for the sake of dating them. He says that most girls he has met don't fit his criteria of the one, so he doesn't want to waste his time trying to make something happen with girls he considers imperfect.

It's very strange to me since personally I have gave up the idea in my teenage years.Mainly because I have a hard time accepting that there is one person out there that will meet all your standards. Most girls seem perfect in the beginning of the relationship and slowly but surely red flags appear.

Where do you guys stand?
_________________
Trade Johnny Finger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21510
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 7 billion people in the world ... Ill settle for good enough

If she makes me happy, that's all that matters
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 73311
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a Relationship Thread, you know. have for years now.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samcro


Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Posts: 264
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already found her, she is on the other couch all preggos. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gobrowns1


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5971
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
we have a Relationship Thread, you know. have for years now.

Yea, but isn't that for advice?
I thought this would be inappropriate.I was trying to discuss the concept of relationships. Sorry.

Gmen4ev wrote:
There are 7 billion people in the world ... Ill settle for good enough

If she makes me happy, that's all that matters


That's how feel too.
_________________
Trade Johnny Finger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47644
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gobrowns1 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
we have a Relationship Thread, you know. have for years now.

Yea, but isn't that for advice?
I thought this would be inappropriate. I was trying to discuss the concept of relationships. Sorry.

Gmen4ev wrote:
There are 7 billion people in the world ... Ill settle for good enough

If she makes me happy, that's all that matters


That's how feel too.


Huh? Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 36250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly there's no such thing.

just find a girl you find extremely attractive, shares similar interests and life goals, and has the same moral values as you in whatever areas.

i mean most people live in maybe 3 cities in their life maximum or something along those lines. obviously you don't even run into everyone there, you're choosing from an extremely small group of people relatively, yet tons of people still get married.
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 30899
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in Neo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37834
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I don't believe in Neo.


He doesn't believe in you either.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravens_rool28


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 19211
Location: #BOOZE
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
honestly there's no such thing.

just find a girl you find extremely attractive, shares similar interests and life goals, and has the same moral values as you in whatever areas.

i mean most people live in maybe 3 cities in their life maximum or something along those lines. obviously you don't even run into everyone there, you're choosing from an extremely small group of people relatively, yet tons of people still get married.

That means nothing. It's all about the marriages that go the distance.
_________________
Desperado82 wrote:
It's the magic of alcohol

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 16985
Location: CalhounLambeau on teh sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samcro wrote:
I already found her, she is on the other couch all preggos. Laughing


Change your location to charming
_________________


PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55524
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
we have a Relationship Thread, you know. have for years now.


Man you're annoying. Why don't you just get your job back?
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18555
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of dating anyone who I don't see as potential for marriage. It's just how I'm built. That doesn't mean they have to be "perfect", but there are certain guidelines that they need to fit first.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 36250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
honestly there's no such thing.

just find a girl you find extremely attractive, shares similar interests and life goals, and has the same moral values as you in whatever areas.

i mean most people live in maybe 3 cities in their life maximum or something along those lines. obviously you don't even run into everyone there, you're choosing from an extremely small group of people relatively, yet tons of people still get married.

That means nothing. It's all about the marriages that go the distance.


well yes, but you know what i'm saying.

i know plenty of people that have been married for a long time who grew up in the same small town.
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55524
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
honestly there's no such thing.

just find a girl you find extremely attractive, shares similar interests and life goals, and has the same moral values as you in whatever areas.

i mean most people live in maybe 3 cities in their life maximum or something along those lines. obviously you don't even run into everyone there, you're choosing from an extremely small group of people relatively, yet tons of people still get married.

That means nothing. It's all about the marriages that go the distance.


All marriages that go the distance aren't great marriages, either. Sometimes they just stay with each other because that's all they know.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group