Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you look for "The one"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21591
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


Robin?
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 45878
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.
I don't believe in Santa. Doesn't mean I don't participate in the holidays.
_________________

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 21988
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


Robin?


She's gonna get married.........................So no.
_________________

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21591
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


Robin?


She's gonna get married.........................So no.


May I ask why you dont believe in marriage?
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


News Flash: Everyone says that until they have kids of their own. Then they realize there is nothing better in the world than being a parent and positively influencing the life of a child.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 21988
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


Robin?


She's gonna get married.........................So no.


May I ask why you dont believe in marriage?


There is not one person on this earth that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I am insanely selfish, and love being alone. No person is going to change that, and I wouldnt change who I am, or my ways for anyone.
_________________

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21591
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


Robin?


She's gonna get married.........................So no.


May I ask why you dont believe in marriage?


There is not one person on this earth that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I am insanely selfish, and love being alone. No person is going to change that, and I wouldnt change who I am, or my ways for anyone.


Makes sense ... could never work for me Laughing

But if thats how you feel then thats how you feel
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 21988
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


News Flash: Everyone says that until they have kids of their own. Then they realize there is nothing better in the world than being a parent and positively influencing the life of a child.


I literally HATE kids. I will never have kids, nor do I want them.
_________________

#JDI

Chuckie Keeton, Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34935
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
I got lucky when I found "the one". She came to my house; literally Laughing
Mail-order bride?


Guess I set myself up for that one, eh? Laughing

Actually, she came to our house as my brother's new home health aide. After a few months, my family and I helped her out of a bad relationship and helped her reconnect with her family. Right as it happened, I tried to be mister romantic and ask her out on a date... only to get shot down... because she asked me first.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


News Flash: Everyone says that until they have kids of their own. Then they realize there is nothing better in the world than being a parent and positively influencing the life of a child.


I literally HATE kids. I will never have kids, nor do I want them.


I used to say that too until my son was born.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.


News Flash: Everyone says that until they have kids of their own. Then they realize there is nothing better in the world than being a parent and positively influencing the life of a child.


I literally HATE kids. I will never have kids, nor do I want them.


I used to say that too until my son was born.


I was the same, until I lived with my GF for 3 months. She lives with her sister, and I was with her two little kids.

They grow on you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18860
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Do you look for "The one"? Reply with quote

gobrowns1 wrote:
I have a friend who is extremely picky and refuses to ever date someone just for the sake of dating them. He says that most girls he has met don't fit his criteria of the one, so he doesn't want to waste his time trying to make something happen with girls he considers imperfect.

The idea that your friend knows these women aren't "the one" without dating them is laughable. Honestly, you don't know someone until you live with them, so you certainly don't know someone without going on one-on-one dates.

I know people that were happy together until they lived together. I wonder if they thought they had the one? I also knew people that hung together all the time as friends, then years later started dating. I doubt they thought they had the one when they first met.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22529
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in the whole "there's one person" for you. But, I do believe in "the one" in the sense of they're "the one" you want to spend the rest of your life with. But, I think there are many "the one"s out there. Kind of like buying a house, or a car or something -- when you check it out, you know that's "the one". Obviously those are on much smaller scales, but I look at them kind of the same way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16515
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I don't believe in the whole "there's one person" for you. But, I do believe in "the one" in the sense of they're "the one" you want to spend the rest of your life with. But, I think there are many "the one"s out there. Kind of like buying a house, or a car or something -- when you check it out, you know that's "the one". Obviously those are on much smaller scales, but I look at them kind of the same way.



I would agree with this. It really is just about meeting the right people at the right time. And if you finally find that person who you can spend the rest of your life with, then that person is the "one" for you.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
fretgod99


Global Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19257
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Dont believe in marriage, and I cannot stand kids, nor do I want any. So I guess Im not looking for the one.
I don't believe in Santa. Doesn't mean I don't participate in the holidays.
I approve of this pun.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group