Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyboy8102 wrote:
titwio wrote:
Anyone else miss the "old" NFL Primetime? The one where Chris Berman did about 2 mins of highlights for each game.

Not a fan of the way they just cut right to the 3rd quarter on some teams and just show a few plays.

This.

I actually miss the old Sunday Night Football on Espn as well.

Remember when Chris Berman who to do this at the end of Primetime?

"Thank you joining us tonight for NFL primetime" Then he looks in another camera and says this in front of the big screen

"But now we will send you to the Sunday Night Game"

The good ole days
mco65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:

I prefer NFLN, only because I can't stand Chris Berman and crew.

What he said!
mco65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLFan76 wrote:
johnnyboy8102 wrote:
titwio wrote:
Anyone else miss the "old" NFL Primetime? The one where Chris Berman did about 2 mins of highlights for each game.

Not a fan of the way they just cut right to the 3rd quarter on some teams and just show a few plays.

This.

"Thank you joining us tonight for NFL primetime" Then he looks in another camera and says this in front of the big screen

The good ole days

FUNNY because this was actually Howard Cossell's shtick..

Cossell used to do this at halftime of the Monday Night game. .it was excellent but only because there was NO ESPN and you didn't get highlights of ever freaking game at every freaking minute of the day so those short glimpses of your teams win by Cossell was very memorable!
fretgod99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate ESPN's ten minutes of press conference coverage after MNF or whenever they do it. Insanely boring.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
I hate ESPN's ten minutes of press conference coverage after MNF or whenever they do it. Insanely boring.

I;m stunned that some people are not interested in what the coach and players of their team is saying after a game.
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:
johnnyboy8102 wrote:
titwio wrote:

This.

The good ole days

FUNNY because this was actually Howard Cossell's shtick..

Cossell used to do this at halftime of the Monday Night game. .it was excellent but only because there was NO ESPN and you didn't get highlights of ever freaking game at every freaking minute of the day so those short glimpses of your teams win by Cossell was very memorable!

So Cossell would be looking in one camera and then turn to another camera and say........."Now let's take you to the game at Veterans Stadium, take it away guys"
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLFan76 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

I;m stunned that some people are not interested in what the coach and players of their team is saying after a game.
Same here, I can't get enough of my team's press after games.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

I only watch to see if someone has a meltdown, like Denny Green or Derek Anderson did in years past.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Berman hate at all. I love the guy and his highlights are exciting and crack me up.

What gives?

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
I don't get the Berman hate at all. I love the guy and his highlights are exciting and crack me up.

What gives?

I don't like him because he wants to make it known to everyone that he loves the Eagles. When you are a host of a NFL show, I;m not supposed to know what team you root for to win. Which is why I stopped watching

NFL Countdown
Monday Night Countdown
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

What gives?

Back in the mid to late 90s, he was REALLY funny. Had the name thing going at full bore, the sound effects were on point and fit the scene well, was crisp with his delivery...and now that ESPN has become as big as it has, it seems as if he's just dropping lip service. The names that he was famous for just don't come off as well, every sound effect is that loud and obnoxious "WHOOP!!!" and...well, it just doesn't seem as if he's trying anymore...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:

I only watch to see if someone has a meltdown, like Denny Green or Derek Anderson did in years past.

Those had to be your two examples...Why no Jim Mora Sr?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
titwio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

What gives?

Back in the mid to late 90s, he was REALLY funny. Had the name thing going at full bore, the sound effects were on point and fit the scene well, was crisp with his delivery...and now that ESPN has become as big as it has, it seems as if he's just dropping lip service. The names that he was famous for just don't come off as well, every sound effect is that loud and obnoxious "WHOOP!!!" and...well, it just doesn't seem as if he's trying anymore...

The guy is getting old...I don't know how many bulldozer sounds (the sound he makes when Gronk or Brandon Jacobs run over defenders) his heart can still churn out. I get worried for his heart just listening to him speak.

Still like him though.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

What gives?

Yeah when you got an Andre Bad Moon Rison, or a Mike You're in good hands w/ Alstott those were the days. Now it kinda sux, and Gameday Final blows now that they don't have Eisen do it anymore.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
I love Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock

I didn't mention Nessler, but I said the same about Mayock last Thursday. He's the best color commentator in the business, hands down.

NFLFan76 wrote:
after the Eagles won because I figured that's the only team they would be talking about.

Nothing wrong with that. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: