Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors thread: O'neal back. David Lee plays D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
I just don't see how it's possible for someone's ankles to be as bad as Curry's.

He got kicked in the back of the ankle by Mathews. Anyone else's ankle would have reacted the same.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
I just don't see how it's possible for someone's ankles to be as bad as Curry's.

I really would not be surprised if we draft a pg in next years draft(likely losing our pick to Utah this year). Curry is just not a good investment.

And you know this how?
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
John232 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

I really would not be surprised if we draft a pg in next years draft(likely losing our pick to Utah this year). Curry is just not a good investment.

And you know this how?

I think he means Curry is not a safe investment, and with his injury problems, I can understand why.

Still, I'd sign him up with a reasonable contract extension right now before his value gets any higher. His injury problems decrease his value, so now is a good time to lock him up IMO.

Can't wait for the season to start & get a healthy Bogut!
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogut practiced full again and apparently hes feeling no pain, hopefully he get some quality PT tomorrow. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Lakers lost Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph Curry just signed a 4 year, 44 million extension. Love it. Had he been healthy last season, he'd be getting the max. Here's to him balling out this year and staying sprained ankle free. Smile
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal on the Curry extension. Glad we got it done before the season starts!

And Bogut is set to play & start tonight.

RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

I saw that. Really wanna see how good he looks coming back from the injury. You know you're not going to get anything close to the player he once was at his peak prior to the injuries, but if he can provide that defensive low post presence GS has been missing for some time and still maintain his 10-10 average, I think it'd do wonders for your team given the offensively skilled players you have surrounding him.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for Bogut he has to go up against the beast that is the Polish Hammer aka Marcin Gortat.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if Bogut came out of this game alive.

Haha good luck tonight guys, but hopefully the home team comes out with the dub. Wink

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

I saw that. Really wanna see how good he looks coming back from the injury. You know you're not going to get anything close to the player he once was at his peak prior to the injuries, but if he can provide that defensive low post presence GS has been missing for some time and still maintain his 10-10 average, I think it'd do wonders for your team given the offensively skilled players you have surrounding him.

Offensively maybe not. But there's no reason for him to not continue to be the great defender, rebounder and passer that he is, which is what makes him so valuable.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Offensively maybe not. But there's no reason for him to not continue to be the great defender, rebounder and passer that he is, which is what makes him so valuable.

No doubt, I wish him the best. But I'm very skeptical of how well he will be able to rebound as a player from all these sustained injuries. But like I said, even if he lacks the explosiveness to be anything close to to his former self on offense, if he can just continue to be a great defender while improving his passing, he should still be a tremendous asset to the Warriors.

Matts4313 wrote:
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

No doubt, I wish him the best. But I'm very skeptical of how well he will be able to rebound as a player from all these sustained injuries. But like I said, even if he lacks the explosiveness to be anything close to to his former self on offense, if he can just continue to be a great defender while improving his passing, he should still be a tremendous asset to the Warriors.

It's not like Bogut's been dealing with a serious knee or back injury like Bynum and Howard. His elbow injury has taken the most from his offensive scoring game, but that hasn't effected him as a rebounder, defender or blocker.

I don't mean to nitpick but Bogut's already one of the best passing bigs in the game. He doesn't need to improve.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I don't mean to nitpick but Bogut's already one of the best passing bigs in the game. He doesn't need to improve.

Not saying he needs to up his assist averages or anything of that nature. What I mean is without the same type of explosiveness he had before his injuries, he's going to have to compensate for his lack of explosion by being more willing to pass out of the post. So in situations where he'd previously go to one of his post moves or try to force it down low, he's going to have to get used to passing it out to the perimeter or David Lee (a complimentary big man he's never really had with the Bucks). Just my opinion though.

Matts4313 wrote:
John232

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Darkness wrote:
John232 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

And you know this how?

I think he means Curry is not a safe investment, and with his injury problems, I can understand why.

Still, I'd sign him up with a reasonable contract extension right now before his value gets any higher. His injury problems decrease his value, so now is a good time to lock him up IMO.

Safe and Good are the same thing in my eyes. I love Curry as a player, I think if he didn't have the injury issue he'd be an all-star and max contract player, no hesitation. But he's not that and I don't think this franchise can afford to dole out another bad contract when we have one of the worst in the NBA with David Lee.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Darkness wrote:
John232 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:

And you know this how?

Safe and Good are the same thing in my eyes. I love Curry as a player, I think if he didn't have the injury issue he'd be an all-star and max contract player, no hesitation. But he's not that and I don't think this franchise can afford to dole out another bad contract when we have one of the worst in the NBA with David Lee.

If you think David Lee has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, I suggest you start following the rest of the NBA closer.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love that we got Curry locked up. So pumped for this season, team is going to be damn good if the injury big doesn't bite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 3 of 56

Jump to: