Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors thread: O'neal back. David Lee plays D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Quote:
Jesse (DC)

What is the best way for the Pacers to reintegrate Danny Granger without disrupting Paul George's emergence and reviving an anemic offense (bench in particular)?
Chad Ford (1:11 PM)

I fully expect that by the start of next season Granger will be wearing a different jersey. The challenge right now is how to bring him back, prove to teams he's still a pseudo-All-Star so that his trade value is high, and not disrupt what's happening in Indy. George is the future of the franchise and Granger's absence has given him the opportunity to emerge. They can't mess with that. But they don't want to sell Granger for pennies on the dollar. Lots of veteran teams would be interested in him if they are comfortable that he can stay healthy. Look for Golden State, Toronto, Houston, Dallas to all pursue.

Would you guys bust a trade for Granger? Me being I don't want him gone. He's good and a valuable asset spreading the floor. His contract isn't hat bad as well. On par with Currys.

But if there is a chance would you guys do something a long the lines of..

Klay Thompson for Granger straight up? Seems like a fair deal. Pacers need a SG and Klay is a perfect fit for us, That way we let George develop full time at the SF position.

The Warriors would be nasty with this line up.

Curry-(Rush?)-Harrison-Granger-David Lee

Greanger has and is fully capable at playing the PF position. He has fared very well vs KG in his Boston days.

No way we trade one of the most promising SGs in the leage (on a rookie contract i might add) for an overpaid injury prone chucker

kiltman on the sig
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this Injured/Chucker stuff coming from?

In a down year he shot 41%..

This is his first major injury in his career.

BBL
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
What is this Injured/Chucker stuff coming from?

In a down year he shot 41%..

This is his first major injury in his career.

And 42% the 2 seasons before. Richard Jefferson for Danny Granger. Maybe throw in Jeremy Tyler to sweeten it.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling we will be seeing Bogut very soon. We only have 4 games in the next 2 weeks & I have a feeling it's possible he's almost ready to return.

IIRC, they aren't going to announce when he's coming back. Bogut said he wants to surprise everyone by just appearing in the layup line.

This isn't based on anything, just a hunch I have.

I called it!

No official word yet, but was just watching Chronicle Live & it showed Bogut shooting the ball & jogging on the court. Analyst said he has no more pain either.

Pic: http://pics.lockerz.com/s/275722089
John232

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Quote:
Jesse (DC)

What is the best way for the Pacers to reintegrate Danny Granger without disrupting Paul George's emergence and reviving an anemic offense (bench in particular)?
Chad Ford (1:11 PM)

I fully expect that by the start of next season Granger will be wearing a different jersey. The challenge right now is how to bring him back, prove to teams he's still a pseudo-All-Star so that his trade value is high, and not disrupt what's happening in Indy. George is the future of the franchise and Granger's absence has given him the opportunity to emerge. They can't mess with that. But they don't want to sell Granger for pennies on the dollar. Lots of veteran teams would be interested in him if they are comfortable that he can stay healthy. Look for Golden State, Toronto, Houston, Dallas to all pursue.

Would you guys bust a trade for Granger? Me being I don't want him gone. He's good and a valuable asset spreading the floor. His contract isn't hat bad as well. On par with Currys.

But if there is a chance would you guys do something a long the lines of..

Klay Thompson for Granger straight up? Seems like a fair deal. Pacers need a SG and Klay is a perfect fit for us, That way we let George develop full time at the SF position.

The Warriors would be nasty with this line up.

Curry-(Rush?)-Harrison-Granger-David Lee

Greanger has and is fully capable at playing the PF position. He has fared very well vs KG in his Boston days.

No way we trade one of the most promising SGs in the leage (on a rookie contract i might add) for an overpaid injury prone chucker

The only way we trade for Granger is if it's dealing Barnes with RJ and Andris and thus being a massive cap dump of dead weight. That said, I still wouldn't want it to go down because Granger is a good player but Barnes has every bit of potential he does. Also, Granger may be a good scorer(something we have plenty of) and solid on defense he doesn't rebound particularly well for his position.

Granger would make the team better in the short term, but I don't think it's a good long term move at all.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of those games. Nothings going our way tonight. Too many shoot ourselves in the foot plays. Hopefully we can squeak out the win, but I'm not feeling it.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the 2nd time this season we lost a game after losing the previous one.

Turnovers, poor defensive rebounding, and missed free throws killed us. Refs didn't help either, but it's beyond that.

Glad to see Bogut getting closer to his return. It has been evident all season long that we struggle against bigger teams.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

23-12. If we can stay 10 games over .500 until Bogut comes back, we'll be sitting pretty after the all-star break to end the season.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klay needs to stop chucking. He's killing us
John232

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:

I know he's trying to shoot himself out of the slump but....Time to defer buddy, Develop the passing part of your game...lol.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

I know he's trying to shoot himself out of the slump but....Time to defer buddy, Develop the passing part of your game...lol.

He's not even in a slump anymore. He just jacks up dumb shots whenever a defender gives him an inch. He needs to be more selective.

Jarrett Jack's elbow is clearly throwing off his game. Teams are leaving him open from 3 and he's not shooting. Hopefully it will heal soon.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Klay on the bench please. Something about playing the Nuggs makes him act stupid.

Last edited by Darkness on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison needs to get the ball more these last few games you can see he's itching to take over!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as Klay came back in, the Nuggets got all the momentum. smh
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, Klay has looked somewhat shaky his year. Poor shot selection, stepping out of bounds, and erroneous decisions have been a staple so far. His passes are lazy & nonchalant. Still, it's all understandable as this is his 2nd year. I just hope he gets better at correcting his mistakes sooner rather than later.

Barnes looked good. Nice to see respond to the team asking him to be more agressive. Talent/Skillset is definitely there.

Denver is just another one of those teams we struggle playing against (along with Sacramento, Orlando, Memphis, and LA Lakers).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 22 of 56

Jump to: