You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golden State Warriors thread: O'neal back. David Lee plays D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudKicker wrote:
Sounds like we at least threw our names into the Kevin Love sweepstakes hat. Since we have no draft picks seemingly ever lol, we would need to find a third team to help us out.

I'm assuming a package centered around Thompson and Lee

If Barnes showed well off the bench this past season, we'd have so much more leverage and ammo. Damn scrub looked like a D-Leaguer. Now Klay might have to reach his potetial on aother team to get Love. Sad

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but maybe Barnes is better suited in a position this point in his career where he is the 3rd or 4th option on the floor, develop as a slasher and spot up shooter and focus on playing awesome defense and rebounding instead of being a one on one, ball dominant type of forward.

Putting him in a lineup next to Curry, Iguodala, Love, and Bogut I think would be awesome. Then Draymond as our 6th man.
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrows the big day fellas. Either the Warriors make a deal for Love, or I think the Wolves strike a deal with Houston or Boston for their draft picks. If the Wolves keep him past tomorrow night, I think that's good news for us.
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well good news is, that you would have to think that anyone who was considering trading draft picks for Love, isn't going to trade the players they've taken.

From what I've read online and twitter, it seems like talks are pretty slow at the moment.

However I think it's smart of Myers at this point, just slow play it and hope to god the Timberwolves panic and take Lee/Barnes. Myers is obviously gonna be doing everything he can to keep Thompson on this team and to get Love as well.
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw I still think Barnes could be really good but we need to realize he isn't a number one option yet, so they can't use him in a Manu/Jamal Crawford type of role coming off the bench and dominating the scoring for a bit.
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Livingston signing. Considering he is getting paid $1M/yr less than Jack got from the Cavs last year, I don;t think we really overpaid. This was the biggest hole on our current roster and we filled it perfectly.

I don't think this makes Klay expendable though.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome signing
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Awesome signing

Who's next? Think it's gotta be a big man. Moment of truth on Love I think. While it's possible we sign someone to backup Lee for now, then still end up trading for Love at some point, I think it'd be unlikely.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudKicker wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Awesome signing

Who's next? Think it's gotta be a big man. Moment of truth on Love I think. While it's possible we sign someone to backup Lee for now, then still end up trading for Love at some point, I think it'd be unlikely.

Yup. I think the Warriors either work out a sign and trade with the Lakers for Gasol, or trade for Love. Should be an entertaining next few weeks
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
CloudKicker wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Awesome signing

Yup. I think the Warriors either work out a sign and trade with the Lakers for Gasol, or trade for Love. Should be an entertaining next few weeks

Yup and if the W's miss out on Frye, Hawes, and Gasol, I think it would be telling about their intentions with Love.

Exciting indeed!!
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'7 PG (6'11 wingspan) who can guard 1-3, facilitate, and score inside. Perfect fit for us. Also love that he doesn't turn the ball over much.

*Livingston led the NBA in points per possession in the post last season*

Apparently we could have gotten Stuckey for the same price, but FO preferred Livingstoon more.
CloudKicker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it's going to be a boring offseason. I think we'll add a bench scorer, then I doubt anyone else we sign will contribute much this upcoming season, plus we are strapped financially. Now we wait for Love...could be waiting a long time for that domino to fall
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudKicker wrote:
Seems like it's going to be a boring offseason. I think we'll add a bench scorer, then I doubt anyone else we sign will contribute much this upcoming season, plus we are strapped financially. Now we wait for Love...could be waiting a long time for that domino to fall

Until Love is traded, I'm going to be frequently checking the rumor mill for updates. lol
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watching Summer League? Justin Holiday (Jrue's older brother) looks like a keeper IMO. Good shooter & solid defending with those super long arms.

As it stands:

C: Bogut | Ezeli | Kuzmic
PF: Lee | Speights
SF: Igoudala | Barnes | Green
SG: Thompson
PG: Curry | Livingston | Nedovic

Need another big man & possibly another guard behind Thompson.

Would love to get B. Rush back, add Holiday, and someone like Udoh to put the roster at 15.

*Kevin Love Update*

Jon Krawczynski @APkrawczynski 1h
Quote:
Flip Saunders and GSW GM Bob Myers were seen chatting on Sunday. Talks had hit standstill over GSW's reluctance to include Klay.

Quote:
It's not clear if GSW has changed its position on Klay. But the sides are at least talking about things again after hitting a wall.

Quote:
There is no question that deals this summer have pushed Klay's value sky high. Sounds like both warriors and wolves realize that

^ Minneapolis NBA writer for Associated Press.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56
Page 56 of 56

Jump to: