Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Is The Better Player?
Gordon Hayward
65%
 65%  [ 27 ]
Chandler Parsons
34%
 34%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 41

the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons? Reply with quote

Who is the better player, Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons?

Similar players who both got paid this offseason for about the same annual salary.

Who you got and why?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parsons - He has the ability to play 4 different positions. He is a point forward who can create his own offense, he is an underrated athlete and a consistently good shooter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Parsons - He has the ability to play 4 different positions. He is a point forward who can create his own offense, he is an underrated athlete and a consistently good shooter.

Hayward can do all of that except for possibly the last part. But I will take Hayward defensively over Parsons. Just my personal preference there.

However, I would LOVE to see Hayward play next to Harden and Howard in the McHale offense down in Houston.

HHH in H-Town. Get it done Morey, get it done!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sucks for Hayward that he was asked to be the #1 guy last year.

It is worth noting that Parsons played in a much faster paced system than Hayward, and that Chandler played a few extra minutes per game too. Parsons has actually been relied on heavily since coming into the league, while the Jazz wanted to work Hayward up.

Also, Hayward was a lights out shooter when he had Deron Williams setting him up in the Jerry Sloan offense. I wanted to point that out as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has the higher ceiling?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

It is worth noting that Parsons played in a much faster paced system than Hayward, and that Chandler played a few extra minutes per game too. Parsons has actually been relied on heavily since coming into the league, while the Jazz wanted to work Hayward up.

Also, Hayward was a lights out shooter when he had Deron Williams setting him up in the Jerry Sloan offense. I wanted to point that out as well.

the very fact that Chandler has been relied on and Hayward has been worked up should tell you that Chandler is ahead of the curve.

Parsons will turn 26 before the season starts, Hayward will be 24 when the season starts, so Hayward has a couple more years of ball playing in him.

Parsons has improved every season, Hayward took a giant step back this season shooting the ball...that concerns me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayward is the better player. Neither are worth the max.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
the lone star wrote:

the very fact that Chandler has been relied on and Hayward has been worked up should tell you that Chandler is ahead of the curve.

Parsons will turn 26 before the season starts, Hayward will be 24 when the season starts, so Hayward has a couple more years of ball playing in him.

Parsons has improved every season, Hayward took a giant step back this season shooting the ball...that concerns me

I wouldn't say that more minutes one one team, and less minutes on another sufficiently says one is more ahead of the curve than the other.

But for their playing styles, which, while similar, are also distinctively different, Parsons polished off better. Hayward is still too erratic at times.

The shooting numbers concern me too, but that can happen when you are asked to be the #1, something Parsons hasn't been asked to do yet.

Houston's front office and coaching > Utah's front office and coaching too. Those make a difference whether we like to admit it or not.

With that said, I still haven't made up my mind on this one. Just presenting a case for Hayward.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:

Agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, Parsons is getting slightly less than a max annual salary.........on average at least. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parsons mainly cause he was a Gator and is from O-Town! Both are great 3rd options but shouldn't be number one options.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayward is PG lite. He's my dude.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hayward can get back to his shooting from a year ago i go with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:

Man you sure have been ragging on Parsons ever since we offered him a contract Laughing

I bet if you guys match he's back to being a monster and a beast.

Neither are worth the max clearly, but Parsons is the better player. Better offensive player, and even though neither will be a star, Parsons has a better chance of making it to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

Man you sure have been ragging on Parsons ever since we offered him a contract Laughing

I bet if you guys match he's back to being a monster and a beast.

Neither are worth the max clearly, but Parsons is the better player. Better offensive player, and even though neither will be a star, Parsons has a better chance of making it to that.

I said Hayward was the better player before all of this happened if you look back. Hayward was on a team with one of the slowest paces while being the #1 option. He consistently was being guarded by the opposing team's best perimeter defender. Parsons was the #3 option on a team with one of the fastest paces in the league, clearly taking advantage of the situation being given to him. Don't get me wrong, Chandler is a really good role player. Really good.

But neither are worth their contracts. Hayward is closer than Parsons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: