Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Draft 4 rounds (Revised)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
As of right now our top 3 needs are QB/WR/OLB... OG/FS could be options with pending FA Levitre and Jairus Byrd

How is QB that high of a need? You guys just gave Fitzpatrick a big contract and so far, he has actually played pretty well. Plus, unless you are in position to draft either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley (which will in all liklihood be gone), there is no immediate upgrades available. I can definitely see the need at WR, but you may be out of position to land one of the top guys. I didn't realize OLB was a big need. Admittedly, I'm not as updated on the Bills as some other things. Thanks for filling me in on the team needs.

Considering Geno, Barkley and Wilson are off the board WR would be the logical choice. Marquis Wilson is a solid option. I could see the Bills targetting a large, strong armed developmental guy like a Logan Thomas or Tyler Bray who will sit a season or 2 behind Fitz. Sean Porter is round 3 is a great pick.

Problem with Fitz is arm strength and down field accuracy. He has a solid quick release, decent scrambling abilities and is intelligent but he cannot make consistent down field throws.

Considering that Thomas is having a very subpar season and Bray just isn't ready, but stands a real chance to be the first QB off the board in 2014, I believe both guys return to school.

One QB I like alot and I believe he comes out, is Aaron Murray. I think this kid has a chance to be very good and he might be able to be taken in round 2 or 3.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Draft 4 rounds (Revised) Reply with quote

As a Saints fan, if the draft did go like this, I'd much pefer...

1 - Big Jon Hankins DT Ohio State
3 - Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
4 - Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
If you plan on putting Jenkins at SLB (*fingers crossed*), then I love your draft for us.

Where else would I put him? He would be the SLB, Wright would move to WLB and Wagner would stay in the middle. Jenkins would give us a SLB with some pass rush ability which we desperately need.

I just wanted to double check (Bruce Irvin would be good option for SLB as well).

Wright is better suited at WLB IMO. We don't have a guy to swat down balls on the weak side.
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like Hankins, but I don't want the Coots to draft him. He'd have to be a major steal for us to draft him. I'd like Barrett Jones there, even if he does go 12 picks later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Mingo slip to the end of the first and falling to the Pats is very unlikely.but also vert cool. He would bring more youth/pass rush to.that ever improving defense. They really need to nail.it on a draft pick or fa CB to sure up secondary. Great mock,

Jesse

Props to MoJo122-b-21

The last two times Bill Belichick and Jeff Fisher have met, Belichick's teams have outscored Fisher's 104-7...Jeffrey, Bill is your Achilles Heel.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
If you plan on putting Jenkins at SLB (*fingers crossed*), then I love your draft for us.

Where else would I put him? He would be the SLB, Wright would move to WLB and Wagner would stay in the middle. Jenkins would give us a SLB with some pass rush ability which we desperately need.

I just wanted to double check (Bruce Irvin would be good option for SLB as well).

Wright is better suited at WLB IMO. We don't have a guy to swat down balls on the weak side.

Agreed. I believe Wright would be perfect for the weakside. There would be certain downs, where I could see us rotating Irvin and Jenkins at SLB. I believe Irvin is best utilized when you move him around, at a few different spots, to capitalize on his speed, but for the most part, Jenkins would be the near every down SLB.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Yeah, I like Hankins, but I don't want the Coots to draft him. He'd have to be a major steal for us to draft him. I'd like Barrett Jones there, even if he does go 12 picks later.

Is OG that big of a need? I thought you had more of a need at OT and that would rule out Jones. He is a pure OG, on the next level. As for Hankins, I have him as far and away, the best NT prospect in the draft. I believe he would drastically upgrade your run defense.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change Atlanta's fourth rounder to a CB and it looks solid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the bengals picks. Te'o to replace ReyRey. Okafor for our DE depth. And safety and RB are needs, so great draft for us.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could live without a LB in the third but otherwise it's good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Love the bengals picks. Te'o to replace ReyRey. Okafor for our DE depth. And safety and RB are needs, so great draft for us.

I agree with this 100% great draft for the Bengals

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised and still a bad Bears draft
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
Revised and still a bad Bears draft

That's because Bears fans are delusional. They actually believe, they can be successful with a human "turnstile" at the LT position.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
5. Jacksonville- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M – Given RT is a large need, I get it, but I would take the pass rusher here and go Jarvis Jones at OLB (glaring need), Samuel Montgomery at DE (again large need) or we can go luxury pick in Xavier Rhodes at Corner (heck, even a Justin Hunter if Shad demands another Receiver).

36. Jacksonville- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama – The more the season goes on, the UT position could be a need and Jesse is very good, however, if we go on the Defensive side of the ball in the first, here is where I would grab Dallas Thomas, who can play both Left and Right Tackle, but also move inside, so he fills a need regardless of where he is plugged in at.

69. Jacksonville- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia – If we aren’t bad enough to get rid of Gene Smith and take a Quarterback in the first, then we aren’t going to “waste” this pick on a Quarterback in the third…Sean Porter, OLB / Larry Warford, OG / and especially Dion Jordan at DE should be considered here.

100. Jacksonville- Earl Watford, OG, James Madison – If we don’t go to the interior of the line sooner then here, good pick, if you do, Khaseem Greene / Mark Jackson, OT / Mario Benavides, C could be options.

Still not a bad draft outside of Murray in the third.

You have a RT. His name is Eugene Monroe. Joeckel would be an automatic upgrade at LT, pushing Monroe to RT, where he is more suited. I'm a big believer that the success of an offense, all starts up front. From there, you take a franchise QB and then build the RB's and WR's, but the O-Line (particularily LT), has to be solid. I think Monroe can be a solid RT, but as a LT, I have him slightly below average.

The reason I have you taking Murray is, because outside of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, I don't see another QB anywhere near worthy enough of taking in round 1 and I don't have you in position to take either of those guys. Drafting a first round QB as need, was what landed you Blaine Gabbert. Reaching for another first rounder is not gonna help your offense. I really, really like Murray. I believe he could be a round 2 bargain. As far as QB's that I have on my board, who are ready to play right now in the NFL and be future successes, I have Murray ranked #3. I believe he could immediately come in and beat Gabbert, while being a very significant upgrade.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I'm not sure about going Safety in the first again for the Bucs. I think CB is a more pressing issue at the moment. But overall I wouldn't mind that draft.

Mark Barron was a great pick last year, but Ronde Barber is so old, he should qualify for medicare this year. Eric Reid is the best FS prospect in this draft by a country mile. You have a tandem of Barron and Reid and your secondary is gonna improve dramatically.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: