Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Draft 4 rounds (Revised)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
5. Jacksonville- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M – Given RT is a large need, I get it, but I would take the pass rusher here and go Jarvis Jones at OLB (glaring need), Samuel Montgomery at DE (again large need) or we can go luxury pick in Xavier Rhodes at Corner (heck, even a Justin Hunter if Shad demands another Receiver).

36. Jacksonville- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama – The more the season goes on, the UT position could be a need and Jesse is very good, however, if we go on the Defensive side of the ball in the first, here is where I would grab Dallas Thomas, who can play both Left and Right Tackle, but also move inside, so he fills a need regardless of where he is plugged in at.

69. Jacksonville- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia – If we aren’t bad enough to get rid of Gene Smith and take a Quarterback in the first, then we aren’t going to “waste” this pick on a Quarterback in the third…Sean Porter, OLB / Larry Warford, OG / and especially Dion Jordan at DE should be considered here.

100. Jacksonville- Earl Watford, OG, James Madison – If we don’t go to the interior of the line sooner then here, good pick, if you do, Khaseem Greene / Mark Jackson, OT / Mario Benavides, C could be options.

Still not a bad draft outside of Murray in the third.

You have a RT. His name is Eugene Monroe. Joeckel would be an automatic upgrade at LT, pushing Monroe to RT, where he is more suited. I'm a big believer that the success of an offense, all starts up front. From there, you take a franchise QB and then build the RB's and WR's, but the O-Line (particularily LT), has to be solid. I think Monroe can be a solid RT, but as a LT, I have him slightly below average.

The reason I have you taking Murray is, because outside of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, I don't see another QB anywhere near worthy enough of taking in round 1 and I don't have you in position to take either of those guys. Drafting a first round QB as need, was what landed you Blaine Gabbert. Reaching for another first rounder is not gonna help your offense. I really, really like Murray. I believe he could be a round 2 bargain. As far as QB's that I have on my board, who are ready to play right now in the NFL and be future successes, I have Murray ranked #3. I believe he could immediately come in and beat Gabbert, while being a very significant upgrade.

Eugene, has been one of the best LTs in the league the last year and a half? He has stone walled everyone this year and is one of the highest graded Tackles...we have a need at everything to the right of him.

#JDI
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I'm not sure about going Safety in the first again for the Bucs. I think CB is a more pressing issue at the moment. But overall I wouldn't mind that draft.

Mark Barron was a great pick last year, but Ronde Barber is so old, he should qualify for medicare this year. Eric Reid is the best FS prospect in this draft by a country mile. You have a tandem of Barron and Reid and your secondary is gonna improve dramatically.

Laughing True as that may be, I believe Ahmad Black can come in and at the very least try to make a case to be a starter. He's a playmaker and I think he could hold down the fort for 1 year.

It is fair to say the FS is a potential need for the Bucs, however, the CBs have been the weak link of the secondary. And Aqib Talib is a FA at the end of the season. That would mean Eric Wright and E.J. Biggers would be the starters if he wasn't retained, yikes! And, Talib hasn't played very good this year to begin with, so I think a 1st-round CB is the way to go.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
Give us Jarvis in the first and go OT or CB in 2nd.

Yeah, for the Jaguars, i like Joeckel a lot. But with that board falling the way it does, i think i'd prefer J.Jones in the 1st and go OT with Jake Matthews in the 2nd. We really need a RT more anyway, and i think the value fits better that way.

Or if we did go with Joeckel in the 1st (which wouldn't be a terrible thing), i'd prefer to see a DE or OLB in the 2nd. DT isn't as big of a need for us imo.

But i absolutely love the Landry Jones pick and i don't know a whole lot about Earl Watford tbh, but i like going OG there.

I think i'd be pretty okay with that mock for the most part though, outside the 2nd rounder. But with a few adjustments, it could be excellent.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Mingo, Justin Gilbert, Brennan Williams, Zach Ertz.

Why is Amerson anywhere near the top ten listed as a CB? He's terrible there. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
5. Jacksonville- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M – Given RT is a large need, I get it, but I would take the pass rusher here and go Jarvis Jones at OLB (glaring need), Samuel Montgomery at DE (again large need) or we can go luxury pick in Xavier Rhodes at Corner (heck, even a Justin Hunter if Shad demands another Receiver).

36. Jacksonville- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama – The more the season goes on, the UT position could be a need and Jesse is very good, however, if we go on the Defensive side of the ball in the first, here is where I would grab Dallas Thomas, who can play both Left and Right Tackle, but also move inside, so he fills a need regardless of where he is plugged in at.

69. Jacksonville- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia – If we aren’t bad enough to get rid of Gene Smith and take a Quarterback in the first, then we aren’t going to “waste” this pick on a Quarterback in the third…Sean Porter, OLB / Larry Warford, OG / and especially Dion Jordan at DE should be considered here.

100. Jacksonville- Earl Watford, OG, James Madison – If we don’t go to the interior of the line sooner then here, good pick, if you do, Khaseem Greene / Mark Jackson, OT / Mario Benavides, C could be options.

Still not a bad draft outside of Murray in the third.

You have a RT. His name is Eugene Monroe. Joeckel would be an automatic upgrade at LT, pushing Monroe to RT, where he is more suited. I'm a big believer that the success of an offense, all starts up front. From there, you take a franchise QB and then build the RB's and WR's, but the O-Line (particularily LT), has to be solid. I think Monroe can be a solid RT, but as a LT, I have him slightly below average.

The reason I have you taking Murray is, because outside of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley, I don't see another QB anywhere near worthy enough of taking in round 1 and I don't have you in position to take either of those guys. Drafting a first round QB as need, was what landed you Blaine Gabbert. Reaching for another first rounder is not gonna help your offense. I really, really like Murray. I believe he could be a round 2 bargain. As far as QB's that I have on my board, who are ready to play right now in the NFL and be future successes, I have Murray ranked #3. I believe he could immediately come in and beat Gabbert, while being a very significant upgrade.

I think you're off the mark on the RT/LT thing. You'd be awfully hard-pressed to find a Jaguars fan who isn't very content moving forward with Monroe as our LT. Personally, i'm not sure he's as 'elite' as some suggest, but he's very good and coming into his own of late. It's just the entire rest of our line that is hopeless. So yeah, RT is a HUGE need for us. I do just think it it makes more sense if we can grab a RT in the 2nd round, and address the pass rush need or even CB in the 1st. Joeckel would be a decent pick regardless, but i think the value is better getting a more RT prospect in the 2nd.

I completely agree with your logic on the QB thing though. That's basically what i'm really hoping for at this point. I'm not sure it will happen, but it's what i'd want to do if i were GM. I'd be very happy with Murray in the 3rd, or equally happy with Landry Jones in the 3rd as you seem to have adjusted it to. I think it makes a lot of sense trying to recoup the (potential) 1st round QB miss on Gabbert, by finding a starter in the 3rd round. And as you're suggesting, i wouldn't be very happy with another high first round QB, unless we're talking Luck/RGIII calibre prospects. And where you have us in the draft, we're going to miss out on Geno Smith anyway. The only guy who looks to be even close to that sort of prospect (and still not really there).
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a very solid draft there for the Vikings.
Hit on alot of the major needs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: New Draft 4 rounds (Revised) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
50. Washington- Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma

83. Washington- Braden Smith, CB, Georgia

113. Washington- LeAdrian Waddle, OT, Texas Tech

All needs! good to go

- mike23md on the sig!
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets with Sparano in charge of offense, Williams is misfit. Wilson is a good pick. Thomas and Ball make sense but neither stands out as dynamic players we have sought for.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not totally against the positions picked just the players. The past few years we have picked guys mainly from SEC programs so I dont see us reaching for players from the Power House Washington State Cougars

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it'd be a lot of offense, but I think it'd be hard to pass up Da'Rick in round two. He would have been a surefire top-20 pick if he didn't screw up and stay at Tennessee.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great draft.

Love the Nassib pick since im a cuse fan

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
sandyf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could see Dallas drafting Barrett in the 1st although with Jerry unlikely. In the second, if Jackson Jeffcoat was available Dallas would take him in a heartbeat. Kid from Louisville could be a steal in the 4th.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice draft for rounds 1-3. Don't know much about Ferentz in the 4th but an OG is more of a need than C at this point.
Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Yeah, I like Hankins, but I don't want the Coots to draft him. He'd have to be a major steal for us to draft him. I'd like Barrett Jones there, even if he does go 12 picks later.

Hasn't changed, I think Hankins is the top overall DT, but not NT. He doesn't fit our system.
My ideal draft with your positioning.
1. Barrett Jones- OL Alabama
3. Sean Porter- OLB Texas A&M
4. Ray-Ray Armstrong- SS Faulkner College

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. New Orleans- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

He's much more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE and we need a true pass rushing 4-3 DE. If anything I'd rather just run with Martez Wilson who has the same build and makes a lot of plays as it is right now when he sees the field.

I'd much rather get Johnathan Hankins here as he would make the whole DL better as he's just that disruptive.

Quote:
72. New Orleans- Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon

Not a bad pick as our WRs have been inconsistent this year, but I think that's more a fluke than anythign else. With a pretty good CB prospect on the board in Johnny Adams I think he would be a much better pick as our secondary is rather thin now that Porter is gone, getting more depth in the secondary would be good. Other option would be an OT here.

Quote:
105. New Orleans- D.L. Wilhite, DE, Minnesota

Especially if you change the first pick, this pick would make a lot of sense. If you don't change the first pick, at least to a real DE as we don't need an OLB, then this pick should be an OT, CB, or WR, BPA depending on what you did with the previous pick, just don't double up.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: