Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's favorite fivehead: Broncos @ Patriots GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Patriots
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Broncos
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
The player that I fear most on the Bronco's is not Manning, it's Von Miller. Kid is already the best 4-3 linebacker in the league, if not the best linebacker overall.
He was pretty invisible in 2 games last year against the Pats. Only registered one tackle.
He played injured those 2 games though.

Really the 1st half is going to dictate how the game goes. Denver has dominated the 2nd half of their first 4 games. In order for Denver to win, they need to capitalize on long drives, far too many times especially in the last 3 games Denver has either turned the ball over(ATL) or settled for field goals rather than touchdowns. Denver cannot realistically expect to win the game if they are stalling on drives and only getting 3 points.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
The player that I fear most on the Bronco's is not Manning, it's Von Miller. Kid is already the best 4-3 linebacker in the league, if not the best linebacker overall.
He was pretty invisible in 2 games last year against the Pats. Only registered one tackle.
He hurt himself in the Steelers game?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10587515

It limited him as a pass rusher and he wasn't used the same way last season as he's being used this season as a run stopper.

Last edited by broncosfan07 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
eh, I don't see how a bad thumb would've affected his performance that much, but ok.

BlaqOptic wrote:
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
eh, I don't see how a bad thumb would've affected his performance that much, but ok.
Well for one Miller uses his hands a lot when he's pass rushing combine that with Brady's quick release and he was severely limited as what he could do on the field.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Well for one Miller uses his hands a lot when he's pass rushing combine that with Brady's quick release and he was severely limited as what he could do on the field.
That still doesn't explain why he was held to just 1 tackle over those two games. He registered 3 tackles and a sack in the playoff game against the Steelers.

BlaqOptic wrote:
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
That still doesn't explain why he was held to just 1 tackle over those two games. He registered 3 tackles and a sack in the playoff game against the Steelers.
A lot of it has to do with how the Pats offense plays, Miller A) Struggled in coverage last year B) Wore down as the season went on and was ineffective/out of position on running plays. The quick passing game the Pats use makes players like Miller and Dumervil ineffective. For the majority of both games Miller was rushing which is why his tackles number is relatively low for the position he plays.

In large part a reason why Denver's defense is vastly improved this season is because Miller is more aggressive against the run and not playing his way out of position like he did as a rookie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
I don't know about invisible Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amjaVMLkAYo

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tight end Aaron Hernandez returned to practice today for the first time since injuring his ankle Sept. 16 against the Cardinals.

Interesting.
Already? I don't want to rush him back, but it's good to know he's recovering well.

My thoughts exactly while I was reading that. We have the easiest schedule in the league and our offense seems to be just fine without him when they're not shooting themselves in the foot.

I think it is all about making sure he is 100% come playoff time.

Last thing we need is a 70% Hernandez when we're playing one and one football.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:

He's definitely an elite 43 lb but he is no where near the best lb in the nfl. Willis and ware are a full tier above everyone else an it's not even close.

As for this game, I think the patriots will win and have a two interception day on peyton. As much as we love koppen as a person, wilfork is going to absolutely obliterate him and it will be beauitful to watch us get easy pressure up the middle for once and not the other way around.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key matchups in this game will be McCourty v. Thomas and Arrington/Moore/Dowling v. Decker on the outside. I'm pretty confident that the pass rush will be able to get in Peyton's face if those guys can do a reasonably good job of slowing those guys from getting into their routes.

BlaqOptic wrote:
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:

As long as Brady is alive and Dante is the o-line coach, I don't fear defensive players. Defensive minds? Yes. But one off players can be shut down. As Miller basically was last year.

Player I'm wary of is Decker. Thomas will have McCourty on him, but Decker could abuse Arrington all day.

Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the spirit of the game...this is wonderful.

http://profootballmock.com/?p=4810

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have Denver got at TE?

I hope after Scott Chandler's 2 TD's we don't have to watch Chung take on a weapon at TE again this week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
What have Denver got at TE?

I hope after Scott Chandler's 2 TD's we don't have to watch Chung take on a weapon at TE again this week.

Jacob Tamme/Joel Dreessen.

Not much size for Tamme who is the main receiving threat but he does have pretty good speed.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: