Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's favorite fivehead: Broncos @ Patriots GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Patriots
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Broncos
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly Denver has something of a 'no-name' D-Line with no real stars like Ngata or Wilfork who can really clog the middle.

We made a D-Line with Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus look very ordinary as they played their NIckel pretty much the entire game.

If Denver plans on playing in a lot of Nickel I'm sure we'll be able to feast on a 'no-name' D-Line as well.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised
rabbisson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
Interesting. The Broncos nearly drafted Brandon Bolden in the 7th round but they were afraid of his constant need for the reefer. They didn't want another Mareno (sp?) on the roster.

Was that in the Chris Price piece?

Bolden seems pretty down to earth to me...

I heard it on a radio interview from a Bronco beat reporter.

Very interesting.

I hate when players are passed over due to weed.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Clearly Denver has something of a 'no-name' D-Line with no real stars like Ngata or Wilfork who can really clog the middle.

We made a D-Line with Mario Williams, Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus look very ordinary as they played their NIckel pretty much the entire game.

If Denver plans on playing in a lot of Nickel I'm sure we'll be able to feast on a 'no-name' D-Line as well.

Ahh, the old "no real stars" argument. Rather ridiculous when you consider the same could easily be said in rebuttal.

"Hey - we held stars like Arian Foster and Darren McFadden in check. What makes you think that your no names of Steven Ridley and Brandon Bolden are going to do anything against us???"

Doesn't work like that, does it? With that said, I actually think you have a point about running against our Nickel package. Last week we put Wesley Woodyard and Danny Trevathan at LB in our Nickel, which is a below average (at very best) run Defending LB core.

MUFC OK
rabbisson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it also bears remembering that Tom Brady is really good against Jack Del Rio coached defenses.

2003: 22-34, 228 yards, 2 TD, win 27-13
2006: 28-39, 249 yards, 1 TD, win 24-21
2009: 23-26, 267 yards, 4 TD, win 35-7

PLAYOFFS

2005: 15-27, 201 yards, 3 TD, win 28-3
2007: 26-28, 262 yards, 3 TD, win 31-20

We'll see if in three years JDR has made some alterations, but Brady does seem to have his number to an extent.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 26 of 28 game was one of the most surgical performances I've ever seen. He was god that day

Deadpulse on the sig
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
I think it also bears remembering that Tom Brady is really good against Jack Del Rio coached defenses.

PLAYOFFS

We'll see if in three years JDR has made some alterations, but Brady does seem to have his number to an extent.

To be fair, Jacksonville's defenses under Del Rio never had talent like this defense does, and our defense isn't super super talented. DT was the only position they were always really stacked at. It is worrisome though

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Ahh, the old "no real stars" argument. Rather ridiculous when you consider the same could easily be said in rebuttal.

"Hey - we held stars like Arian Foster and Darren McFadden in check. What makes you think that your no names of Steven Ridley and Brandon Bolden are going to do anything against us???"

Doesn't work like that, does it? With that said, I actually think you have a point about running against our Nickel package. Last week we put Wesley Woodyard and Danny Trevathan at LB in our Nickel, which is a below average (at very best) run Defending LB core.

Just because we don't have a name like Wilfork or Ngata in the middle of our line doesn't mean the line is awful. It's improved mightily since last year. I would say they are definitely susceptible in nickel packages to the run, but that's more a functional of the LBs than the DL.

Thanks, Tzimisce
_Oypus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:

Very interesting.

I hate when players are passed over due to weed.

Sorry for off topic, but did medical use pass in MA? I had heard from a friend it was up for vote, didn't hear much after that.

If so, could probably keep Bolden for a while. Laughing
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:

PLAYOFFS

While Brady has owned JDR, JDR never had a pass rusher even half as good as Miller much less Miller and Dumervil. Reggie Hayward wasn't bad he just isn't the the same league as those two.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

PLAYOFFS

While Brady has owned JDR, JDR never had a pass rusher even half as good as Miller much less Miller and Dumervil. Reggie Hayward wasn't bad he just isn't the the same league as those two.
Teams with elite outside pass rushers don't typically faze Brady. The ones he has trouble with are usually the ones that can get inside penetration against his guards and centers.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
deters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

"[b]Hey - we held stars like Arian Foster and Darren McFadden in check. What makes you think that your no names of Steven Ridley and Brandon Bolden are going to do anything against us???"[/b]

In what universe is allowing over 100 yards and 4 ypc being "held in check"?

I could careless about Mcfaddens stats, he's on a putrid team.
deters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

PLAYOFFS

You do realize Del Rio coached Julius Peppers, Ray Lewis and Adalius Thomas, right?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deters wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

PLAYOFFS

You do realize Del Rio coached Julius Peppers, Ray Lewis and Adalius Thomas, right?
Brady never faced the Ravens while JDR was on their staff.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
#RunTheEast
deters

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
deters wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

PLAYOFFS

Brady never faced the Ravens while JDR was on their staff.

i know. i was refuting his comment saying del rio has never had a pass rusher half as good as miller.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Just because we don't have a name like Wilfork or Ngata in the middle of our line doesn't mean the line is awful. It's improved mightily since last year. I would say they are definitely susceptible in nickel packages to the run, but that's more a functional of the LBs than the DL.

I agree that 'no-names' can often be much better than their better known counterparts, I don't think I am on my own when I say that the Bills D-Line is better than the Bronco's

Basically, if the O-Line can perform like they did in Week 4, I will expect us to be able to create holes for Ridley/Bolden and keep Brady upright.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola Status: Being Severely Underutilised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 5 of 45

Jump to: