Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Everyone's favorite fivehead: Broncos @ Patriots GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
Patriots
71%
 71%  [ 20 ]
Broncos
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48469
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
I'm assuming that 6-1, 210 Ras-I Dowling will play the Tavon Wilson big nickel role against the Broncos while Wilson plays one of the safety spots.
Let's hope so. Nate Ebner proved during his few snaps last week that he's not ready for prime time.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9228
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL
Gene Steratore set to work as referee for #Patriots & #Broncos on Sunday, per @footballzebras.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12508
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
I'm assuming that 6-1, 210 Ras-I Dowling will play the Tavon Wilson big nickel role against the Broncos while Wilson plays one of the safety spots.
Let's hope so. Nate Ebner proved during his few snaps last week that he's not ready for prime time.

To be fair, he was dropped into the game cold at a time that the Patriots were in firm control. If he was being coached up to start this week, I think the results wouldn't be quite so disastrous. That being said, he's not starting or playing much this week unless there's another injury or things get out of hand score-wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48469
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
I'm assuming that 6-1, 210 Ras-I Dowling will play the Tavon Wilson big nickel role against the Broncos while Wilson plays one of the safety spots.
Let's hope so. Nate Ebner proved during his few snaps last week that he's not ready for prime time.

To be fair, he was dropped into the game cold at a time that the Patriots were in firm control. If he was being coached up to start this week, I think the results wouldn't be quite so disastrous. That being said, he's not starting or playing much this week unless there's another injury or things get out of hand score-wise.
You may well be right, but the way he reacted on that Brad Smith TD was not encouraging.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12508
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
I'm assuming that 6-1, 210 Ras-I Dowling will play the Tavon Wilson big nickel role against the Broncos while Wilson plays one of the safety spots.
Let's hope so. Nate Ebner proved during his few snaps last week that he's not ready for prime time.

To be fair, he was dropped into the game cold at a time that the Patriots were in firm control. If he was being coached up to start this week, I think the results wouldn't be quite so disastrous. That being said, he's not starting or playing much this week unless there's another injury or things get out of hand score-wise.
You may well be right, but the way he reacted on that Brad Smith TD was not encouraging.

If this was a guy that had been playing football his whole life and had multiple years of college experience on defense, I might be concerned. As it stands, he's probably got about a high school sophomore's worth of meaningful snaps under his belt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15840
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
If this was a guy that had been playing football his whole life and had multiple years of college experience on defense, I might be concerned. As it stands, he's probably got about a high school sophomore's worth of meaningful snaps under his belt.

Yeah, I forget the exact quote and where I saw it, but it basically said that that the Pats coaches know that Ebner has no idea what is going on, but that his instincts are preventing him from being completely embarrassed. Once the game slows down for him, he'll be just fine. I think he's a future starter in a year or two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7665
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:

Yeah, I forget the exact quote and where I saw it, but it basically said that that the Pats coaches know that Ebner has no idea what is going on, but that his instincts are preventing him from being completely embarrassed. Once the game slows down for him, he'll be just fine. I think he's a future starter in a year or two.


If that's true... how the hell did he play 3 snaps at OSU?

Watching him play in the preseason, his ability to fight blocks going downhill looked clearly above average for an NFL safety. I mean, a guy like Chung is considered a good "in-the-box" safety, and he has a pretty hard time getting off blocks.

Preseason might be nothing like the NFL, but all those guys were top-flight college players. You're telling me this big kid with 4.4 speed and supposed "instincts" couldn't even sniff the field? I get that he's not one of the booster binkies but still.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9228
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Yeah, I forget the exact quote and where I saw it, but it basically said that that the Pats coaches know that Ebner has no idea what is going on, but that his instincts are preventing him from being completely embarrassed. Once the game slows down for him, he'll be just fine. I think he's a future starter in a year or two.


If that's true... how the hell did he play 3 snaps at OSU?

Watching him play in the preseason, his ability to fight blocks going downhill looked clearly above average for an NFL safety. I mean, a guy like Chung is considered a good "in-the-box" safety, and he has a pretty hard time getting off blocks.

Preseason might be nothing like the NFL, but all those guys were top-flight college players. You're telling me this big kid with 4.4 speed and supposed "instincts" couldn't even sniff the field? I get that he's not one of the booster binkies but still.


Guess you didn't see any OSU games in 2011.
As much as I like Luke Fickell and Mike Vrabel, the entire coaching staff looked like it was run by clowns.

It took them 11 games...11 games to finally put a stud true freshman WLB Ryan Shazier (who will be a future 1st rd pick in the NFL) on the field vs Michigan. He had around 15 tackles while playing with a sprained MCL. It took them 4 games to put Braxton Miller over that disgusting turd of a QB who, for a minor league pitcher, absolutely had no accuracy whatsoever to throw a ball.

Also, aside from the Akron game where he got 3 snaps at Nickel CB/S, OSU, when they won games, barely beat those teams. Therefore he couldn't get snaps in during garbage time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12508
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Yeah, I forget the exact quote and where I saw it, but it basically said that that the Pats coaches know that Ebner has no idea what is going on, but that his instincts are preventing him from being completely embarrassed. Once the game slows down for him, he'll be just fine. I think he's a future starter in a year or two.


If that's true... how the hell did he play 3 snaps at OSU?

Watching him play in the preseason, his ability to fight blocks going downhill looked clearly above average for an NFL safety. I mean, a guy like Chung is considered a good "in-the-box" safety, and he has a pretty hard time getting off blocks.

Preseason might be nothing like the NFL, but all those guys were top-flight college players. You're telling me this big kid with 4.4 speed and supposed "instincts" couldn't even sniff the field? I get that he's not one of the booster binkies but still.

You know, I see questions like this all the time surrounding football, and it baffles me. Football is one of the most ritualized, regimented sports in existence, and people have to wonder why logic-defying decisions take place with alarming regularity? Part of Belichick's success is that he is far less of a slave to these forces that are so prevalent in the culture of football. He realizes more than most that tradition and orthodoxy are just nooses someone else tied for you to hang yourself by; that so many in the coaching ranks kick their own chair out, willingly, in service to these precepts is not surprising. College coaches are probably the worst of the lot, so when a kid that might not have even touched a football before arriving on campus is in line for some snaps with the defense, it's easy to see why his opportunity might have been scuttled by the coaching staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40683
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More of the media attention has been focused on when tight end Aaron Hernandez might return for the Patriots, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Belichick and his staff are actually more concerned about Rob Gronkowski from a health perspective. It's my understanding that Gronkowski has been dealing with significant pain these last two weeks. He's listed on the injury report with a hip ailment, and we know of the back problems from his college days at Arizona. He had his snaps scaled back last week in the win over Buffalo (he had an uncharacteristic lost fumble in that game), and was limited throughout this past week in practice. Gronkowski is as tough as they come, but this is something I'll be watching closely.


http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4731587/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-124
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 16522
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Gronk or Aaron couldn't go today that'd be huge for Denver, both of them abused Denver last season.

Looks like Chris Kuper could be back in the starting lineup today.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalton


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 2794
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love injuries. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12508
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... poor weather, a tough injury situation and an opposing QB that is best beaten by playing to win the field position and time of possession game. Stevan Ridley, I hope you're ready.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15840
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hernandez is inactive, as expected.

Hightower, unexpectedly, is as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40683
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Patriots inactives against the #Broncos: Edelman, Gregory, Hightower, Hernandez, Tennant, Hoomanawanui, Bequette.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/255019259271446528

Sad Sad Sad

Quote:
Broncos inactives against the #Patriots: C. Hanie, C. Davis, S. Siliga, S. Johnson, D. Ihenacho, J. Thomas, K. Moreno.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/255019853717585920
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 7 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group