Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not as worried about the Texans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Not as worried about the Texans Reply with quote

While the Texans are obviously a very very good team, the way that people were talking about them, and since I hadn't watched them play this season until tonight...I was thinking they were some type of unstoppable force with no weaknesses.

After watching the game I gotta say I like our chances, and would be pretty comfortable facing them. Before I thought they were the undisputed powerhouse (granted from the hype I heard and not what I witnessed) of the AFC but now I'm not so sure.

JJ Watt is a beast, and Schaub, Foster, and Johnson can make big plays that will definitely hurt...

But after watching them play a horrible Jets team, and their offense slowed down kind of often by a battered defense, I think Brady and co would do just fine.

I'm confident that the no huddle would really give the Texans D problems and tire out that pass rush, which would obviously help the run game as well. Having two good RBs is such an advantage, being able to rest each one and stay fresh.

The Texans will put up points on our D, that's a given, but I really don't think Schaub will be able to keep up with Brady and all the weapons we have.

What do you think? Are the Texans a lot more mortal than everyone thought? Or did they just have a bad game?

I personally think its a bit of both.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the next two games against Green Bay and Baltimore will be more telling about how strong the Texans really are. Even then, the Texans game is still 9 weeks away, its too early to start thinking about it IMO. Chances are good that the two teams will be very different then than they are now. I think the defense has a chance to get better as the season goes on as the rookies settle in and get comfortable, or they might get hit with injuries like Houston did last night with Cushing. A lot can happen between now and then.
Rec: 100 (3rd in NFL)
Yds: 1,172 (9th in NFL)
TDs: 4
Stickin' it in Bill's face one game at a time.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Not as worried about the Texans Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
I was thinking they were some type of unstoppable force with no weaknesses.

The Texans are IMO a half step above the field right now in the AFC (though, let's see how they fare without Cushing).

Their secondary hasn't regressed like I thought it might and their DL and pass rush can win games on their own.

However, I'd say their offense isn't as good as I thought it could be and they have benefited from excellent field position thanks to the great defense. They still lack a dangerous #2 WR threat and neither Martin nor Posey have been that guy. Daniels, Casey and Walter can make plays and shouldn't be overlooked, but probably can't make enough to win a game if a team is effective in limiting the running game and Andre Johnson.

All that said, we've seen time and time again that teams that can consistently get to the QB and disrupt the passing game can go a long way. Throw in an above average (or very good) offense and the Texans are clearly ahead of the Pats right now. though that could change as the year goes on if the Pats defense can stop collapsing late in games and if the Texans suffer a few injuries on offense (and their core players aren't exactly the most durable)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Lestar Jean is that guy, the Texans just haven't figured it out yet.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Packers shred the Texans, I wouldn't be too worried about the Pats ability to score points.

Watching Russell Wilson demolish the Patriots defense though......that makes me think Houston would drop 35+ on New England.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Watching the Packers shred the Texans, I wouldn't be too worried about the Pats ability to score points.

Watching Russell Wilson demolish the Patriots defense though......that makes me think Houston would drop 35+ on New England.

Completely agree...

I have complete confidence the pats can walk all over the Texans D, especially now without Cushing...

But watching just how putrid our secondary is...I can't help but have nightmares about what a good QB with real weapons will do to us in return.

Today was such an awful day...not only did the pats lose, but I watched Eli manning and aaron rodgers completely light it up against much better teams then the one we lost to today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think right now you'd be best served worrying about the Patriots.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
I think right now you'd be best served worrying about the Patriots.

1.) Did you read my post directly above???

2.) You do realize I made this thread BEFORE this game...therefore I was under the crazy impression we had a good chance to make it to the AFCCG, which would most likely be against them.

3.) We play them in the regular season as well...and I'm guessing it will end up being a very important game...one of the most important of the season, so I think it's perfectly fine to "worry" about them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: