Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just Collecting A Paycheck???
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13595
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Just Collecting A Paycheck??? Reply with quote

Do you guys remember a couple of years ago when Derek Anderson was videotaped laughing after a game in which he had a QBR of 6? Or, when Michael Irvin told the story about then Jimmy Johnson arrived and Irvin went into Johnson's office with a list of every player on the team who had told him after a loss... "it's okay rookie. Just collect your paycheck."

Well, Dallas Morning News ran this story 2 days ago...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121005-should-cowboys-be-laughing-on-sidelines-while-getting-blown-out.ece

At the center of this story is Doug Free and Mac Burninduece...



Seriously, like the Derek Anderson incident, these are the LAST 2 people who should be enjoying themselves on the sidelines. They have easily been 2 of the worst OLmen in the NFL this season. I think everybody would agree that Free is currently the most overpaid OLmen in the NFL based on production. I can see Burningduece just being happy to have a job in the NFL after playing the bench in Carolina last hear. I can understand him being very happy that Jerry made him a millionaire.

Is this photo evidence that these guys are just happy to collect a paycheck???

Who's is cool with this and doesn't think it's a big deal?

Most importantly... Do the RKGs laugh it up on the sideline during a blowout?
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaBoys


Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Posts: 3296
Location: J.J. Wilcox fan club headquarters
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that too, but I shook it off because it was directly after they scored a touchdown.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheStarStillShines


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 8791
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one should be laughing on the sidelines during a loss. The Boys' teams of the '90s never accepted a loss. Instead, they got angry and practised harder the next week. I will always remember the scowls on the faces of Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, etc. They'll be standing on the sidelines as close to the action as possible and looking mad. You wouldn't find them on the bench laughing or even sulking. Instead, they wanted to watch the beating or how the opposition reacted and used it as motivation for the next week.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4055
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find. Very disturbing indeed. Two of the poorer performing players on what is clearly the poorest performing unit on the club laughing it up when they are getting destroyed. Shouldn't happen. These guys are lucky to be employed based upon how poorly they have played. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Let the spin doctoring begin.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spends


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 934
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree about these two guys sucking and being the last two who should be seen enjoying themselves - if this was taken right after a touchdown then I think it was taken out of context and we should be talking about more important things.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mco65


Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 534
Location: US
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think its much ado about nothing. Unless your sitting right next to them and can hear what the conversation is about you simply can only GUESS what might have caused them to laugh or smile at that moment.

Levity is not a bad thing, regardless of the situation. If they were laughing it up the entire 2nd half them I might take issue but a 10 second clip at the end of a game DOES NOT tell the WHOLE story!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28996
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Personally I think its much ado about nothing. Unless your sitting right next to them and can hear what the conversation is about you simply can only GUESS what might have caused them to laugh or smile at that moment.

Levity is not a bad thing, regardless of the situation. If they were laughing it up the entire 2nd half them I might take issue but a 10 second clip at the end of a game DOES NOT tell the WHOLE story!


It's enough for the media to blow things out of proportion.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4055
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attitude has been an issue on this club for a long time. There is no reason to be laughing when you have just been dismantled on national television and these two jokers are the worst performers on the poorest performing unit on the club. If I were a teammate I would want an explanation. Maybe they were happy that they didn't have as many penalties, pressures, or sacks given up as they thought they would have. Scoring a meaningless TD in garbage time of a blowout is nothing to celebrate. The cheques (Canadian spelling) aren't bouncing so these clowns have nothing to worry about.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38472
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Attitude has been an issue on this club for a long time. There is no reason to be laughing when you have just been dismantled on national television and these two jokers are the worst performers on the poorest performing unit on the club. If I were a teammate I would want an explanation. Maybe they were happy that they didn't have as many penalties, pressures, or sacks given up as they thought they would have. Scoring a meaningless TD in garbage time of a blowout is nothing to celebrate. The cheques (Canadian spelling) aren't bouncing so these clowns have nothing to worry about.


I agree with this whole post. Here's to hoping JG makes an example out of them.
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dboys88-82


Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut. Them. Both.

Its time for Jerry to let the team know this kind of poor play and attitude will not be tolerated. I thought Jason and Stephen would have done this by now. I dont care if Dockery and Parnell are the back ups. Throw them in there. They cant be much worse. Maybe they will even be better.
_________________

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3671
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I don't like this at all. Those two guys are the scum of one of the 3 worst OLs in the NFL. There is absolutely no reason to be laughing like that at that point in the game. Granted, this was high school, but when we were getting blown out and playing like poppycock, I wanted to deck any and all of my teammates who were laughing and joking around. These guys should despise losing to the point it makes them sick. Pitiful in my eyes.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28996
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Yea, I don't like this at all. Those two guys are the scum of one of the 3 worst OLs in the NFL. There is absolutely no reason to be laughing like that at that point in the game. Granted, this was high school, but when we were getting blown out and playing like poppycock, I wanted to deck any and all of my teammates who were laughing and joking around. These guys should despise losing to the point it makes them sick. Pitiful in my eyes.


Maybe Bernadeau told Free he's a good player?
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3671
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Yea, I don't like this at all. Those two guys are the scum of one of the 3 worst OLs in the NFL. There is absolutely no reason to be laughing like that at that point in the game. Granted, this was high school, but when we were getting blown out and playing like poppycock, I wanted to deck any and all of my teammates who were laughing and joking around. These guys should despise losing to the point it makes them sick. Pitiful in my eyes.


Maybe Bernadeau told Free he's a good player?


Could be. More than likely though, they were discussing the most recent episode of Honey Boo Boo.


_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4055
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Yea, I don't like this at all. Those two guys are the scum of one of the 3 worst OLs in the NFL. There is absolutely no reason to be laughing like that at that point in the game. Granted, this was high school, but when we were getting blown out and playing like poppycock, I wanted to deck any and all of my teammates who were laughing and joking around. These guys should despise losing to the point it makes them sick. Pitiful in my eyes.


Maybe Bernadeau told Free he's a good player?


That would be something to laugh about.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3607
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dboys88-82"]Cut. Them. Both.

Its time for Jerry to let the team know this kind of poor play and attitude will not be tolerated. I thought Jason and Stephen would have done this by now. I dont care if Dockery and Parnell are the back ups. Throw them in there. They cant be much worse. Maybe they will even be better.[/quote

Cutting Bernadeau would be good but Free also? Do you want to tank the season with Dockery AND Parnell starting?

I say in the offseason we consider moving Free to RG and draft a C first and OT for the future. The only way I would want Free to stay at RT is if a talented OG fell to us in the second round (like Cooper for example).
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group