Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Discussing Dallas Defense [Ware vs Lee]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Is this some immaculate deception to distract us from that abomination last night?

...No.

There are several threads you can comment about how badly we got bent over and spanked.

However, the world does turn. And this site should not shut down because everyone is rightfully upset. No one is forcing you to contribute to this thread... Confused

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
superfly3176

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Connor sucks. I'm just saying Lee goes down and Connor has to come in, our pass defense will suck.

If Ware goes down we have no pass rush at all.

At this point I'm taking Ware, in two years as Lee comes into the start of his prime and Ware comes into the rear end of his prime that maybe different.
JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched plenty of film on both these guys snap for snap and my answer would have to be DeMarcus Ware.

There is one thing that separates these two star players, which would be the pass rush. While I understand that rushing the passer is mainly what Ware was brought in here to do, this of which will help my point. DeMarcus Ware and Sean Lee are on the same level when it comes to playing the run, no one will want to run to the side DeMarcus Ware is line up on. This being said if you do not get a good block on Lee your play will be disrupted immediately. When playing in coverage, I as well would have to equal them both, they can both cover their men with no troubles what so ever. When it comes to being a game changer they are both great at it, while Sean Lee is able to do his in coverage. Ware is able to make game changing sacks and fumbles. The part that separates then as I said earlier would be pass rush, when Sean Lee goes to rush the passer he struggles to get off blockers. We all know Ware's ability to rush the passer and against double to triple team. I would also ask you this, if you were to flip their positions who would do the better job?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love 'em both!

Lee is one of the best young LBs in the league and probably a top 5 middle LB. IMO Ware is simply the best defensive player in the league and he is in the TOP 5 of EVERYONE's list...

So Ware is tops but it may not stay that way. I think Ware has peaked and is still at his PEAK but Lee could and should get even better than he is now. Eventually there will be a changing of the guard between Ware and Lee. Hopefully that wont happen for some time because that would likely mean that Ware is on the way down.
Ace5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Love 'em both!

Lee is one of the best young LBs in the league and probably a top 5 middle LB. IMO Ware is simply the best defensive player in the league and he is in the TOP 5 of EVERYONE's list...

So Ware is tops but it may not stay that way. I think Ware has peaked and is still at his PEAK but Lee could and should get even better than he is now. Eventually there will be a changing of the guard between Ware and Lee. Hopefully that wont happen for some time because that would likely mean that Ware is on the way down.

I'm with him. Let's just be happy we have both. They both reek of awesome.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without ware we have NO pash rush....and no one to legitimately FEAR on this defense.....so yeah.....i LOVE lee.....but this is ware......we would be awful without him
mco65

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Ware is the best player on the team.. He is easily the most consistently dominant player... I think Ware could retire today and be elected into the HOF... not sure anyone else on the team can say that.. maybe Witten but I don't think that is a gimme.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any team, any situation I feel Lee can get it done. Passing game? Full faith in him. Running game? Full faith in him. We don't really blitz him, but that's because he is too valuable in coverage. He is slowly creeping up on guys like Patrick Willis, and the NFL will be taking notice.

Ware is great, his numbers speak for that. However, I have always felt his sacks and strips come when it almost doesn't matter (not that is true, it matters but its the perception of it like a first down sack and they end up getting a first down anyway for example.). He doesn't seem to seal the game or take advantage of bad offensive lines. He is solid, though not great in pass coverage and I think he is under rated in the run game for he doesn't get many tackles but he is great at holding the edge and forcing the runner in.

If I had to take one, it is tough but I go Lee. He is all over the place and makes tons of third downs stops, game altering INTs while Ware plays at a very high level and is a huge piece of the team but I feel he disappears on the big moments. I'm not saying that's all the makes a player, but with two elite super stars, that "it" factor is always going to push one guy over the other in my books.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
mco65

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Any team, any situation I feel Lee can get it done. Passing game? Full faith in him. Running game? Full faith in him. We don't really blitz him, but that's because he is too valuable in coverage. He is slowly creeping up on guys like Patrick Willis, and the NFL will be taking notice.

Ware is great, his numbers speak for that. However, I have always felt his sacks and strips come when it almost doesn't matter (not that is true, it matters but its the perception of it like a first down sack and they end up getting a first down anyway for example.). He doesn't seem to seal the game or take advantage of bad offensive lines. He is solid, though not great in pass coverage and I think he is under rated in the run game for he doesn't get many tackles but he is great at holding the edge and forcing the runner in.

If I had to take one, it is tough but I go Lee. He is all over the place and makes tons of third downs stops, game altering INTs while Ware plays at a very high level and is a huge piece of the team but I feel he disappears on the big moments. I'm not saying that's all the makes a player, but with two elite super stars, that "it" factor is always going to push one guy over the other in my books.

Just off the top of my head I remember a MONDAY NIGHT Barn Burner with the Eagles.. the Cowboys won 40 something to 30 something.. I know that it was less than a TD and the Eagles had the final possession and Ware sacked McNabb on 4th or perhaps sacked him and forced a fumble not sure I only remember the Ware sack ended the game... that's just one.. I am sure there are others but out of the 100 plus sacks Ware now has, of course most are NOT Walk Offs..
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ware Sack/FF on Brees was another - he also called and setup the Spencer Sacking/FF on Grossman to end that game.

Sig courtesy of mack.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant replace either of them. Pretty much

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I have watched plenty of film on both these guys snap for snap and my answer would have to be DeMarcus Ware.

There is one thing that separates these two star players, which would be the pass rush. While I understand that rushing the passer is mainly what Ware was brought in here to do, this of which will help my point. DeMarcus Ware and Sean Lee are on the same level when it comes to playing the run, no one will want to run to the side DeMarcus Ware is line up on. This being said if you do not get a good block on Lee your play will be disrupted immediately. When playing in coverage, I as well would have to equal them both, they can both cover their men with no troubles what so ever. When it comes to being a game changer they are both great at it, while Sean Lee is able to do his in coverage. Ware is able to make game changing sacks and fumbles. The part that separates then as I said earlier would be pass rush, when Sean Lee goes to rush the passer he struggles to get off blockers. We all know Ware's ability to rush the passer and against double to triple team. I would also ask you this, if you were to flip their positions who would do the better job?

I think I won, next question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: