Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Week 4 Player of the Week?
Greg Zuerlein: 4/4 FG, Long- 60
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Umm...the placeholder?
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

D9-EM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just woke up, slightly drunk, still wearing my jersey like wtf happened? Then I looked on my computer and saw this...

Its gonna be a good day...
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with this team what we perceive as needs in the draft now could end up being much different by the end of the year.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D9-EM wrote:
Just woke up, slightly drunk, still wearing my jersey like wtf happened? Then I looked on my computer and saw this...

Its gonna be a good day...

Long and Quinn wrecked havoc yesterday in the passing game. Both played well against the run too. Quinn has now shown he help in the run game and now just needs be consistent.
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
As good as Hunter has played, I hope Saffold comes back soon. Getting him and Wells back will be a big boost for the team.

Smith saw some time at LG yesterday also.

Hunter the last two games combined: no sacks, one hit, and three hurries.

Going up against two pretty damn good Dlines.

Ramster, do you have a replay of the game? I forgot to DVR the game and would like to see how Bradford looked again a day later.

Just bumping this, got paged.

El Ramster on this beaut!
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Imo if we want Bradford to be better we need to get him weapons. The Elite QBs in this league have weapons. Theres no getting around it.
Do you suggest a trade? Rams have plenty of ammo.

1st or 2nd for Mike Wallace please.

IDK If I would suggest a trade. Would anyone argue with me that if we had mike wallace we would be 3-1 at the very least?

IDK why people cant look at the elite QBs in the league and see that ALL of them have elite/good weapons...the "elite qbs make their weapons better" crap is overblown. I think they do make players better, but they arent working with scrubs like we have and putting up elite numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Imo if we want Bradford to be better we need to get him weapons. The Elite QBs in this league have weapons. Theres no getting around it.
Do you suggest a trade? Rams have plenty of ammo.

1st or 2nd for Mike Wallace please.

IDK If I would suggest a trade. Would anyone argue with me that if we had mike wallace we would be 3-1 at the very least?

IDK why people cant look at the elite QBs in the league and see that ALL of them have elite/good weapons...the "elite qbs make their weapons better" crap is overblown. I think they do make players better, but they arent working with scrubs like we have and putting up elite numbers.

I agree, I think the QB and WR make each other better as the develop chemistry and trust in each other.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
As good as Hunter has played, I hope Saffold comes back soon. Getting him and Wells back will be a big boost for the team.

Smith saw some time at LG yesterday also.

Hunter the last two games combined: no sacks, one hit, and three hurries.

Going up against two pretty damn good Dlines.

Ramster, do you have a replay of the game? I forgot to DVR the game and would like to see how Bradford looked again a day later.

Just bumping this, got paged.

Saw that but Hunter is still a backup in my opinion. The way he is playing though, he is making a case to keep him around longer as the 3rd tackle definitely. He is over 30 I believe though.
D9-EM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Edit: LOL

El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Neither player had great games against St. Louis last year, and now the Rams have upgraded all three cornerback spots. Cortland Finnegan (+6.4) was added in free agency, Janoris Jenkins (+0.7 coverage) was added in the draft and Bradley Fletcher (+5.6) has returned from injury. Quarterbacks have a rating of 64.2 when going up against St. Louis in large part thanks to these upgrades, which is the lowest rating in the league.

before last nights game..

Now post game stats..

Quinn and Long Pin Their Ears Back

The latest players to benefit from playing the Arizona Cardinals, and their pair of dreadfully outmatched offensive tackles, were Chris Long and Robert Quinn. While Long didn’t quite see the bump in his sack total that we believed that he might do from facing Bobby Massie, he still added another nine pressures (1 sack, 1 hit, 7 hurries) to take his season total to 34 after just five games. At his current pace, that will give him 109 total pressures for a 16 game season, a simply astonishing number that would obliterate the 83 he got last season.

There was nothing cryptic about the dominance of the Rams’ defensive ends in this game. Both Massie and D’Anthony Batiste were simply outmatched physically and athletically against two athletic former first-round defensive ends. Batiste allowed Quinn to have the best game of his two-year career (+8.0) as he recorded 11 pressures which included a career high three sacks — his first ever multiple-sack game. Those 11 pressures nearly doubled his season total, and the Rams will hope that this sparks Quinn’s sophomore season after a disappointingly slow start to his first year as a starter.

Going Flat After a Fast Start

The Rams entered his game having failed to score an offensive touchdown since the first play of the fourth quarter in their Week 2 win over the Redskins. They set about immediately fixing that with a crisp opening drive, every single play a pass, to jump out to a quick lead. However, that spark of offense didn’t last and when they again lost Danny Amendola to injury, they looked short of ideas. As Amendola is such an integral part of the offense, it is confusing that the Rams didn’t look to get in a similar player over the preseason, especially after the deleterious effect that his loss had on their offense last season. Without the big play to Chris Givens that all but sealed the Rams’ victory, this game would have become a lot more uncomfortable for the Rams and left the door open for the ‘Cardiac Cards’ to spring another comeback. The running game led by Steven Jackson (+1.6 rushing) was solid but it wasn’t strong enough to really dominate the game and, more importantly, put more points on the board. With Amendola’s injury confirmed as a broken collarbone the pressure will be on for Sam Bradford to get more in-sync with his other receivers. Otherwise, this offense could be headed for more of the same struggles that they suffered in the past fortnight.

Dunbar Shows his Potential

Trapped for the start of his career in a defense that asks far too much of its linebackers, it was a little surprising to see JoLonn Dunbar follow his former defensive coordinator to St Louis. However, with Gregg Williams suspended, Dunbar has shown the talent that was lost in that defense. Outside of a dreadful display on Sunday at home to Seattle he has been a positive contributor for the Rams’ defense. He has missed only five defensive snaps all season and his performance against the Cardinals marked the fourth time this year he has recorded at least four defensive stops in a game. Dunbar highlighted his versatility in this game as the Rams chose to send him on 14 blitzes to stretch the Cardinals’ underwhelming offensive line. And it worked. On his 14 blitzes, Dunbar recorded a sack and three hurries as the Cardinals struggled to cope with the Rams’ down linemen, let alone locate and pick-up blitzes from the second level. This week Dunbar combined well with James Laurinaitis (+0.6) at middle linebacker. Having missed a combined five tackles against Seattle, the pairing only missed two this week. The Rams will need their linebackers to continue in this vein of form if the offense struggles through Amendola’s absence.

Game Notes

- Even for a team that was playing from behind for the entire game the Cardinals spent a lot of time (28% of their offensive snaps) in their four wide receiver sets. First-round rookie Michael Floyd played at least 30 snaps for the third week in a row.

- The Rams’ defense recorded 46 total pressures in last night’s game… just let that sink in for a moment — 46. That is almost three times as many as they averaged per game last season (17.7).

- Veteran safety Adrian Wilson missed his first snaps of the season in a game that he started (having missed their Week 3 win over Philadelphia entirely). The Cardinals replaced him on two defensive snaps, to counter the Rams’ three wide set, with William Gay.

PFF Game Ball

This was a game for defense and no player was more dominant than Robert Quinn who put in easily the best performance of his young career. The Rams must start to see more performances like this from Quinn against more capable left tackles than D’Anthony Batiste.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Louis Rams executive Kevin Demoff left team headquarters on a stretcher after fainting, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

A team spokesman I contacted said Demoff was alert and that paramedics were taking him to the hospital as a precaution.

Demoff, who is in his 30s, has been with the organization since 2009. He played a role in the Rams' major front-office and coaching hirings. As chief operating officer, he also negotiates player contracts and manages the salary cap

via espn..

maybe he fainted because were over 500?
jk..I hope he's fine..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went back and rewatched the Game Tape. I counted 6 drops (3 from danny, 2 Givens, and 1 Kendricks) We also had one blown up Screen play and also an easy completion batted down by Campbell. On top of the Drops, there was 3 Miscomunications/Receivers getting tangled on a route. All those were well thrown balls too. He was being Hit 4 or 5 times while letting go of the ball.

There were only 2 complete overthrows, and the one to Pettis wasnt nearly as easy as I thought it was. Really only 3 bad decisions I saw, and in each of those you can see why he tried to make that play, he just should know better.

So going back, of the 14 incompletions, he only had about 5 throws that I would want to take back. There were 6 drops in there, and 3 more plays in which his WR wasnt where he expected them to be. So while the Raw 7/21 looks bad, His play wasnt anywhere close to that
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola has a "shoulder separation where the collarbone meets the chest," according to a source who has spoken to the player.

Amendola's collarbone is not broken and he is expected to miss six to seven weeks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Quote:
St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola has a "shoulder separation where the collarbone meets the chest," according to a source who has spoken to the player.

Amendola's collarbone is not broken and he is expected to miss six to seven weeks
Schefter reported an expected 6 weeks, & could be sooner. Thats the range I would look for him to be back out there. With more of a 7-8 weeks till he is back to full strength
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So like week 12 or 13 to expect him back?

El Ramster on this beaut!
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I just went back and rewatched the Game Tape. I counted 6 drops (3 from danny, 2 Givens, and 1 Kendricks) We also had one blown up Screen play and also an easy completion batted down by Campbell. On top of the Drops, there was 3 Miscomunications/Receivers getting tangled on a route. All those were well thrown balls too. He was being Hit 4 or 5 times while letting go of the ball.

There were only 2 complete overthrows, and the one to Pettis wasnt nearly as easy as I thought it was. Really only 3 bad decisions I saw, and in each of those you can see why he tried to make that play, he just should know better.

So going back, of the 14 incompletions, he only had about 5 throws that I would want to take back. There were 6 drops in there, and 3 more plays in which his WR wasnt where he expected them to be. So while the Raw 7/21 looks bad, His play wasnt anywhere close to that

There were some drops, but I think assuming the "miss communications" were purely the fault of the WR is suspect. Bradford isn't playing with consistency. We know he has the skill set, but will he develop the mental aspects of the game? I'm reserving judgement until his season is over, and I hope that is week 17 or after.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: