Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weakest positions after 4 games.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Weakest positions after 4 games. Reply with quote

1. Free safety Young and Hagg both below average. A ball hawking safety would really improve this team.
2. Right guard Lauvao has not improved much.
3. Left guard same as Lauvao has not improved much. Sad because I thought Pinkston would.
4. W.R. Mainly because of the drops.
5. Punter Hodges has been way below average.
6. c.b. I'd like to get a taller corner to go against taller receivers. Lot of corners in this draft 6 foot or bigger.
7. def. end Rucker-Parker combo are above average but it would be nice to get a better pass rusher. Good draft for def. ends.

Now I still have high hopes for our younger players like Hagg,Lauvao,Pinkston, the receivers,Skrine and Wade at corner.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Weakest positions after 4 games. Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
1. Free safety Young and Hagg both below average. A ball hawking safety would really improve this team.
3. Left guard same as Lauvao has not improved much. Sad because I thought Pinkston would.
6. c.b. I'd like to get a taller corner to go against taller receivers. Lot of corners in this draft 6 foot or bigger.
7. def. end Rucker-Parker combo are above average but it would be nice to get a better pass rusher. Good draft for def. ends.

Now I still have high hopes for our younger players like Hagg,Lauvao,Pinkston, the receivers,Skrine and Wade at corner.

Weakest position has to be WR's. They're just too young and inexperienced, and now injuries have thinned them out even more. They'll improve as the year goes on, but thus far they've been lacking.
CB would be my second choice, but obviously that's just because Haden has been out for three of the past four.
DawgX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guard. I hoped Pinkston would take the next step but he hasn't and Lauvao is awful. Pinkston is okay at pass blocking but the Browns have trouble in the running game mainly due to these two.

I'd say free safety might be the team's next biggest need. Many think Cleveland's biggest need on defense is a defensive end but I think they need a free safety more.

Smack on the sig.
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. CB. After Haden there is a severe downgrade. Patterson is decent and Skrine is improving, but they should be our nickle and dime backs.

2. Guard. We need a good road grading, run blocking, nasty guard that can pull to allow Richardson more running room.

3. WR. There is a nice young core but they need to work on route running and catching the damn ball. We need a small shifty receiver that can make catches. Had hopes that Norwood would develop but he simply hasn't.

4. Punt team. Not only Hodges but all of them need to get their stuff together.

5. Pass rushing DE. Looks like we improved our run defense but we need someone to get after the QB on the 3-4 man rushes. The last two games have had trouble getting to the QB. I think if we could have got the kind of pressure on Dalton, Fitz, and Flacco that we did on Vick, we could very possibly be a 2-2 team right now.

6. FS. I think the lack of having an above average #2 CB shows our weakness at FS. Could use an upgrade. The amount of time the QB has to throw the ball in the last 3 games is insane and that magnifies all our secondary problems.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO its guards...

DB looks weak because we are missing our #1 DB and our #2 has been battling injuries

with our guards, they are suppose to be healthy and they are all first string players.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Safety and its not even close... Put Ed Reed back there
and our CB look a lot better.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Guard
2. Free safety
3. WR

<3 JF
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think FS is our weakest position right now.

G and LB follow.

WR gets a bye until the end of the season for judgement.

ditto for CB.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OG, like Buno said earlier I feel is the performing the worst given who is at that position. These guys are supposed to be 1st string starters, but they look terrible.

Most of the other spots that look bad are either to young players which must play to develop, or injuries.

The only exceptions that come to mind is #2CB. Brown has injuries AND is old... He needs to replaced.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our guards are some of the worst in the league. They are the reason Richardson hasn't been able to break loose. I bet we trade somehow to get a 2nd and take a guard like Frederick if he declares.

<3 JF
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Weakest positions after 4 games. Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:

I'd separate offense and defense as it muddys the water IMO.

On D
#1 No consistent pass rush from the RDE spot and Shread isn't lighting the world on fire ether.
#2 Our corners are getting out muscled and bullied by opposing WR's
#3 Our saftys have gotton beat deep and don't have an INT or hardly any PBU's

On O
#1 Young WR's not catching the Ball and not running crisp/correct routes.
#2 Guard play
#3 FB play

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must see improvement at:

1. FS
2. OG, both of them
3. DE
4. CB
5. FB
6. WR

Otherwise, these become our big needs on draft night. (except for FB, that goes to Smelley.)

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
cattleman78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I forgot full back. Full backs are easy to get in free agency and late in the draft. Smelley does have some promise.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "bad" guard play is over blown. They have both been [inappropriate/removed] good as you can ask in pass pro I mean every guard is going to give up some pressure period. As far as the run game goes I have seen Trent miss some big runs because he ran into the back of a lineman/pile. I've seen some big holes. I'm not saying I'm worried about Richardson either because its a rookie thing and he'll learn to be more patient and when he does he'll see those holes and cut back lanes.

When your fullback is routinely missing his only responsiblity it looks like the guards/center are not doing there job. I can think of at least 4 times already Marecic completely whiffed on a LB filling the hole then Richardson had no where to go. I know its easy to blame the line but on every one of those plays the guards and center were actually on blocks. I mean come on you can't even ask Bruce Matthews to block a DT and LB all at once.

As far as the weakest position it is a clear cut 1 and 2 IMO and that is 1) CB and 2) FS. Obviously CB is going to drastically improve when we get Haden back but that doesn't eliminate the need to improve the position. FS is a given to struggle as we have a 3rd round bust, 7th round 2nd year player and a undrafted rookie free agent.

The third weakest position has been linebacker. We are missing Chris Gocong in a huge way this year. We finally have a good DE who can set the edge in the run game but now we lack a stout linebacker scrapping to fill which Gocong was great at doing. He was easily the must undeservingly disrespected player on the team. As good as D'Qwell Jackson is he has never and will never be very good at fighting through and off blockers to make the play at the line. He is always making the play 4, 5 and 8 yards down field. We really miss a powerful player like Gocong who fights off blockers to meet backs in the hole.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
OG, like Buno said earlier I feel is the performing the worst given who is at that position. These guys are supposed to be 1st string starters, but they look terrible.

Most of the other spots that look bad are either to young players which must play to develop, or injuries.

The only exceptions that come to mind is #2CB. Brown has injuries AND is old... He needs to replaced.

Do you not realize that every position in question is young? Like, less than 2 years starting/playing young.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: