Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W5 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (4-0) vs. Washington Redskins (2-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5-0 Falcons! Game Ball goes to the Defense and TG! Julio honorary mention!

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Robinson has played awesome this season. He really stepped up his game when Grimes went down

FIFY

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another stressful game from a fan's perspective, but I'll always take a W.

5-0 for the first time. Let's continue to rewrite Falcons history.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
tech2186

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also feel like props should be given to Dunta Robinson. He has played his a%$ off this year. I didn't think he had it in him but he has bee our best CB thus far. Hope he continues to play like that.

ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see us persevere a tough one like that after the shaky start.

Im still in awe of Tony G. This was a defining game of our survival based on his reliability. He's quite possibly playing the best football of his life, his skill and technique out there right now are nothing short of astounding imo

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Glad to see us persevere a tough one like that after the shaky start.

Im still in awe of Tony G. This was a defining game of our survival based on his reliability. He's quite possibly playing the best football of his life, his skill and technique out there right now are nothing short of astounding imo

That's why I'm confused on why he plans to retire. I know he wants to "go out on top of his game" or whatever but he could probably do that 5 years from now lol...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ You can never predict injuries. The longer he plays, the greater the chance of an injury halting his career. Same reason Cal Ripken retired on his own terms.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
^ You can never predict injuries. The longer he plays, the greater the chance of an injury halting his career. Same reason Cal Ripken retired on his own terms.

His injury record is impeccable. He knows how to play hard without getting put in risky situations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

His injury record is impeccable. He knows how to play hard without getting put in risky situations.
Gonzo is an animal. He is probably one of the most well conditioned athletes in the game. I see no reason why he should pack it up. If you still love the game play it. He is still playing at a high level.

Keep bringing him back on 1 year deals. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt holds Gonzo hostage every year. Gonzo almost makes Ryan's job too easy some times.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

Gonzo is an animal. He is probably one of the most well conditioned athletes in the game. I see no reason why he should pack it up. If you still love the game play it. He is still playing at a high level.

Keep bringing him back on 1 year deals. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt holds Gonzo hostage every year. Gonzo almost makes Ryan's job too easy some times.

He has top 3 stats for a TE in the NFL right now IIRC. Not sure why he thinks he needs to retire. I would love to wait one more year to get his replacement and use this year's first on a RB, LB, DT or whatever.. I used to think RB but after seeing Dent not playing well we could get a LB. If Te'o starts to fall we could trade up. After seeing how we can get immediate game changers like Julio by giving up a few later picks (this time not moving up 21 spots maybe 10 or so, don't want to give up 2 firsts) that aren't sure things for a guy like Julio sounds pretty damn good to me. If not that we could get one of the top 3 RBs with a late first rounder. I could see Giovani Bernard or Joseph Randle being options we would consider.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Gonzo wants to retire to spend more time with family. You can't blame him--he has a smokin' hot wife. A football probably isn't the only thing he can slam between the goal posts with authority.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
adam9 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

He has top 3 stats for a TE in the NFL right now IIRC. Not sure why he thinks he needs to retire. I would love to wait one more year to get his replacement and use this year's first on a RB, LB, DT or whatever.. I used to think RB but after seeing Dent not playing well we could get a LB. If Te'o starts to fall we could trade up. After seeing how we can get immediate game changers like Julio by giving up a few later picks (this time not moving up 21 spots maybe 10 or so, don't want to give up 2 firsts) that aren't sure things for a guy like Julio sounds pretty damn good to me. If not that we could get one of the top 3 RBs with a late first rounder. I could see Giovani Bernard or Joseph Randle being options we would consider.

I would love to see Tony play another year too. But if we are fortunate to win it all there would be no need to for him. That being said, I believe DE, TE, RB and LB would be the top needs. DT is a need but we have Peters coming back. MLB is a position that isn't as important as it once was so I dunno if drafting that in the 1st is necessary. THat seems like more of a 3rd round position. RB is a need and I also hope we draft a bigger speed guy in later rounds as well. As for the 1st round, I'd like to see this team draft a DE that has some consistent pass rush ability. This team still has issues bringing pressure from its front 4. Until we get that, we cannot be an elite playoff team.

JFalconFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get over how well TG and Robinson have played thus far this year. Great game. One thing it really takes to win a super bowl is the ability to not faulted under adversity. Weve showed lots of that.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Peters on reserve non football injury list and when will he return?

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
Why is Peters on reserve non football injury list and when will he return?

He sustained a mysterious foot injury that no one outside of the organization knows much about. I think he is eligible to return after the bye week, but I have no idea how healthy he is.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: