Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could the Saints end up drafting Barkley and shipping Brees?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Bucs fan I sure hope they do Laughing

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Matt Barkley is not that good. This is as silly as saying why not trade Brees for Kyle Orton...

I agree with this. Better yet, trade him for a 7th round, bring in Jamarcus Russell aas our starter, cut Jimmy Graham, and while we are at it, take Peyton deep in the swamps and shoot him in the back of the head.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
64 330 2 62

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
81 6 1
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:
If the Saints end up with the #1 pick, Brees should never be called an elite QB again.

Better yet, even in the top 5.

A team with Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, or Eli, would never be in position to draft that high.

LOLWHAT?! Elis defense routinely had to step it up late in the season so the Giants could make the playoffs. You'll do anything to talk up the less talented Manning brother huh?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:
If the Saints end up with the #1 pick, Brees should never be called an elite QB again.

A team with Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, or Eli, would never be in position to draft that high.

LOLWHAT?! Elis defense routinely had to step it up late in the season so the Giants could make the playoffs. You'll do anything to talk up the less talented Manning brother huh?

Whats your point? Missing the playoffs and being the number 1 pick is a huge difference. I agree no team with an elite QB should draft number 1.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Whats your point? Missing the playoffs and being the number 1 pick is a huge difference. I agree no team with an elite QB should draft number 1.

I'd agree with you if our offense came to a grinding halt. How is it Brees fault that our defense couldn't stop the likes of Washington, Carolina and Kansas City from driving up and down the field as they please? Blaming Brees for the failure of the Saints is just laughable, incredibly laughable.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

I'd agree with you if our offense came to a grinding halt. How is it Brees fault that our defense couldn't stop the likes of Washington, Carolina and Kansas City from driving up and down the field as they please? Blaming Brees for the failure of the Saints is just laughable, incredibly laughable.

Score more points. Dont turn the ball over. If you think the offense wasnt an issue in that KC game I dont know what to tell you. You had less than 300 yards of offense.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Score more points. Dont turn the ball over. If you think the offense wasnt an issue in that KC game I dont know what to tell you. You had less than 300 yards of offense.

Its pretty obvious you haven't watched any Saints game. We pass the ball about 85% of the time due to terrible play calling and our defense being the worst in the league, that makes it incredibly hard to move the ball as it its incredibly easy to beat a one dimensional team, it also doesn't help that both of our OTs are getting beaten worse than Wayne Hunter. Drew Brees has been far from the problem in New Orleans, he's the only reason we've even been close to being competitive in football games.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Its pretty obvious you haven't watched any Saints game. We pass the ball about 85% of the time due to terrible play calling and our defense being the worst in the league, that makes it incredibly hard to move the ball as it its incredibly easy to beat a one dimensional team, it also doesn't help that both of our OTs are getting beaten worse than Wayne Hunter. Drew Brees has been far from the problem in New Orleans, he's the only reason we've even been close to being competitive in football games.

You said if the offense came to a grounding halt. I was saying against KC your offense did fail. Yall should have easily won that game. You didnt gain over 300 yards. If you pass 85% of the time and you dont gain 300 yards the elite QB has to shoulder some of the blame.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

You said if the offense came to a grounding halt. I was saying against KC your offense did fail. Yall should have easily won that game. You didnt gain over 300 yards. If you pass 85% of the time and you dont gain 300 yards the elite QB has to shoulder some of the blame.

Again, watch the games. Drew Brees was pressured all game, we WOULD have won that game had our defense stopped the pathetic excuse of the Chiefs offense. Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles ALL had crucial drops in that game. Drew Brees is the LAST person who should be taking any blame for this Saints season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely no way this happens.

1) no way the saints have a top 5 pick

2) they will go best defensive player available

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Again, watch the games. Drew Brees was pressured all game, we WOULD have won that game had our defense stopped the pathetic excuse of the Chiefs offense. Marques Colston, Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles ALL had crucial drops in that game. Drew Brees is the LAST person who should be taking any blame for this Saints season.

Look man nobody is blaming Brees. All he said is no team with an elite QB should get the number one pick. Can you think of any team this has ever happen to unless the elite QB got injured and missed at least 10 or more games.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

Look man nobody is blaming Brees. All he said is no team with an elite QB should get the number one pick. Can you think of any team this has ever happen to unless the elite QB got injured and missed at least 10 or more games.

No but I could go the opposite way and bring up Matt Cassel leading the Patriots to an 11-5 record. Why? Because the Pats still had Bill, the Saints don't have Payton or his system. Football is a team sport, it doesn't matter if the Saints drop 40 a game and Brees plays out of his mind because the defense would just allow 50.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
NYGFan101 wrote:

No but I could go the opposite way and bring up Matt Cassel leading the Patriots to an 11-5 record. Why? Because the Pats still had Bill, the Saints don't have Payton or his system. Football is a team sport, it doesn't matter if the Saints drop 40 a game and Brees plays out of his mind because the defense would just allow 50.

Well when that happens we discuss it.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you not watch the Packers game? Brees had an incredible game, the defense and our receivers key drops at the end of the game cost us that game.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has an elite QB ever had the worst HC and defense in the NFL in one season, along with his WR's leading the league in drops?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: