Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could the Saints end up drafting Barkley and shipping Brees?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flash22 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
cant they just trade the pick for a kings ransom like STL got?

NO!

The rams were put in a bidding war..

...remind me what is gonna stop Buffao, NY Jets and Kansas City from getting into a similar bidding war? There are still teams that need a QB, you know.

Lack of elite QB prospects.

Geno is an elite QB prospect and so is Barkley for some reason

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

NO!

...remind me what is gonna stop Buffao, NY Jets and Kansas City from getting into a similar bidding war? There are still teams that need a QB, you know.

Unless Geno Smith is available at the Saints' pick, I don't want the Jets trading up for a QB.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flash22 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

NO!

Lack of elite QB prospects.

Remind me how much of an "elite" prospect Robert Griffin III was this time last season. Guy was considered a good prospect, yes...but nowhere NEAR top 2-3 status early in the CFB season. A monster year for Baylor, a Heisman trophy, some great workouts...and bam, elite prospect.

Prospects rise and fall like wind, and this QB class has several guys who can go from "good" QB prospect to "elite" QB prospect. Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, EJ Manuel...any one of these names can suddenly ramp up and get themselves as "elite" all it takes is a good 7-10 games on Saturday.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People do realize that in the event of a trade prorated cap hits of bonus monies (whether they've already been paid out or not) all compound into a single-year cap-hit, right?

And Brees' record contract was designed in such as way as to give the Saints flexibility on the immediate front - not so much on the back end. Unless Drew retires first, the Saints are committed to him for the life of that contract, as what's being suggested here would be that the team would eat a $21+ million cap hit just to trade him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
People do realize that in the event of a trade prorated cap hits of bonus monies (whether they've already been paid out or not) all compound into a single-year cap-hit, right?

And Brees' record contract was designed in such as way as to give the Saints flexibility on the immediate front - not so much on the back end. Unless Drew retires first, the Saints are committed to him for the life of that contract, as what's being suggested here would be that the team would eat a $21+ million cap hit just to trade him.

I would say that this is the main road-bloack in this scenario. If there was no cap hit I don't this concept would be nearly as nuts as it sounds when first heard.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised this thread has lasted 7 pages, considering a) there is no chance the Saints will finish that high, and b) there is no way they even consdier doing this unless Brees is injured or wants out.

As someone mentioned...they just paid the man. The cap hit would be crazy and he is still a top QB that could conveivably play at a top level for 4 or 5 more years.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Surprised this thread has lasted 7 pages, considering a) there is no chance the Saints will finish that high, and b) there is no way they even consdier doing this unless Brees is injured or wants out.

As someone mentioned...they just paid the man. The cap hit would be crazy and he is still a top QB that could conveivably play at a top level for 4 or 5 more years.

You beat me to the why is this thread X pages long post

I mean seriously it's a complete joke. Are people watching the games??

The Saints are terrible because of their DEFENSE. Hello?

And the idea that the Saints will finish this season with 2-4 wins, yeah good luck with that.

And even if they did it would be ASININE to get rid of Brees. Not only a proven elite Super Bowl winning QB with no Peyton Manning age or injury concern, but a guy whose done as much as he has done for that community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: