Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrius Heyward-Bey could be cap casualty?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Darrius Heyward-Bey could be cap casualty? Reply with quote

The San Francisco Chronicle mentioned Tommy Kelly (who will surely be cut) and DHB (mild surprise for me) as potential cap casualties.

Cutting DHB would save over $7.5 million dollars apparently. Do you think they outright cut him or he possibly restructures his contract? Just one year removed from a relative breakout season, this is a guy I wouldn't mind in Chicago taking the top off defenses next year.

What's your take on him, guys? Since you know him better than I do.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect him to restructure. If not he will be cut, I don't expect him to be kept around with that contract. If say 75% he restructures, 24% he is cut 1% he is kept at that number

EDIT: As far as him as a player he isn't the burner a lot of people think he is. And by that I don't mean he isn't fast because he can fly, but his deep patterns need a lot of refinement, he isn't a jump ball receiver and needs to work on his hands and jumping for all passes even very catchable ones. He's best when he runs short to intermediate quick hitting routes get the ball in his hands and let him use his size and speed to get YAC

Last edited by Raiders4sho! on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Darrius Heyward-Bey could be cap casualty? Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
The San Francisco Chronicle mentioned Tommy Kelly (who will surely be cut) and DHB (mild surprise for me) as potential cap casualties.

Cutting DHB would save over $7.5 million dollars apparently. Do you think they outright cut him or he possibly restructures his contract? Just one year removed from a relative breakout season, this is a guy I wouldn't mind in Chicago taking the top off defenses next year.

Well he's not your guy. He's borderline worthless as a deep threat. He doesn't track the ball or adjust and attach it in the air.

He's a poor body pass catcher. He drops balls on 3rd downs that hit him in the chest constantly.

He'll give you a few plays here and there, but overall he's not someone you want starting on your team. Below average pass catch, above average YAC WR.

I look for him to be cut outright, because he's simply not very good. Might come back cheap, but they might want to find a better ball catcher or give Streater/Criner more looks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see hin restructuring to a more reasonable cap number. Id honestly would rather see him gone. Some around here will give you the " hes a hard worker/good teammate" speech but the fact is he cant catch the ball without using his body as a back stop and he has zero ball skills... two thing you would expect to have in your #1 WR.

Also using him as a a guy to take the top off defenses is not playing to his strengths. His speed doesnt translate to the field like that. Hes more suited as a slant/screen type WR.
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Darrius Heyward-Bey could be cap casualty? Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

Well he's not your guy. He's borderline worthless as a deep threat. He doesn't track the ball or adjust and attach it in the air.

He's a poor body pass catcher. He drops balls on 3rd downs that hit him in the chest constantly.

He'll give you a few plays here and there, but overall he's not someone you want starting on your team. Below average pass catch, above average YAC WR.

I look for him to be cut outright, because he's simply not very good. Might come back cheap, but they might want to find a better ball catcher or give Streater/Criner more looks.

He is still faster and better than Jeffery at this point. If he can take a safety off of Marshall it would be huge for them. I agree with most you said but I think with Marshall and him as a number 2 would be a good look for DHB.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda hope he is gone really. I just want to start fresh honestly.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Dwayne Bowe!
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I sure hope he's cut or at least restructured dramatically, he's nothing more than a 3rd at best. And no to bowe, he's a clown. We will be fine at WR next year with ford back.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to keep Kelly btw, he has about 2 good years left, him and Houston make a good duo .
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
I expect him to restructure. If not he will be cut, I don't expect him to be kept around with that contract. If say 75% he restructures, 24% he is cut 1% he is kept at that number

EDIT: As far as him as a player he isn't the burner a lot of people think he is. And by that I don't mean he isn't fast because he can fly, but his deep patterns need a lot of refinement, he isn't a jump ball receiver and needs to work on his hands and jumping for all passes even very catchable ones. He's best when he runs short to intermediate quick hitting routes get the ball in his hands and let him use his size and speed to get YAC

Despite inconsistent hands most CBs play 10 yards off him often leaving themselves exposed to comeback routes which seems to be DHBs favorite route. Because DBs play him for the deep ball it is very difficult for DHB to create space for himself over the top making the deep ball even more of a challenge for a WR who struggles tracking the ball. In addition, DHB is an adept run blocker and a hard worker. A quality addition for a run first team, once DHB clears waivers, in need of a WR2 as long as expectations are low as he wilts under pressure and the system isn't complicated as he struggles with site reads. However, DHB has displayed toughness and durability. IMO, perfect for an outside cold weather team ground team in the Midwest like Clev, Pitt, Cinn, Balt, Minn or Chicago.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Well I sure hope he's cut or at least restructured dramatically, he's nothing more than a 3rd at best. And no to bowe, he's a clown. We will be fine at WR next year with ford back.
He's a clown with size, hands, and skills in the redzone.
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sounds of it, he is what he we need.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:

huh? nobody needs drops-hella-balls.

but if you want him you can have him for a 3rd.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

huh? nobody needs drops-hella-balls.

but if you want him you can have him for a 3rd.

Apparently Chicago needs a receiver that can't catch and isn't a deep threat even though he has elite speed. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Darrius Heyward-Bey could be cap casualty? Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

why do you guys keep acting like dhb is dropping all the balls

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=receiving&rank=232&year=

d.moore was 2nd in the afc in drops with 9 on 115 targets ( .078)

ya boy myers was 6th in the afc with 7 on 105 targets (.066)

dmac had 6 on 63 targets (.09)

dhb had 5 drops all year good for 20th in the afc on 80 targets (.062)

actually dhb had the lowest drop rate this year
and dmac had the highest drop rate

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: