Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: "Mercy Rule" Texans @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this game?
Houston Texans
53%
 53%  [ 17 ]
New York Jets
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Geno Smith
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen.

A tweet from Terrell Owens.

Who will be out?
elitewolverine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point adding TO wouldn't hurt the circus just add to it. I say do it, ohhh please please please do it.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We picked a bad year to suck. The Colts might be the favorite to win the second Wild Card spot.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Cushing has a torn ACL.

Shocked

I didn't think it was that bad when I saw it.

That blows. We know more than anyone how injuries can hurt your team.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The energy in the stands was awesome tonight. People really went hard until the end. I'm proud of this team. They fought hard against a team that is probably the best in the NFL, and was in position to win the game at the end. Considering all the injuries and what not, I'd say the Jets played a pretty good game.

That being said, losing is always unacceptable. There were countless opportunities left on the field by the offense. Unforced errors plagued the Jets once again. It's hard to really pin blame on anyone. Sanchez is throwing the ball to Kerley, Schilens and Cumberland. His INT's were both tipped passes, which is ridiculous. I don't want to come off as a Sanchez apologist, because I do think he left a lot on the field as well. He certainly could have elevated the play of those around him, and he didn't/couldn't.

I also got pretty frustrated by some of the coaching calls that were made. That onside kick is completely idiotic. You just swung momentum in your favor, you can't get greedy like that and try to go for it all. Let your D try to ride the momentum and make a stop. That failed kick gave something back to the Texans.

There also should have been better usage of Tebow. Why not let him try to punch the ball into the endzone? This RZ opportunity and the Sanchez pick are really what lost this game for us.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen.

A tweet from Terrell Owens.

I might as well tweet the same thing.
Can't hurt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Tebow and Sanchez are not the answers. Mark missed a wide open Cro, threw it too low 3 times (tipped) and high and behind cumberland. I'd give his game (considering his WR's) a C+. He kept us in the game... but also kinda blew it for us with this low passes.

THe question is what happens to get this team back to winning.

Front office:
Mike T has to take the fall. Horrible drafting, horrible contracts, bad in FA.
Rex gets a pass, but is on the "warm seat" We need to get back to drafting Jets players: smart, fundamently sound, good locker room guys. Lets erase the circus label NOW.

Offense:
Need a dynamic RB
Need a dynamic WR
Need a RT, G
Need to think about future QB. Mark's mistakes just havent been cleaned up. ITs been 4 years. He is not our Sanchise...

Defense:
True disruptive NT
OLB's
ILB (replace Scott)
Cover Safety
The thing with this defense is that we cant clog the middle like we could with Jenkins and we are way too slow with our LB's.
We cant get to the QB even with 1st round Couples. The only position on the whole team we good at is CB (assuming Revis comes back and is healthy).
Open to thoughts....
tebow is the good natured, high character guy youre talking about and he IS the circus.

idk why, but I'm encouraged by this game. I think we can realistically slide in as a wildcard. We played an elite team well and really that's call we can ask for. If we play like this every week, there's no reason we can't go 9-7 or 10-6....and if you recall correctly, I had us going between 5-11 and 8-8 in the beginning of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of hoping to see Grimes get some carries.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proud of the way the Jets played. In fact, from what seemed to be a blowout on paper, it was actually frustrating to see some of the plays left on the field that could have lead to a win. Credit goes to the Texans defense and Watt in particular, who continues to play out of his mind. I've said it before and I'll say it again, football is a game of inches and the Jets, sans the Niners game, aren't missing by much with their offense. They are close to playing as well as they did in Buffalo, if they correct a few things, and some of that may be personnel.

Like many have said before me, the running game needs to step it up. The lineman need to grow some balls and open some holes, and the backs need to break some tackles for a change.

The most disappointing part of this season IMO is not the injuries, but the porous run defense and lack of pass rush. The secondary will always be a strength of this team it seems, but there is no excuse for the front seven not to start playing to their potential. More than Sanchez or anyone else on the offense, the defense needs to show us more. That's not only for this year, but for the future as well. The Dunbar move looks more and more overrated every day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunbar move?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just happy this team played tough, and honestly I'm not expecting anything else the rest of the year, so as long as they just continue to play hard that's all I'll ask for.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good week guys, just wish we could of both came out of the game without injury. Yall played hard and we clearly were off our game, wish yall the best of luck the rest of the way and try and knock off the Pats for us please. Laughing
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:
Tebow and Sanchez are not the answers. Mark missed a wide open Cro, threw it too low 3 times (tipped) and high and behind cumberland. I'd give his game (considering his WR's) a C+. He kept us in the game... but also kinda blew it for us with this low passes.

THe question is what happens to get this team back to winning.

Front office:
Mike T has to take the fall. Horrible drafting, horrible contracts, bad in FA.
Rex gets a pass, but is on the "warm seat" We need to get back to drafting Jets players: smart, fundamently sound, good locker room guys. Lets erase the circus label NOW.

Offense:
Need a dynamic RB
Need a dynamic WR
Need a RT, G
Need to think about future QB. Mark's mistakes just havent been cleaned up. ITs been 4 years. He is not our Sanchise...

Defense:
True disruptive NT
OLB's
ILB (replace Scott)
Cover Safety
The thing with this defense is that we cant clog the middle like we could with Jenkins and we are way too slow with our LB's.
We cant get to the QB even with 1st round Couples. The only position on the whole team we good at is CB (assuming Revis comes back and is healthy).
Open to thoughts....
tebow is the good natured, high character guy youre talking about and he IS the circus.

idk why, but I'm encouraged by this game. I think we can realistically slide in as a wildcard. We played an elite team well and really that's call we can ask for. If we play like this every week, there's no reason we can't go 9-7 or 10-6....and if you recall correctly, I had us going between 5-11 and 8-8 in the beginning of the year.

Tebow isnt a circus, but his celebrity status brings the circus. Its not his fault, its the media's (mainly espn) and Woody's. With that said, he cant be blamed for it, but my comment above is simple- i dont think he is the answer to what this team needs.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
For some reasons, I feel like Texans teased ET80 too much. Not cool.

FIFY. Very Happy

All in all - Great game overall from the Jets. It was a nearly insurmountable situation, with Revis, Holmes, Keller and others out. Everyone had this being a smear-fest, but the Jets pulled out some FIGHT in this game, and I came away impressed with the heart and tenacity that the Jets had. While I might not like his antics and situation off the field, Antonio Cromartie is one HELL of a player - kept a top 5 WR in check, burned a top 5 CB on a stutter/go route in the SAME GAME!? Holy hell, that guy is good.

This team just faced the teeth of the schedule, and really showed something against the Texans yesterday. I think the talk of this team "quitting" is very overblown, media spin looking to throw Rex Ryan under a bus. This team fought, and fought hard for the W...and there were several times in which it looked like it could of happened.

Good luck for the rest of the year, do us a favor and beat New England a few times. Very Happy

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I don't know how much this came across on TV or how much it was covered, but there were quite loud and widespread boos when Walker and Gastinaeu thanked Woody Johnson. Some writers tried to say they booed Tannenbaum, but it was so clearly directed at Johnson for the most part.

When they showed his face on the jumbotron, it was priceless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: