Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley next.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley next. Reply with quote

Carson Palmer is undoubtedly a top 10 QB, this has nothing to do with him. However as a franchise, the Raiders need a franchise QB who's going to be good and there to STAY. Imagine the kind of pull Oakland could get if they got someone like Geno Smith on over there. Would make for an amazing 2013 season. Thoughts?
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley nex Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Carson Palmer is undoubtedly a top 10 QB, this has nothing to do with him. However as a franchise, the Raiders need a franchise QB who's going to be good and there to STAY. Imagine the kind of pull Oakland could get if they got someone like Geno Smith on over there. Would make for an amazing 2013 season. Thoughts?

1. Palmer is definitely not a top 10 qb imo.
2. I love Geno. I would be stoked if we got him and had him sit behind Palmer for a year.
3. I guess we would have to put Pryor at TE or WR?
4. I hate Barkley.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson is undoubtedly a top 10 QB?

Rodgers
Brady
Peyton
Brees
Eli
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Big Ben
Rivers
Stafford

Who do you pick him over?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
Carson is undoubtedly a top 10 QB?

Rodgers
Brady
Peyton
Brees
Eli
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Big Ben
Rivers
Stafford

Who do you pick him over?

Arguably Stafford and Flacco. They are inconsistent at best. The thread isn't about ranking Carson Palmer though..don't get hung up on that. I am not trying to start a ranking war with anybody. Ranks are generally based off stats and opinions. I'm a slightly biased with my Palmer top 10 QB rating, due to me being a huge fan.

Anyways though, yes I agree Geno Smith would be a great starter for next year. I had to get this out of my head, because I've been thinking about it all day. The man would look legit in a Raider jersey as well.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting a QB will definitely upgrade our Defense which scares nobody.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would consider Geno Smith

say no to Barkley
Jones or Bray
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be paying attention to Tyler Wilson.

Arkansas is having a rough go this season and people are not talking about Wilson as much. Offseason will likely boost his stock back up.

Big arm, athletic, hangs in the pocket and has a lot of confidence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense first b/c.... well, WE DON'T HAVE ONE. Geno Smith is overrated and doesn't play defense. No thanks.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Defense first b/c.... well, WE DON'T HAVE ONE. Geno Smith is overrated and doesn't play defense. No thanks.

Why is Geno overrated? Because he through 8 TDs last week? I mean the guy has always shown great skill for the position.

My draft board would look like this:

Premier passrusher
Trade down
Franchise QB

If I can't land a top flight, day 1 impact pass rusher w/ the pick. I look to trade back and add a second tier pass rusher or top flight CB. If no trade value comes my way, I take the franchise QB.

End of the day, you have to have a franchise QB to win consistently, so it's not the worst idea.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

Why is he overrated?
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer has been really good this year, and I'd love to have Geno come in and sit behind him, but we need a pass rusher. The giants, packers and steelers all had a great pass rusher (or pass rushers). You get to the QB you help out your CBs. It's a passing league you need to be able to fight that.

The only way I can sign off on Geno or any QB in the draft is if we get our pass rusher or CB in free agency.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Why is he overrated?

He's not. He was underrated coming into the season. Been putting up nice numbers then had his 8TD game last week, drew mainstream attention and now he's "overrated". Funny how that works.

Smith is a stud. Went back to West Va and improved his game from his junior year. He lives in the film room by all accounts, has a good head on his shoulders and really gets after it as a competitor. A lot of confidence and poise in his game.

Can't wait to see him take on Texas this week. Much bigger test for him. The games are getting more difficult so it will be interesting to see how he continues the season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Why is he overrated?

JTagg likes the Miami of Ohio QB more than Geno
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Why is Geno overrated? Because he through 8 TDs last week? I mean the guy has always shown great skill for the position.

My draft board would look like this:

Premier passrusher
Trade down
Franchise QB

If I can't land a top flight, day 1 impact pass rusher w/ the pick. I look to trade back and add a second tier pass rusher or top flight CB. If no trade value comes my way, I take the franchise QB.

End of the day, you have to have a franchise QB to win consistently, so it's not the worst idea.

Exactly why you said, last week. People are instantly busting ones over this guy, saying he should be a top overall pick etc etc. No.

He's a good passer and athlete but he has his issues also. Mid-first as of now and I would be willing to bet after some things are seen, he may fall back a little more. He's improved his deep balls but he still lofts them and locks onto WRs. I have, what I feel are legitimate issues, w/ his arm strength also. People are going to go crazy over his numbers and forget the fact that he's barely played a defense this season.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Why is he overrated?

JTagg likes the Miami of Ohio QB more than Geno

I believe Dysert has more pro potential but Smith will be ready sooner. Better release, seems smarter on the field, better arm strength, better size, better mechanics....

It's not going to translate as him being better it's just what I've seen and my opinion on the matter.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: