Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley next.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I never called any of you idiots…Second the dropped int comment is valid. How is it not? When CP’s supporters keep falling back on “he’s only thrown 2 ints” well he made poor decisions and threw passes right to defenders that were dropped. Sure it looks better in the stat book. Kevin Kolb has more TD passes than CP.

There is no reasoning with some of you. You’re all right and I’m wrong. All hail Carson Palmer and his mediocrity. Hopefully we keep this guy through the end of his career continue to pay him all-pro money, while he leads us to .500 each year. Then it will be funny to read your comments of how he should be replaced.

There is nothing to gain by posting on here anymore, so I’m out for good. Anytime someone disagrees with some of you, there is no chance of having a rational conversation. You guys become sarcastic and a bit childish. Treat fellow Raiders fans as trolls.

Hopefully somehow this team turns it around and becomes somewhat competitive. Go Raiders!!! Hoping Reggie and the staff lead us in the right direction.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Both Barkley and Bray seem to be poor leaders, Bray has more fire in him than Barkley though. Bray reminds me of Philip Rivers as far as attitude is concerned, but I didn't follow Rivers in college and I know that Bray has some real accuracy problems and will most likely play one more year.

I want nothing to do with Barkley though, just don't understand the hype and don't like QB's with average arms.

I hope we don't go QB in the first round unless it's Geno or we somehow trade our first for two, and even then I'd rather not get one from this class.

You honestly think Matt Barkley is a poor leader? He started four years at one of the best high school football programs in the nation and is the first quarterback in USC's history to be a four year starter, which is saying a lot. Barkley has won at every level and has all of the intangibles you look for in a quarterback and as a player that you want to be one of the faces of your franchise. Does he show his emotion and get rowdy? No. But from all reports he is the sole leader of the USC football program and has been since he stepped foot on campus. For you to use that as an argument as to why you don't want Matt Barkley is hilarious.

I also find it hilarious that you would rather have Tyler Bray, the same guy that can't even hit a parked car with a beer bottle over Barkley. I mean come on, he's just a bust waiting to happen. He chokes in big games, he has shaky footwork, and his mechanics are terrible. One of the most overrated prospects in the draft, whoever takes him is going to regret it. He's too immature to handle leading an NFL team full of men.

I have way to many concerns about Geno Smith to be comfortable with using an early first round pick on him. He's never played in an offense even remotely close to an NFL offense and the level of competition he's faced throughout his college his career has been supbar. The offense he's coming out of has been known to pad stats and make average quarterbacks look a lot better than they are.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
First I never called any of you idiots…Second the dropped int comment is valid. How is it not? When CP’s supporters keep falling back on “he’s only thrown 2 ints” well he made poor decisions and threw passes right to defenders that were dropped. Sure it looks better in the stat book. Kevin Kolb has more TD passes than CP.

There is no reasoning with some of you. You’re all right and I’m wrong. All hail Carson Palmer and his mediocrity. Hopefully we keep this guy through the end of his career continue to pay him all-pro money, while he leads us to .500 each year. Then it will be funny to read your comments of how he should be replaced.

There is nothing to gain by posting on here anymore, so I’m out for good. Anytime someone disagrees with some of you, there is no chance of having a rational conversation. You guys become sarcastic and a bit childish. Treat fellow Raiders fans as trolls.

Hopefully somehow this team turns it around and becomes somewhat competitive. Go Raiders!!! Hoping Reggie and the staff lead us in the right direction.

never really agreed with you throughout the years but i agree about cp and the bold. unfortunately he is better than matt and tp so he has some job security. cp has earned a little bit of respect for not taking sacks or throwing ints. but this team isnt built for him we are rebuilding and he is one year out of retirement tryna chase a ring getting paid. we arent anywhere near a ring. its a bad fit. this game vrs atl is major.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

never really agreed with you throughout the years but i agree about cp and the bold. unfortunately he is better than matt and tp so he has some job security. cp has earned a little bit of respect for not taking sacks or throwing ints. but this team isnt built for him we are rebuilding and he is one year out of retirement tryna chase a ring getting paid. we arent anywhere near a ring. its a bad fit. this game vrs atl is major.

Good post that I can agree with. If the rest of the team is going to continue to be poor, keeping Palmer around doesn't make much sense. He's ready to win now, and we're paying him a lot of money to do so.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Both Barkley and Bray seem to be poor leaders, Bray has more fire in him than Barkley though. Bray reminds me of Philip Rivers as far as attitude is concerned, but I didn't follow Rivers in college and I know that Bray has some real accuracy problems and will most likely play one more year.

I want nothing to do with Barkley though, just don't understand the hype and don't like QB's with average arms.

I hope we don't go QB in the first round unless it's Geno or we somehow trade our first for two, and even then I'd rather not get one from this class.

You honestly think Matt Barkley is a poor leader? He started four years at one of the best high school football programs in the nation and is the first quarterback in USC's history to be a four year starter, which is saying a lot. Barkley has won at every level and has all of the intangibles you look for in a quarterback and as a player that you want to be one of the faces of your franchise. Does he show his emotion and get rowdy? No. But from all reports he is the sole leader of the USC football program and has been since he stepped foot on campus. For you to use that as an argument as to why you don't want Matt Barkley is hilarious.

I also find it hilarious that you would rather have Tyler Bray, the same guy that can't even hit a parked car with a beer bottle over Barkley. I mean come on, he's just a bust waiting to happen. He chokes in big games, he has shaky footwork, and his mechanics are terrible. One of the most overrated prospects in the draft, whoever takes him is going to regret it. He's too immature to handle leading an NFL team full of men.

I have way to many concerns about Geno Smith to be comfortable with using an early first round pick on him. He's never played in an offense even remotely close to an NFL offense and the level of competition he's faced throughout his college his career has been supbar. The offense he's coming out of has been known to pad stats and make average quarterbacks look a lot better than they are.

I have problems with this entire paragraph. First of all, when did we judge QB ability based off the defenses they play? I'm not sure you realize, but RG3 didn't play your SEC defenses either and he still not only won the Heisman, but is succeeding in the NFL his rookie year. Using the same skills he did at Baylor.

You seem incredibly biased towards Barkley and USC, and your signature just more or less proves my point..

Look I'm not saying I don't want Barkley. Afterall, I made the thread and I suggested Smith, Bray, or Barkley.

But saying Geno Smith isn't "qualified", based off your standards is kind of wrong to do. You aren't an NCAA DIV I scout, so how do you know what are looking for?
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Tacos wrote:

I have problems with this entire paragraph. First of all, when did we judge QB ability based off the defenses they play? I'm not sure you realize, but RG3 didn't play your SEC defenses either and he still not only won the Heisman, but is succeeding in the NFL his rookie year. Using the same skills he did at Baylor.

You seem incredibly biased towards Barkley and USC, and your signature just more or less proves my point..

Look I'm not saying I don't want Barkley. Afterall, I made the thread and I suggested Smith, Bray, or Barkley.

But saying Geno Smith isn't "qualified", based off your standards is kind of wrong to do. You aren't an NCAA DIV I scout, so how do you know what are looking for?

The way I see now is this:
Geno probably has more upside, but has little more bust possibility.
Barkley in our WC would be a great QB IMO. He could be Matt Ryan for us, which would be great IMO.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Tacos wrote:

Factually incorrect. He played in a drop back, under center Pro style Offense in 2010. He threw for 2763, 24 TDs and 7 INTs. His offensive coordinator was sacked the following year because of how bad he was, but Geno still did the business.

In addition to this Geno has performed exceptionally when ever he has faced a top 25 ranked D ( I believe 5 times since he has become the starter).

His stats are an irrelevance to me, I just watch him play and see talented arm, accurate, nice mechanics, a great leader/off the field worker coupled with good athleticism. Top 10 Pick, he was before this year and has done nothing to change that.

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be Geno (out of them) for me, but I'd rather we strengthen the D and keep CP & TP
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I personally would be extremely irritated if we took a quarterback with a top ten selection in this years draft. Our secondary and pass rush are a joke and need to be addressed before adding a player that's not even going to see the field for a couple of years.

Show me a top 10 pick at QB in the last 2 years that's not starting for his team right now?

There is more than 1 way to add cover CBs and pass rushers. You have FA and other draft picks.

The team is rebuilding. You don't rebuild around a Carson Palmer who might have only a couple years left.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
I personally would be extremely irritated if we took a quarterback with a top ten selection in this years draft. Our secondary and pass rush are a joke and need to be addressed before adding a player that's not even going to see the field for a couple of years.

Show me a top 10 pick at QB in the last 2 years that's not starting for his team right now?

There is more than 1 way to add cover CBs and pass rushers. You have FA and other draft picks.

The team is rebuilding. You don't rebuild around a Carson Palmer who might have only a couple years left.

I agree. However this leads me to believe we can wait to get a QB. For three reasons. College QB's are getting more and more pro ready and most teams who draft one start them right away. Palmer has at least a year or two left if not more. We still dont know what we have with Pryor, he has improved so lets see where he is at after next off-season. If he can at least take over the backup job we may not need to draft a QB in a couple years.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Tacos wrote:

I don't want any QB with accuracy concerns. Arm strength doesn't concern me, unless they are unable to zip a ball on the intermediate throws- deep balls arent going to be as important if we stick to this offense. Accuracy > power in a traditional WCO. I want a guy who is a good leader, too. I don't know a whole lot about any of the QBs in this class. It seemed like a lot of people here liked Barkley a year ago, but not so much any more. If we go QB I really just hope its not one with accuracy or serious mechanical concerns.

Honestly, Barkley's critics are overreacting to the Stanford game.

Barkley is still a solid, 4 year starting QB. He's been hot and cold to start the season. I've said it again and again, their Oline is terrible at USC and he's not getting a lot of time to throw and gets a lot of pressure.

Here is a nice breakdown of the Utah game:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/10/11/3480702/matt-barkley-vs-utah-2013-nfl-draft-quarterbacks

Shows he's poise in the pocket under pressure and is able to throw a lot of nice strong balls.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
First I never called any of you idiots…

"Some of you guys are complete homers and seem to know little about football."

Close enough.....

Quote:
Second the dropped int comment is valid. How is it not? When CP’s supporters keep falling back on “he’s only thrown 2 ints” well he made poor decisions and threw passes right to defenders that were dropped. Sure it looks better in the stat book. Kevin Kolb has more TD passes than CP.

B/c you're not looking at the other side in favor of supporting your stupid argument. How many dropped TD passes are there? How many dropped passes in general?? If you're going to insinuate the dropped INTs are valid, those MUST also be valid and they kinda negate the dumb point you're attempting to make.

Quote:
There is no reasoning with some of you.

Just trying to be like you, homie!

Quote:
You’re all right and I’m wrong. All hail Carson Palmer and his mediocrity. Hopefully we keep this guy through the end of his career continue to pay him all-pro money, while he leads us to .500 each year. Then it will be funny to read your comments of how he should be replaced.

No need to leave. Do you always walk away when faced w/ an opinion that differs from yours? Do you always run and cower in the corner? If you're going to come to a public place and voice your opinion, you will have people who agree and disagree. This isn't church camp where we all hold hands and sing songs or whatever the hell people do there. It's another instance that mimics life. I guess if you can't handle a little criticism over your viewpoint, than this place isn't for you...... and neither is the internet in general. Just sayin...... Peace

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

Well said. He's always been known as a leader. He's not a 'raw raw' kind of guy, which is fine by me. He smart, his mechanics are great and he leads by example. IMO, there are a majority of people who don't like Barkley because he's a USC QB like Leinart and Sanchez. They want to lump Barkley in that mold.

Bo_Spice wrote:

Exactly on Bray. His accuracy is crap. As Raider fans should no, QBs with accuracy issue are hard to fix.

Bo_Spice wrote:

I'm high no Smith. The offense he plays has a lot of vertical 'NFL type' routes in it. He hits all those throws. The West Va offense is NOT the same as Texas Tech's air raid. It has more elements to it that resemble a pro style offense and route progression. West Va is in the Big 12 now. He looked sharp against Texas and will continue to see some quality defenses down the stretch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
First I never called any of you idiots…

"Some of you guys are complete homers and seem to know little about football."

Close enough.....

Quote:
Second the dropped int comment is valid. How is it not? When CP’s supporters keep falling back on “he’s only thrown 2 ints” well he made poor decisions and threw passes right to defenders that were dropped. Sure it looks better in the stat book. Kevin Kolb has more TD passes than CP.

B/c you're not looking at the other side in favor of supporting your stupid argument. How many dropped TD passes are there? How many dropped passes in general?? If you're going to insinuate the dropped INTs are valid, those MUST also be valid and they kinda negate the dumb point you're attempting to make.

Quote:
There is no reasoning with some of you.

Just trying to be like you, homie!

Quote:
You’re all right and I’m wrong. All hail Carson Palmer and his mediocrity. Hopefully we keep this guy through the end of his career continue to pay him all-pro money, while he leads us to .500 each year. Then it will be funny to read your comments of how he should be replaced.

No need to leave. Do you always walk away when faced w/ an opinion that differs from yours? Do you always run and cower in the corner? If you're going to come to a public place and voice your opinion, you will have people who agree and disagree. This isn't church camp where we all hold hands and sing songs or whatever the hell people do there. It's another instance that mimics life. I guess if you can't handle a little criticism over your viewpoint, than this place isn't for you...... and neither is the internet in general. Just sayin...... Peace

LOL
+1

I guess he isnt even reading the replies. Nobody said they are happy paying Palmer a ton of money, nobody said they are totally happy with him as our QB, nobody said we should keep him for the rest of his career or that we are happy with mediocre seasons. The majority of us agree that his play is better than anyone else on our roster could do, and that if we are unable to get a QB this year in the draft at least we do have a QB so we wont be forced to reach on a QB and pass up better players at other positions of need.

He is not fit for this offense- everyone aknowledges that and that we need to pursue another QB. The only difference is we are not all hating on him this year because when you take a classic drop-back passer, put him in a WCO with a line who is struggling to adapt to the new scheme, take away the run game completely, and add an OC who is calling plays with conservative reads, what do you expect? We arent thrilled about QB play right now, but we also arent blaming him for things he cant control. We are supporting him because, regardless of how well the rest of the offense is playing, Palmer is performing better than anyone else. Yea, insert "skinniest kid at fat camp" comment here, but its still true. There arent 500+ posts about McFadden not running well or the line not blocking well- most of them are all about Palmer and hes the only one doing anything remotely positive.

I'm not sure how that translates to an unreasonable and undying devotion to the Church of Palmer. Nobody said any of the stuff this dude was complaining about.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
IMO, there are a majority of people who don't like Barkley because he's a USC QB like Leinart and Sanchez. They want to lump Barkley in that mold.

Yea, you cant do that. This isnt a Jeff Tedford example, Leinart, Sanchez, and Barkely have all had different head coaches, offensive coordinators, and quarterbacks coaches. The only thing that ties them together is the colors on their jerseys. Its not like they learned from the same people or anything.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Last edited by ZoomWaffle on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24

Jump to: