Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KT's 1/4 through Mock Offseason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: KT's 1/4 through Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Keep MoMass, Jackson and let everyone else walk

Sign ::
FS Louis Delmas
-Really the only FA i'm interested in this year. Most underrated saftey in the league. He would shine if he wasn't stuck on a defense like Detroits.

TE John Phillips
-Backup TE who can block since thats all coaches seem to care about in our TEs.

Trade ::
Usama Young to Washington for 6th

Draft :: We finish 6-10 and pick 9th
1(9). Sam Montgomery DE LSU 6'5 260
-The best all round DE in the draft. He can get to the passer, very stout against the run, great at controlling lineman and shedding blocks. He is a pass rusher we can put in for Frostee Rucker and not lose much against the run.

3. Desmond Trufant CB Washington 6'0 186
-I haven't seen him play much bet he has NFL pedigree and good size.

4. Levine Toilolo TE Stanford 6'8 265
-Big TE who can block and get open in the passing game.

5. Joe Madsen OC West Virginia 6'4 305
-We don't have a true center on the roster if Mack gets hurt.

6. Chris Thompson RB Florida State 5'8 188
-Speedy RB with recieving skills to spell Richardson

6. Ryan Allen P Louisiana Tech 6'2 215
-The best punter in NCAA the last two seasons and Hodges seems to be struggling as the 26th ranked punter right now.

7. Rashad Ross WR Arizona State 5'11 170
-Speedy big play threat who can be tried as a return man.

7. Ezekiel Anasah DE BYU 6'6 270
-Never played football until college and didn't even know what the spot was. Needless to say this guy has big time room to grow. He is a very raw athlete and very powerful man.

UDFA. Zach Brown PK Portland State 6'1 200
-Big time leg. I want Phil the Drill back but we cannot franchise tag him this year and obviously long term talks haven't gone well in the past or we wouldn't have had to tag him 2 season in a row.

QB Brandon Weeden/Colt McCoy/Thaddeus Lewis
RB Trent Richardson/Chris Ogbonnaya/Brandon Jackson/Chris Thompson
FB Brad Smelley
WR Mohamed Massaqoui/Greg Little/Jordan Norwood
WR Josh Gordon/Travis Benjamin/Rashad Ross
TE Jordan Cameron/Levine Toilolo/John Phillips
LT Joe Thomas
LG Jason Pinkston
OC Alex Mack/Joe Madsen
RG Shaun Lauvao/John Greco
RT Mitchell Schwartz/Ryan Miller
DE Jabaal Sheard/Emmanuel Stephens/Ezekiel Anasah
DT Phil Taylor/Billy Winn
DT Ahtyba Rubin/John Hughes
DE Frostee Rucker/Sam Montgomery
LB L.J. Fort/Tank Carder
LB D'Qwell Jackson/Craig Robertson
LB Chris Gocong/James-Michael Johnson
CB Joe Haden/Trevin Wade/Johnson Bademosi
CB Dimitri Patterson/Buster Skrine/Desmond Trufant
FS Louis Delmas/Eric Hagg
SS T.J. Ward/Tashaun Gibson
PK Zach Brown
PT Ryan Allen
LS Christian Yount

With Delmas and Montgomery are defense is going to take a huge step. Kind of a lot riding on Skrine, Wade and Trufant to make take the CB role and run with it.

The offense is going to be much better on experience and chemistry alone.

Special teams needs to improve tackling or Allen's more powerful leg won't help us any and we shouldn't have to rely on FGs anymore when T-Rich and Weeden start getting us Touchdowns.

Its and even younger roster, but at the same time more experienced and poise to be a threat in the NFL. Could be a surprise playoff team easily.

Jamison on the sig
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it but two things.

I'm a galss half full guy and even I cant see us winning 6 games having started 0-4.

WE SIMPLY CANT HAVE THE SAME STARTING GUARDS NEXT YEAR AS WE DO NOW.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
StewieRules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Delmas signing, I agree he's a perfect S for our defense.

We NEED to sign a quality veteran WR, I'd love to grab Wallace if PB's dumb enough to let him walk but Greg Jennings and his speed & experience would do out WR unit wonders. Bowe's a different type but to me, just as good an addition.

Any scenario with Lauvao starting in it is a fail. The guy is just not NFL material. Pinkston isn't far behind him in the garbage rating.

CB, WR, and probably LB if we want a Von Miller type are bigger priorities right now than DE, IMO. (G is to but we wouldnt pick one that early obviously) I like Montgomery a lot, don't get me wrong, but until we can cover WRs (Haden can't do it all by himself) and find ones that can actually catch a football consistently, this team goes nowhere. A guy like Q.Smith or J.Dixon can be had later in the draft.

I like the looking at Stanford's TEs, I think both Toilolo and Ertz could be productive.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the fact you let Phil Dawson walk. Draft pretty good though.

MR. DAWSON NEEDS RESIGNED.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
bulldog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign a FS, it has to be Byrd.

I will be rooting for his FA signing all season.

*edit for reason*

BUF only has 5 FA's this year that make over $1M. Three of which are right at $1M (Tavaris Jackson, Chad Rhinehart, and Kraig Urbik) Two, Spencer Johnson, has a cap number of $3.5M, and McKelvin at $1.5M. BUF has 13 other FA's (including RFA) that make minimum salaries.

They also have guys like Mark Anderson that gets a $1.1M raise against their cap.

Spiller- $500K raise against the cap
Super Mario- $2.1M
Dareus- $1M
Fitzpatrick- $4.4M
Stevie Johnson- $1.3M
Lindell- $1.1M

So, to start the season, the Bill have an additional $11.5M against the cap (just in those 7 players)

The Bills won't have the cap space to sign Levitrie and/or Byrd.

Last edited by bulldog on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like us to sign Andy levitre he is one of the better young guards in the league and can play pretty any position on the line

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
If we sign a FS, it has to be Byrd.

I will be rooting for his FA signing all season.

*edit for reason*

BUF only has 5 FA's this year that make over $1M. Three of which are right at $1M (Tavaris Jackson, Chad Rhinehart, and Kraig Urbik) Two, Spencer Johnson, has a cap number of $3.5M, and McKelvin at $1.5M. BUF has 13 other FA's (including RFA) that make minimum salaries.

They also have guys like Mark Anderson that gets a $1.1M raise against their cap.

Spiller- $500K raise against the cap
Super Mario- $2.1M
Dareus- $1M
Fitzpatrick- $4.4M
Stevie Johnson- $1.3M
Lindell- $1.1M

So, to start the season, the Bill have an additional $11.5M against the cap (just in those 7 players)

The Bills won't have the cap space to sign Levitrie and/or Byrd.

Why would you want to sign Byrd over Delmas? Delmas is a stud. I understand the teams cap situations but that doesn't mean one will sign and the other won't. If we sign Byrd we better sign DRC too Cool

<3 JF
NPBrowns

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see us winning 6 games this year to be honest. Our remaining schedule looks very winnable. There isn't one team on the schedule that I'm like yeah we will lose that game for sure.

- Pittsburgh is not looking great
- Colts are without their HC
- Ravens are at home
- SD has beat Oak, Ten, & KC...teams that are probably worse than us
- Dallas looks all over the board and we have the Bye week before we play them
- Oak is awful
- KC has Crennel, Daboll, and Quinn might be starting for them when we play them
- Was has RGIII and thats it
- Denver at Denver will probably be our toughest game left imo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The bad guard play is over blown.

2. We don't need a vet reciever and Wallace is unrealistic at best.

3. Delmas is a better overall player than Byrd.

4. I want Phil back who doesn't? I just don't see it happening. We cannot tag him this year by league rules and obviously long term talks are not working out well. Trust me I want him back.

5. We will win 6 games deal with it.

Jamison on the sig
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delmas is an absolute monster when healthy! I totally forgot about him as a solid FA acquisition. Unfortunately, I think he signs a cheap contract for a winning franchise that aren't the Lions.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: KT's 1/4 through Mock Offseason Reply with quote

What's Detroit's cap situation look like and who are their other free agents? 'Cause I can't see them letting go of Delmas, especially because their secondary already isn't good so it'd be really bad without him. Even if they can't work out a long-term deal with him, I'm sure they'd use the franchise tag on him. However, I'd love to sign Delmas if the Browns were able to do that somehow. FS is arguably Cleveland's biggest need on defense so signing one of Delmas' caliber would be huge for Cleveland's defense.

Not familiar with Phillips at all. The Browns don't need another tight end. I mean, they cut Evan Moore because they had enough tight ends. Why would they cut him just to use up a roster spot for a tight end who would likely rarely see playing time?

Don't see the point in trading Young for a sixth-round pick. He's a decent backup and the Browns need depth at safety. Having a solid backup at a position of need is more valuable than a sixth-round pick.

Not sure if the Browns end up 6-10. It's possible because I think this team is better than some teams who are 1-3 and they will only get better as they grow together.

I haven't seen much of LSU this year, but I've heard both of LSU's DEs have been slightly disappointing. I need to watch him more before I say if I'd like to draft him or not. If Jarvis Jones is available, then he's the player I want most. Especially because this year's DE class is deep so the Browns could possibly get a good one later on in the draft.

Would be very happy to draft Trufant. I don't think Cleveland's cornerbacks are nearly as bad as some make them out to be, but you can never have too many good cornerbacks. Sheldon Brown isn't as bad as some make him out to be, but he's getting old and is obviously regressing. I think Skrine could become a legitimate starter in the future, but that's far from a sure thing. Even if he does, it still wouldn't hurt to add another good cornerback.

Another tight end!? I don't see it happening. The Browns could use that pick more wisely.

The Browns can't go into next season with Lauvao starting, unless he miraculously really improves between now and the end of the season. Honestly, the Browns might go into next season with two new starters at guard because Pinkston hasn't improved as much as I thought he might.

Patterson shouldn't start at cornerback. It's quite clear that he's much better as a nickel back.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I would like us to sign Andy levitre he is one of the better young guards in the league and can play pretty any position on the line

Picking up Levitre would be a huge signing. I'm thinking he stays in Buffalo as their franchise player, but I'd be all for us getting him. With Levitre signed, we could have Pinkston and Lavaou battle it out for the other guard spot. Winner stays, loser walks.

DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
1. The bad guard play is over blown.

2. We don't need a vet reciever and Wallace is unrealistic at best.

3. Delmas is a better overall player than Byrd.

4. I want Phil back who doesn't? I just don't see it happening. We cannot tag him this year by league rules and obviously long term talks are not working out well. Trust me I want him back.

5. We will win 6 games deal with it.

The guard play is bad. And this is coming from someone who thought Pinkston could become a solid starter. They're not horrible in pass protection, but they're horrible at run blocking. Richardson never seems to have room when running up the middle. Defenders are on top of him before he even reaches the LOS.

Delmas might be better (although it's arguable that Byrd is just as good) but depending on each team's cap situation, signing Byrd might be more realistic. I'm not saying it is because I don't know the Lions' & the Billls' cap situation and who their key free agents are. I'm just saying that might be the case.

It's possible the Browns win six games but you make it sound like it's a fact. Which teams will the Browns definitely beat? I'd say the teams they have the best chance at defeating are the Colts, Redskins, Raiders and the Chiefs. I'm sure fans of those teams think their game vs. Cleveland is an automatic win. Just because the Browns have a very good chance at winning those games doesn't mean they will. Even if they won all of those games, that's only four wins. The rest of the teams they face are all pretty good. I could see the Browns beating the Bengals in Cleveland, though.
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Picking up Levitre would be a huge signing. I'm thinking he stays in Buffalo as their franchise player, but I'd be all for us getting him. With Levitre signed, we could have Pinkston and Lavaou battle it out for the other guard spot. Winner stays, loser walks.

That's why I want to know what Buffalo's cap situation looks like. If they already don't have much cap space, then it will be awfully hard for them to sign both Byrd & Levitre. If they can't sign both, then I hope the Browns sign whichever one of them they don't sign. Cool
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

That's why I want to know what Buffalo's cap situation looks like. If they already don't have much cap space, then it will be awfully hard for them to sign both Byrd & Levitre. If they can't sign both, then I hope the Browns sign whichever one of them they don't sign. Cool

I'd love it, but we do have to remember that aside from CLE & BUFF, there are 30 other teams in the league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: