Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TNF - Cardinals - Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
While I only watched the second half of the game (couple minutes of the 1st), I thought this was a nice game to watch. Good defenses just going back and forth and doing their jobs. I love seeing some nice defensive struggles.

That said, Kolb while he took a beating and was abused... I wasn't impressed. He was very inaccurate on many of his throws. He has the arm strength you look for, but not the accuracy. I also thought he could've tried to make a play on that last possession where he was being sacked. Looked like he could've tossed the ball up and gave someone a chance at it... the game was on the line and he just took the sack gracefully, I didn't like seeing that.

... though with an OL playing that abysmal it's not hard to see why he was ready to pack it in on that play. The Rams pass rush was amazing, but... that line melted so many times that it was just unbelievable. Pressure came from the sides and up the middle- it was pathetic.

On another note, Jeff Fisher for COTY?? He's completely turned around the Rams culture, he probably won't get it simply because they probably just miss out on the playoffs, but wow... that team has really improved in every phase.

Yep. Props to John Fassel especially for finding Greg Zuerlein and Johnny Hekker. They've been elite as rookies. And we got one in the 6th while the other was a UDFA.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Honestly, like I said the guys he should be yelling at (but won't) are his coaches. You're playing a Jeff Fisher defense, it should be no secret you're going to see a lot of Wide-9 (not like they haven't already faced a team running a near identical defense already this season). Yet the number of Double TE sets or the ability of the interior linemen to achieve ANYTHING was just non-existent.

Yeah, this is actually something I was wondering about as well during the course of the game. It's obviously a great strategy to employ given you have a pair of solid blocking tight ends and I've seen even the dumbest of play callers utilize it, so I was wondering why I barely saw it at any point in time tonight. Then I went and looked at Arizona's depth chart and realized their best tight ends are Todd Heap, Jeff King, and Rob Housler. Laughing

While Heap may have been amazing during his time with the Ravens, he is a shell of his former self, and didn't even play tonight. Jeff King I guess is a somewhat solid blocker, and Housler looked pretty competent catching the ball, just not so much blocking. So I guess it'd probably be somewhat hard to employ that strategy when you only have one decent blocker at tight end?

Heap was inactive due to recovery from an ankle injury.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure Domination
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The personal fouls penaltys on Kolb were a COMPLETE JOKE. Those were the only real things I had a problem with, with the refs. From the stands it seemed like Long was getting held a lot too, but not really going to complain about that to much.

El Ramster on this beaut!
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Coaching has made a world of difference. Spags was incompetent.

This why i thought the Rams would surprise people this year (but i only predicted 7-9). After seeing Singletary and then Harbaugh, that opened my eyes to how much quality coaching matters, and why Fisher would be a very valuable addition to STL (more than any 1 player).
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
ramsgoooo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Finally we are over 50%, cant remember the last time that happened. GO RAMS!!!! QUINN IS A BEAST!!!!
did you really take mmy sig bro? Laughing

Sorry bout it, Oakland. You can enjoy your 1 playoff win and then get back to losing 85 games next season.

Was said in 2012^^
fluhartz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
I'm just going to come right out and say it. That game sucked, and sucked at a high level almost the entire way through.

I disagree... Yes both offenses are total crap, but I thought it was awesome to watch the defenses just bash those crappy offenses...

I almost felt bad for Kolb, man he got pounded...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel for the Cards, that was absolutely the worst O-line performance in recent memory.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Feel for the Cards, that was absolutely the worst O-line performance in recent memory.

Reminds me of the Eagles/Steelers game back in 2008 where the OLine did nothing, Ben got sacked 8 times, and hit about 10 more.

*Looks at schedule and sees we play the Eagles this week*

Oh god....
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Finally we are over 50%, cant remember the last time that happened.

Only Saints and Raiders have had a longer streak without a record above .500 Wink

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Reminds me of the Eagles/Steelers game back in 2008 where the OLine did nothing, Ben got sacked 8 times, and hit about 10 more.

Oh god....

Big Ben's revenge Sad

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Pats4ever

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Rams red zone offense Wink
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsgoooo wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Finally we are over 50%, cant remember the last time that happened. GO RAMS!!!! QUINN IS A BEAST!!!!
did you really take mmy sig bro? Laughing

Lol sharing is caring

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Oh god....

Seriously - usually teams who can't pass protect have one or two decent run-blockers (or vice versa) but these guys were truly hopeless at both.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Honestly, like I said the guys he should be yelling at (but won't) are his coaches. You're playing a Jeff Fisher defense, it should be no secret you're going to see a lot of Wide-9 (not like they haven't already faced a team running a near identical defense already this season). Yet the number of Double TE sets or the ability of the interior linemen to achieve ANYTHING was just non-existent.

Yeah, this is actually something I was wondering about as well during the course of the game. It's obviously a great strategy to employ given you have a pair of solid blocking tight ends and I've seen even the dumbest of play callers utilize it, so I was wondering why I barely saw it at any point in time tonight. Then I went and looked at Arizona's depth chart and realized their best tight ends are Todd Heap, Jeff King, and Rob Housler. Laughing

While Heap may have been amazing during his time with the Ravens, he is a shell of his former self, and didn't even play tonight. Jeff King I guess is a somewhat solid blocker, and Housler looked pretty competent catching the ball, just not so much blocking. So I guess it'd probably be somewhat hard to employ that strategy when you only have one decent blocker at tight end?

Heap was inactive due to recovery from an ankle injury.

Exactly why he is "a shell of his former self". Wink

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 78 of 80

Jump to: