Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm sick of everyone saying it impossible to win 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5330
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: I'm sick of everyone saying it impossible to win 6 Reply with quote

@ Giants L
Cincinnati W
@ Indianapolis W
San Diego L
Baltimore L
@ Dallas L
Pittburgh W
@Oakland W
Kansas City W
Washington W
@ Denver L
@ Pittsburgh L

And its not like Dallas, Pittsburgh and Denver are playing so great they are not beatable. Also San Diego and the Giants always lose games they have no business losing. If anything I would say Baltimore is the only team left on our schedule I would lock in as a loss, however, we just pushed them to the limit in their house on a short week. We get them with a full week of practice in our own house and coming off a home game.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41724
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the last time we beat Denver?
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 6979
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think San Diego could be a win. We match up well against them.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6934
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is certainly capable of still winning 6-7 games. A lot of times teams that start out bad give up. With as many first and second year players though I don't see that. Haden,Taylor and our receivers getting healthy will help also.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pmk


Joined: 21 Jun 2007
Posts: 12061
Location: NYC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
This team is certainly capable of still winning 6-7 games. A lot of times teams that start out bad give up. With as many first and second year players though I don't see that. Haden,Taylor and our receivers getting healthy will help also.
I agree, this team is only going to improve as the year goes on (barring catastrophic injuries). Taylor and Haden coming back + the young guys getting experience will only result in more Ws imo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BwickBrownie


Joined: 18 Sep 2007
Posts: 1190
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually picked us to beat Dallas a week ago, and for some reason I'm sticking to my guns with that. Their offense is prone to getting shaken up, which I think our defense can do. And if our offense can look decent against Baltimore, I think we can look good against Dallas (especially playing them later in the season right after our bye week).

It'll be a big indicator of what track we're on at the end of the season if the Browns change from a team who loses games against opponents we have a good chance to beat (eg Buffalo) to getting wins against teams that should be beating us (eg. Dallas, Pittsburgh). In the past we've done both but been upset more than we've been doing the upsetting, and that has to change. That might all be John Madden logic ("The team who can score the most points by the end of the game, tend to come out the winners") but I think it's more of a perception thing. Do you just feel the Browns can play the upset role while winning games they should or are you walking around assuming we'll lose to Oakland/Kansas City/ Washington? Although I'm still in the hopeless optimist camp at this point in time, I feel like the Browns are on an upward trend that is indicative of the direction of this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9349
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
This team is certainly capable of still winning 6-7 games. A lot of times teams that start out bad give up. With as many first and second year players though I don't see that. Haden,Taylor and our receivers getting healthy will help also.
I agree, this team is only going to improve as the year goes on (barring catastrophic injuries). Taylor and Haden coming back + the young guys getting experience will only result in more Ws imo.

Yep. Pretty brutal schedule, but the signs are still pointing in the right direction. Honestly, I'll be relieved when I see victory #1. After that, then I'll start thinking about wins 5, 6, and 7.




pnies20 wrote:
I think San Diego could be a win. We match up well against them.

I hope so. I chose this for the game I'm going to this season. One of these years, I'm going to pick the right game that we win.....
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7900
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time the Browns won 4 games in a row?

Not saying we won't win 6, but we'll need to 'upset' a few teams and we're gonna have to start winning soon.

It's not that likely at this point IMO.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5330
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
When was the last time the Browns won 4 games in a row?

Not saying we won't win 6, but we'll need to 'upset' a few teams and we're gonna have to start winning soon.

It's not that likely at this point IMO.


Well Eric Mangini did it with far less talent so please tell me Eric Mangini is a better coach or please tell me Pat Shurmur can win 4 games in a row with this team.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3557
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to subscribe to the "Any Given Sunday" mentality. I can easily see six wins.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1900
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
When was the last time the Browns won 4 games in a row?

Not saying we won't win 6, but we'll need to 'upset' a few teams and we're gonna have to start winning soon.

It's not that likely at this point IMO.


Well Eric Mangini did it with far less talent so please tell me Eric Mangini is a better coach or please tell me Pat Shurmur can win 4 games in a row with this team.


Eric Mangini is a better coach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16246
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odds are better we'll go 12-4 than 0-16.

6 wins is a nice middle ground.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16246
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
When was the last time the Browns won 4 games in a row?

Not saying we won't win 6, but we'll need to 'upset' a few teams and we're gonna have to start winning soon.

It's not that likely at this point IMO.


Well Eric Mangini did it with far less talent so please tell me Eric Mangini is a better coach or please tell me Pat Shurmur can win 4 games in a row with this team.


Eric Mangini is a better coach


Current employment statuses say otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3820
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's win one game before people start moaning and groaning about other people's predictions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to start into this... but Mangini IS a better coach.

Crappy gm and talent evaluator, but great and intelligent gameday coach
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group