Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will AJ Green surpass Megatron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Green is significantly quicker and lighter on his feet than calvin. Green runs better underneath and mid range routes.

Greens already better overall. IDK if he is quite as dangerous as Calvin, though.

Green does run smoother routes it seems. And he has better hands than Calvin.

He is never gonna be the athletic freak that Calvin is...but as just an all-around WR, Green is arguably past him.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
nixa37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
In my opinion, his lack of size and the fact that he's no where near as good after the catch as Megatron is an automatic no. Megatron is probably faster too. and stronger.

After this season, Megatron would probably be 1 of very very few receivers I would take over Green however.

In that case I assume you think Megatron is better than Rice ever was too, right? He wasn't nearly as big or fast as Megatron either, so according to you that makes him an automatic no too.

The thing is, there is a lot more to being a great WR than being big and fast in a straight line. Green does quite a few of those things better than CJ. I don't think it is at all crazy to think Green might surpass Calvin. There's a reason he was a consensus top 5 pick (and that the Bengals wouldn't give him up for the offer the Browns accepted from the Falcons.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Green is significantly quicker and lighter on his feet than calvin. Green runs better underneath and mid range routes.

Greens already better overall. IDK if he is quite as dangerous as Calvin, though.

Green does run smoother routes it seems. And he has better hands than Calvin.

He is never gonna be the athletic freak that Calvin is...but as just an all-around WR, Green is arguably past him.

Pretty much, yeah.
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
In my opinion, his lack of size and the fact that he's no where near as good after the catch as Megatron is an automatic no. Megatron is probably faster too. and stronger.

An automatic no? Jerry Rice has a lack of size and is not really close to CJ after the catch either. Megatron is obviously faster and stronger than Jerry as well.

What say you?

So Green is just as good as Jerry Rice now? Laughing

Hey, you said automatically, meaning that Jerry Rice would automatically be worse as well. No way you can escape this bro.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

An automatic no? Jerry Rice has a lack of size and is not really close to CJ after the catch either. Megatron is obviously faster and stronger than Jerry as well.

What say you?

You're completely and entirely wrong.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

What say you?

I'd rather have CJ if I needed to break a screen for a big gain.
bigboi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

What say you?

I lol'd when I saw that. Rice is arguably the best of all time when it comes to RAC.
nixa37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboi wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

What say you?

I lol'd when I saw that. Rice is arguably the best of all time when it comes to RAC.

Well, I don't think R2B was really referring to the type of YAC ability that Rice had. Rice's ability came largely from setting up defenders on the route, catching it in stride, and busting it. I think Green could turn into a great YAC WR in that same mold. CJ is just a different sort of animal though with his ability to shrug off defenders, but I think he lags behind Rice (and potentially Green) in the other sense.

Green has shown a pretty sick stiff arm in the past too. For all the talk about how skinny he is, he has good upper body strength (more bench reps than Julio for example) and his freakishly long arms (an inch longer than CJ) certainly help with the stiff arm as well.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a bengals fan obviously i am biased. however, i do think that while megatron is the better receiver right now based on longer production, aj green is not far behind. i believe green has better hands and can contort his body to catch the ball better than calvin. many dont know that green has also bulked up this year. he really hit the gym hard this offseason and is much stronger. i think that is one of the primary reasons he is starting off so well. as long as dalton feeds aj the ball, he will have his chance to prove he is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but 1 year and 4 games doesn't make you the best WR in the NFL lmao. Jerry Rice is the goat after the catch and he is obviously>>> Calvin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>green

Calvin
Fitz
Andre

Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
AJ Green
Steve Smith etc

Andre/Calvin/Fitz stand alone as the top 3 not debatable but you can argue AJ green in top 5 imo. Fitz/Calvin/Andre have been great for YEARS now AJ green is good the top 3 are future HOF (Bold statement but yes i believe this). If you think AJ atm is better than Calvin then you need to watch the NFL more often. by the end of the season AJ will be top 5 but i don't see him pushing fitz Andre or Calvin off the top 3 maybe a few more years Andre will go down he is 31 ya know.
yupyup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ is already the #2 WR in the game after Calvin as far as I'm concerned. He has incredible hands and his ball skills are ridiculous. With that said, he won't pass Calvin for at least a year or two if at all.

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

Also, Green has 107 yards after the catch this year, compared to Megatron's 87.

People don't realize that Green is actually very, very quick. Dude is pretty good after the catch

Much too small of a sample size for that statistic to be remotely useful. Considering YAC doesn't necessarily reflect the ability to make defenders miss. For example, 30 of Green's YAC this season came on the trick play from Sanu, which, in terms of YAC, amounted to him jogging into the end zone.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it. Green is a beast, but I don't see him passing Megatron. Maybe he can get to Fitz's level.
TheGreatDebater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
AJ is already the #2 WR in the game after Calvin as far as I'm concerned. He has incredible hands and his ball skills are ridiculous. With that said, he won't pass Calvin for at least a year or two if at all.

Its official AJ Green is HIGHLY OVERRATED maybe top 5 if you ask me
TheGreatDebater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Green is NOT better than CJ/AJ/Fitz and arguably Nicks,White,Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings are better

1.CJ
2.Fitz
3.AJ
4.White
5.Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: